Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-02-2001, 06:02 PM #1
Dubstar112
professional Slacker

has been a member for 10 years
I want a back up gun! question time

I want a back up gun, or a gun to use when Im not using my Hyper-warp-mag, or just a gun to use when I get bored with my mag.

Will a Rainmaker be able to go months with out use, then be ready to use at once?... is there any dependability issue with ANY older models, and with the newer ones?.. i see alot of people capping off the back mounted/regulator thingy and mounting one vertically... how is this done, and what is involved?.. is the triggerframe metal or plastic?(the stock one) what is a good input pressure from my flatline, and do i need to use the back mounted reg if I just use my flatline reg, and a WGP reg?.. i see it done this way all the time, i just want to know if there is any thing internally i need to do.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2001, 06:03 PM #2
Dubstar112
professional Slacker

Also, what is a fairly decent price on a RM, used in good condition and a new one.

Does the position of the vertical feed throw the ballance of the marker off at all?, it looks very far back towards the back of the gun.

Last edited by Dubstar112 : 11-02-2001 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:44 PM #3
Volcov

Alright I don't know much about RMs, but I am pretty sure if you want to use your own reg you have to buy a VXT Icebox that will let you put others on.

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 11-02-2001, 08:54 PM #4
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

Will a Rainmaker be able to go months with out use, then be ready to use at once?...
yep, should do just fine

is there any dependability issue with ANY older models, and with the newer ones?..
as far as i know, there are no dependability issues with the older ones. just dont try to run a 98 board on a 9v battery. that most likly will fry it

i see alot of people capping off the back mounted/regulator thingy and mounting one vertically... how is this done, and what is involved?..
yep, its a common and simple mod. without buying a capping part, just getting a vert reg and mag vert adapter(that flatline should do ok in place of the vert reg and the mag vert adapter) and run that into the stock HP reg. then turn the hp reg all the way up(so the pressure regulation comes from the OTHER reg). to add a new LP reg, just put a 10-32 set screw into the LP reg out and add the cocker lp reg onto the side and run the LP hose from the cocker reg to the mac mount
the reason people do this is b/c when running CO2 with their guns, it can have a bad effect on these regs. these regs are actually quite decent(for the most part, I got an oddball, however) so i at lest suggest trying them before you upgrade.

is the triggerframe metal or plastic?(the stock one)
yep, the frame is metal

what is a good input pressure from my flatline, and do i need to use the back mounted reg if I just use my flatline reg, and a WGP reg?.. i see it done this way all the time, i just want to know if there is any thing internally i need to do
im not sure what you are asking here, try and rephrase if possible
Old 11-02-2001, 08:59 PM #5
Dubstar112
professional Slacker

on the back of the RM, you called it a HP reg,(i think thats what you were reffering to.), what pressure is good to run into that from my flatline? like 600,-800- i just want to know that way i can get a better knowledge of the RM.

so could i cap the back reg off and just run my flatline straight in to the marker?