Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 PM #22
idkwutgun2get?

this may sound stupid but its a good way of explaining. you know Call of duty 4, world at war and those games, there very similar tactics to paintball .there all kinds on sniping, support fire, "getting lost" , recalling intel, ect ect... the list goes on. pic what you feel you do best at and work on from there. just go out there and try new things and eventually you will realize if you found the right position for you

Tippmann Package all you need!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post61506723
idkwutgun2get? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 AM #23
Jdeason89

first of all i have never understood why people want to be a sniper in paintball. a paintball doesnt fly consistent enough to be accurate . its not like your using a browning .308 out there just play the game be sneaky and elusive but there is no such thing as a true sniper in paint ball.

the invert mini the greatest little marker ever devised -me

im lucky enough to own both!!!!!
Jdeason89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:30 AM #24
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeason89 View Post
first of all i have never understood why people want to be a sniper in paintball. a paintball doesnt fly consistent enough to be accurate . its not like your using a browning .308 out there just play the game be sneaky and elusive but there is no such thing as a true sniper in paint ball.
you realize that it doesnt need to be said anymore, we know that you arent going to pick some one off across a field with a paintball, but the tactics still work in a scenario game.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 PM #25
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
it's okay that some people only focus on the fact that a Sniper is good with a gun and not the many other things that really makes up a Sniper. Product of the Liberal propaganda machine. The media only wants to associate the term "Sniper" with some lone gunman who kills people with a high powered rifle from half a mile away. They don't say anything about the recon that Snipers have gathered in Iraq that saved countless soldier's lives or anything like that. That would be truth in media, which we know as an oxymoron.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM #26
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
it's okay that some people only focus on the fact that a Sniper is good with a gun and not the many other things that really makes up a Sniper. Product of the Liberal propaganda machine. The media only wants to associate the term "Sniper" with some lone gunman who kills people with a high powered rifle from half a mile away. They don't say anything about the recon that Snipers have gathered in Iraq that saved countless soldier's lives or anything like that. That would be truth in media, which we know as an oxymoron.
basically
Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 PM #27
Jdeason89

yea i understand everything a sniper does my friend is a sniper in the marines. but this aint marines its paintball. yea some things are some what similar but sniping can not be done in paintball. you can go off alone and gather intel to bring back to your team. and even lay in wait for your opponent. but sniping is alot more than pulling a trigger and sending a projectile toward the enemy.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM #28
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

The only limitation here is the equipment and given enough practice with your gear, and given decent paint, you will be able to hit what you shoot for (in range) on the first shot. Everything else is applicable in some manner here. For the walk-on woodsball game, not so much, but for games like DDay, ION and NJ Nam and such a Sniper team is definitely just as valuable an asset to any general as armor would be. I personally have sat less than 50' from the enemy CP eavesdropping on the General's conversations with his XO and squad leaders doing nothing but relaying that information back to my CP. I couldn't have made it to that observation point if I hadn't been schooled in the art of camouflage, stealth, movement through hostile AOs and fire discipline which I all picked up in training.

Last edited by stevebski : 07-08-2009 at 07:25 PM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM #29
Jdeason89

duly noted and i understand all you say my dad was a demo expert and when i was a kid we spent every weekend in the woods in a different areas. he taught me tactics, disipline and the importance of fire supiority (excuse my spelling) my mind is very tacticly sound and it helps alot in paint ball. you have opened my eyes to sniping i senario play but it cant work in rec pay or most woodsballs games. i have a tippmann 98c and i used to think i could play the role as a sniper and i could if i had my .308 out there lol i have 800 bucks worth of camo that i used ived had ppl almost step on me and never know i was there until i took them out but the long distance sniper shot is impossible unless they make smaller paintballs and spiral groved barrels. then i will still dout because no paint ball is perfectly round.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 PM #30
officer J
"TAP"

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/a...f4c728834-.jpg

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
officer J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:05 AM #31
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer J View Post
the schwartz it with you my son. And they're not dolls, they're action figures!

The problem with our projectile isn't the size, it's the fact it's an elastic shell filled with a fluid. When we fire our round, it accelerates and stretches out making it oblong. When it leaves the control bore, depending on your paint to bore fit, it starts to tumble end over end like a waterballoon will when you throw it really hard. This rotational velocity is good in that it helps guarantee a break when it hits because of the energy it has, but it kills accuracy. Which is why the control bore is so important. It keeps the ball from tumbling for a greater distance if the bore is a good fit. Tiberius Arms introduced a finned paintball, similar to the ones corrections officers use in the FN303. The fin on the paintball stabilizes the ball and keeps it from tumbling, which give is a laser straight shot that is more like a real bullet than a paintball. There's still drop but since the energy isn't being used in rotational velocity, the ball seems to travel further, when in fact it's just traveling straighter longer. The introduction of this round is new to paintball and we have to see how well it does here. Rifling a barrel will do nothing for paintball period. The purpose of rifling is to put a spiral on the ball to stabilize the flight characteristics. The problem with paintballs are that they are filled with fluid. we can spiral the shell, but it takes something rediculous like a 10' barrel of rifling to get the fluid mass to spiral as well. Which would 1 be impractical, and 2 be horribly inefficient. Rifling is a step backwards IMO. Don't believe the ads, I can take 5 minutes in microsoft paint and draw two bullseyes, one with a tight group of dots and one without and say the tight group is my barrel too.

And before it's mentioned again, the flatline concept does as advertised. It increases the range of the shot by putting a different spin on the ball. This however uses up most of the energy needed to break the ball before it hits at range. And they are not that consistent on where they throw the ball so you can't put a scope/red dot on and aim for hoppers/guns/lenses. The flatline is a harassment tool, meaning that you can pepper opponents at a range where they can't shoot back. It's not an answer to the sniping issue.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM #32
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Being an effective sniper is difficult in paintball. But not impossible by any means.

Several things need to be overcome.

Your effective range is 25-30 yards for anything CLOSE to one shot kills.
Farther than that you have to take several shots due to the inherent inaccuracy of paintballs.

Most scenario games force you to use their field paint which is NOT the best quality paint as far as accuracy is concerned. In addition, it is usually brightly colored, high visibility, "tracer round" paint the speedballers like.

If the bush your are hiding in is spitting out "tracer rounds" your life expectency is very short. May not be practical to spend 2 hours getting into a position to last 120 seconds in a firefight. Unless it is a General Kill for points, then you are a hero but still dead. You walk down, find the ref and make SURE you get the points for a general kill. Generals have been known to wipe too.

IF you can bring your own paint, you want to buy FRESH, high quality, Low Visibility paint. Solid black shell or solid dark green shell. Black is literally invisible in a wooded, shaded area.

The other problem is SOUND. at the ranges we use in paintball, you can pretty much HEAR any marker shoot. Still some are quieter than others. Some are very quiet. USUALLY there is some noise going on that will mask your sound if it is quiet. If they do hear it, they scan in your direction meaning they have a general idea and are looking for those "tracer rounds" and listening to locate you buy sound. A typical blow back type marker is very loud and they will look right AT the bush you are in and send 4 guys to kill you. Zilencers do work up to a point but useless with a blow back marker because the report from the blowback mechanism to recock the marker discharges a report that is as loud or louder than the muzzle report.

So your tactics are simple. Get close without being detected. WAIT for a high value POINT target. Many games give points for General Kills. Some games have missions for killing the general. So check with your General if the game will have those kinds of missions. Then you want to be in position with a radio and WAIT for the mission to start via radio. Kill the general for the 200 mission points then take out the XO who is now the 'acting general' for an additional 50 points if the game rules work that way.

Always find out from the Head Ref before game if the XO is worth the same points if killed when the General is dead. If yes, always go for a double kill. Again, this is a fine point not published in the rules and if you have already run it past the head ref prior to game then most likely you will have to go down to the ref on the field and have him call the head ref to confirm a double kill for general points. Many refs would not know to count it as a double kill. Confirm who was hit first than second.

Snipers are also very valuable for recon and intel. A sniper can get yourself a set of super snooper ears and listen in on all the missions of the enemy. Not fire a shot but cost the other team HUNDREDS of points by helping your general disrupt enemy missions. That can wind up being a "most valuable player" nominee for the game.

There is a game I was XO for where there was a team of 20 players all in one family and included 3 Generations that did NOTHING but intel and disruption of the enemy missions. Great Grandma sat at the crossroads in a chair, umbrella, facemask and cooler full of iced down water and Gatoraide with straws. Handed them out to players and after a while the enemy would tell her where their missions were going. She had a voice mic on vox under her scarf around her neck and repeated what they said. Grandpa was on the other end of that radio listening and would send a Death Squad of his kids and grand kids to that objective to dirsupt the mission(s). Other kids and especially the girls were in full ghillie or camo and stationed throughout the field to just report troop movements. Many didn't even carry a marker. Just intel only. Several were assigned to get within listening range of the HQ. When they accomplished that, we had troops going to their mission objective before their team got their squad together.

Their impact was devestating on the other teams ability to earn points and they had NO CLUE why....

So with the right equipment, and a desire NOT to play speedball all weekend but earn points for your team, You can have a good time.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 AM #33
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

i love that one, i would love to meet that team. totally sounds like something i would have thought up, lol.

i still need to sort out my camo for the various scenarios we have locally. that and finish my scenario rifle.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 PM #34
meatwad969
PSN: thebuttninja

okay heres where i think the MOST effective role for a sniper(ghost flanker, camper, whathaveyou) would be to guard the objective from the enemy a good enough distance away to avoid being detected, while still being close enough to pick off targets one by one. ALWAYS have a wingman wiht a radio system, so he will take point and let you know whats going down in the heat of the moment. you could even cheat and have him hang out around the base if you wanted. develop a radio strategy so you can stay in constant communication wiht the rest of your team, giving them updates about whether or not to return to base, for if someone grabbed your flag or whatever the scenario entails.

in terms of a sniper rifle, get a pump style marker(semi if you want, autocockers are the direction you want to go in, quiet, accurate, upgradeable) wiht a long *** barrel, and i dont think the tank size will matter if your not emptying hopper after hopper like sayyy... me. so the velocity and the air expenditure and blablabla.....

ghillie suit is a whatever. ive never seen the ghillie guy outlast me, partly because the ghillie guy doesnt know what hes doing round these parts. thats personal preference imo.
meatwad969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 PM #35
sniper nevets

thanks for all the help guys, you have given me a lot of good pionts, and i plan on making a family liked talked about above, thats too funny. i am planning on going to Splatterparks big game again this fall and spring, so i will try it out there. unfortunatly their are no genreals relaying info and whathaveyou, but i will try the small team set up and provide cover and intel to them. i want to see if we can control an area. thanks again and keep the info comin!
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon this field today."
sniper nevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM #36
Krazy8s
Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllShootYouInTheFace View Post
i wanna know more about the tennis ball and or the post-it note tricks.

Do you post a post-it up and catch an enemy reading it? lol
i wear purple DVS skating shoes. i saw a guy looking at them in total confusion before i barrel tagged him.

Unless you live HARDCORE
Krazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 PM #37
Krazy8s
Hardcore

i mostly play scenario games (especially big games) and since my girlfriend plays too, me and her usually go out on the left (or right) flank of our team. when our team gets contact, we're usually either behind or next to the enemy, picking them off. but if our general gives us a mission, we usually do recon...but we have done assassination missions. the best thing to do is to stay near the edge of the field so no one can sneak up behind u, and to always make sure u have a perfect escape route. u wanna make sure your very quiet. get a ported barrel. camoflague is important too (obviously). if your on a special mission, cover up your team colors (red/blue arm band, any bright colors). the most important thing to keep in mind is patience. dont run after your enemy, and dont shoot as soon as u see them. doesnt matter if your 10 feet or 100 feet away from them, if u have to crawl, do it slowly and silently, even if its inches at a time. and as for intel, always carry a radio (keep it off when sniping) and make sure to keep in touch with your leaders. keep checking in with the mission center. make sure u know which team has a tank, which team controls what base, and how many waves there are. some people say there isnt sniping in paintball, some say there is. i think sniping is 100% possible. other people might not say so, but that could mean they think of a different form of sniping.

oh, and travel light. dont bring 10 pods. bring no more than 2, and always have a spotter. dont wear your ghuillie if its 100 degrees out.

im a sniper too, and i love it. just be patient, travel light, and make sure u have GOOD intel.....

bad intel is the worst thing u can EVER have. it will get u out 99.9999% of the time. have your recon team verify your intel

Unless you live HARDCORE
Krazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:18 PM #38
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Being a former sniper, a project I always wanted to make was a Decoy Sniper.

What I wanted was a Radio Controled Marker or a speaker and amp that would play the sound of a typical marker firing. It would fire a few miliseconds before I fired. Linked to my trigger pull and set it off as I SquEEEEEEZ the trigger on my target. The goal would be to mask the sound of MY firing. Mine would sound like an echo or just plain mask the sound. I could pick off a whole squad flanking in on that bush with the decoy in it.

In my wildest fantasy it would be Throwable. Why I wanted it radio activated. Might not always have time to set up an ambush or not WANT to set up an ambush if on recon or enroute to you objective. It would be a survival gizmo you could have a lot of FUN with.

Back to reality. If you wanted to set up an ambush application it wouldn't take much to hard wire a decoy into your markers trigger. A momentary switch activated by the trigger pull. Closes the circuit that just turns on the solenoid rigged to pull the trigger on another marker. Add 15 yards of two wire in between. I'd use a relay activation circuit with the battery pack to run the solenoid with the decoy marker instead of trying to send all that current down a long wire.

Got the schematic if anyone is interested.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:30 PM #39
briguy4lyfe
i steal pods.

u should get some sort of air valve and hook it up to a 9oz co2 tank instead of making a sound.

if you have the sound no ones going to go after it but if you have a decoy with lets call the co2 cloud barrel "flash" people will think its real

dye i3s events
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post62930136

i gotta nice canon powershot camera for your airsoft m4
briguy4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 PM #40
reaper_t_r
The Swampballer

In my experience, sound is an amazing way to lure people in. I once set up my 98c on a stand and used a pulley system with fishing line to fire the gun. I would just tug on the line and the gun would fire. They started spraying th whole spot. I timed the shots to where they would move closer and closer. Right into the minefeild I had set. Wiped out 4 of them. I shot the last one pretty easy.

So yeah, I think its a great idea.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:55 PM #41
THE PERFECT TRADER
NICK PALOMBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeason89 View Post
not true, shoot a first strike round.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM #42
FrontMenDie1st
R. Frederickson

FrontMenDie1st plays in the PSP
FrontMenDie1st plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PERFECT TRADER View Post
not true, shoot a first strike round.
im not paying $1/ paintball