PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 PM #1
Jaxsdad

Jaxsdad owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My Rant

Ok, first of all, for those that don`t know me, I am Dale Bakken, I am 39 years old, and I love paintball.
I would like to address an issue we have here in our Mt, paintball world. Now I know not everyone is always going to get along all of the time, it just does not happen. I have to admit, just yesterday, I did not handle a situation the way I should have. I read a post by another player and took it differently then it was intended. I then posted a smart a$$ comment. The original poster, posted another post, and then he sent me a pm and apologized for the way he posted and said it was not intended that way. I respect him for that and I wish I had just Pm`d him and asked him what he meant by what he said. I am admiting to being guilty of what I am about to talk about.
Lets look at the paintball community in Mt. It is very small, our state is very spread out, there are really only four fields for us to play on. When we act like children and have these stupid little internet fights, it does nothing but hurt paintball in Mt.
I have to say I have met some great people through paintball, and would love to meet more of you guys, but it seems we are almost divided into two groups, it seems to me the Billings and Great Falls guys have their scene and the Bozeman and Missoula people have theirs. We need to try to get together and make mt. paintball what it could be. I get tired of a thread being turned into a stupid pi$$ing match because of a couple silly comments. ( keep in mind, I just admited to doing that myself, so I am not doing any finger pointing). I guess what I am trying to say is I love playing with the Ligget boys and their crew, the Arch Angel are great as well. The Mad Cows are a bunch of good guys. I enjoyed the competition my old team (misfits) and Project Mayhem had in Bozeman. I look forward to playing with the Dogs, and any other team I might have missed. All I am asking is that we all try to keep the silly arguments out of paintball. There are a lot of very talented guys playing here, we just need to be able to get together more often and enjoy the sport we all love so much. hope some of this makes sense. I, as well as the rest of the Missoula Mad Cows are looking forward to meeting and playing against you. take care guys.
Thanks Dale.

Grimlandm, I apologize for acting like a punk and not just pming you.
Jaxsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM #2
ace1275

what dose everyone think about having an open field day? all of us meet up and just enjoy the sport?dogs, awesome, madcows, any other teams would you guys be down?
ace1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 PM #3
Jaxsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1275 View Post
what dose everyone think about having an open field day? all of us meet up and just enjoy the sport?dogs, awesome, madcows, any other teams would you guys be down?
I think a byop, get together somewhere in the middle, try to get everyone together, and a bbq after would be fun.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 PM #4
ace1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxsdad View Post
I think a byop, get together somewhere in the middle, try to get everyone together, and a bbq after would be fun.
that sounds amazing to me. we could do it here in bozeman, and maybe see about rolin. and i got our tanks if you can bring that sexy compresser of yours
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 PM #5
Mr. Stealthy

People were trying to encourage everyone in the state to participate in more local tournaments. From what I have read, it was not anyones intentions to "fight" or have a "pissing match" with you or anyone involved with your establishment. You obviously misunderstood this and made a comment about driving four hours to play on a dirt field and it was furthered by comments that people would rather play paintball with people who are "in it for the love of the sport". These kind of comments do nothing but tribalize the teams in the state and eventually kill paintball on both a state and local level. I assure you that any division felt amongst your group is not shared with anyone in my community of paintball.

The RMPS series put on by BJ has been one of the best things that has happened to Montana as far as bringing players from all around the state together to play. Awesome Paintball has also done a great job this year at providing a very well run and fun filled series for everyone in Montana to play. Both of these series are also geared towards newer players and are providing a great oppurtunity for new talent to form in the state. It is sad to see people work so hard to put together these tournaments only to have low participation rates. If you want to bring paintball together, please participate in as many local tournament events as you can, don't criticize other people's fields and don't take everything on the internet to heart. I think that by doing these things you will find that the vast majority of us are all in the sport for the love of it and want to see it grow.

-Woody

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 04-28-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 PM #6
Jaxsdad

My team last year played in a series that suffered from what you just mentioned, because of that the last tournament was not even played, I was not only speaking of the latest thread, you all know it has happened in the past, i just brought up this situation because i was one who handled it wrong.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 AM #7
EvokeBaller

I am new here so I think we should all just hug.

But really, If you guys get a big meet going in Bozeman I will provide the bbq & burgers, just let me know the day. We have a sportbike group around the area (GSR - Gallatin Sportbike Riders) that I am used to settting up events for.
EvokeBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM #8
bunkerinu
Champion of the People

bunkerinu plays in the USPL
bunkerinu plays in the PSP
bunkerinu supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerinu plays in the APPA D3 division
I played in every single tournament in mt last year (except for one 3 man) went to 2 scrimmages in billings and one at muddy springs, and one at rolands where the bzerkerz didnt show. played every available weekend i had. went to the pro clincic (everyone should have gone btw). i just str8 up tried to support montana paintball. and by the end of the year we had 4 teams show up to our 4 man last september. I am asking everyone out there if we support your field and or tournaments, please return the favor
Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 PM #9
ace1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerinu View Post
I played in every single tournament in mt last year (except for one 3 man) went to 2 scrimmages in billings and one at muddy springs, and one at rolands where the bzerkerz didnt show. played every available weekend i had. went to the pro clincic (everyone should have gone btw). i just str8 up tried to support montana paintball. and by the end of the year we had 4 teams show up to our 4 man last september. I am asking everyone out there if we support your field and or tournaments, please return the favor
we had 3 guys at rolands and the bezerkers have all split. not sure what that has to do with any thing.. but you guys did support paintball more than any one last year. i will have a team at your next tourney.. our teams problem this year is just a lack of funds.. belive me if i could be at every tourney, i would be

Last edited by ace1275 : 04-29-2009 at 01:53 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups