Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM #43
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrFighter View Post
From reading what you have said, I will assume you believe our current president is far from qualified. After a few things he has done, I doubt he has a shread of common sence. He did say carbon dioxide is a poison.
I certainly think he's far from qualified to address highly specific questions. If you want to discuss clean energy, don't have some politician tell you what's clean and what isn't. Have the environmentalist or the engineer who has a Ph.D. in that specific area tell you what's clean. I don't want to listen to some bureaucrat talk, I want to listen to someone who is highly specialized talk. I want data, facts, and numbers. I don't want some condensed version which has been simplified for the layman. If the layman can't understand the concepts, don't try to translate them, just ignore the simpletons.

But that's why he (the president) has a cabinet. However, this cabinet currently (and has been for quite sometime) is less about knowledge and more about popularity.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos

Last edited by Crede777 : 04-27-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 PM #44
chandler SNARF
Proud owner of the Brovo.

[quote=meMYSELFnI;58387490]I didn't say it was.
I basically asked where's this country heading.
Seeing what laws and liberties started this country to how this country keeps progressing.

True that, my bad.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:56 PM #45
WorrFighter
Sweet Serenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I certainly think he's far from qualified to address highly specific questions. If you want to discuss clean energy, don't have some politician tell you what's clean and what isn't. Have the environmentalist or the engineer who has a Ph.D. in that specific area tell you what's clean. I don't want to listen to some bureaucrat talk, I want to listen to someone who is highly specialized talk. I want data, facts, and numbers. I don't want some condensed version which has been simplified for the layman. If the layman can't understand the concepts, don't try to translate them, just ignore the simpletons.

But that's why he (the president) has a cabinet. However, this cabinet currently (and has been for quite sometime) is less about knowledge and more about popularity.
Props to you for being a thinking American!

g2 has a skanky sig!
Member of the KOT before it was ruined .
WorrFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:15 PM #46
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:

The cabinets of the past few presidents have been staffed by a mixture of friends and political favors... personally I would want a cabinet that would challenge me and blow my *** out of the water in knowledge and experience so that no matter what I have the knowledge base to take on any problem. That and politicians, like journalists, shouldn't give favors because of friendship or personal debts.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM #47
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
The cabinets of the past few presidents have been staffed by a mixture of friends and political favors... personally I would want a cabinet that would challenge me and blow my *** out of the water in knowledge and experience so that no matter what I have the knowledge base to take on any problem. That and politicians, like journalists, shouldn't give favors because of friendship or personal debts.
My limited knowledge of recent political trends has led me to believe that Colin Powell was the last "good" staff member.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM #48
icp1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrFighter View Post
From reading what you have said, I will assume you believe our current president is far from qualified. After a few things he has done, I doubt he has a shread of common sence. He did say carbon dioxide is a poison.
Well if you only had carbon dioxide to breathe that would suck....
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM #49
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
Well if you only had carbon dioxide to breathe that would suck....
Everything is a poison if you consume enough of it.

Over-exposure to CO2 is bad. It's what we use to put our fruit flies to sleep during lab experiments. I'm like 99% sure that it causes brain damage to them due to anoxia.

... Poor little guys. They get knocked out and then, after they're analyzed, they take an Ethanol bath.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 AM #50
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirophant0 View Post
I don't know. One could make an argument. Yes, it is not a strict democracy, nor are we a strict republic. All the major players of the US government, except SCOTUS, are essentially directly elected. That being said, I don't know what it really matters what we are called, that is just a game of semantics. Enhanced interrogation or torture, no matter what we call it, lets not argue over the name, but the issue.
That's the thing, they're not directly elected, depending on the office.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:04 AM #51
Hirophant0
Historian at large

Hirophant0 is an NCPA player
Hirophant0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
That's the thing, they're not directly elected, depending on the office.
Can we at least agree that government is better off not having people directly elected?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 AM #52
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

Yes, that's why we're a Republic. James Madison, the man who defended and helped write much of the Constitution, coined the term 'Tyranny of the Majority', which is basically a more contemporary term for mob rule. He wanted to prevent a 'tyranny of the majority' from happening, and other founders agreed. That's why they made this country a republic.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:04 PM #53
Hirophant0
Historian at large

Hirophant0 is an NCPA player
Hirophant0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
Yes, that's why we're a Republic. James Madison, the man who defended and helped write much of the Constitution, coined the term 'Tyranny of the Majority', which is basically a more contemporary term for mob rule. He wanted to prevent a 'tyranny of the majority' from happening, and other founders agreed. That's why they made this country a republic.
You are correct, but the point that I was trying to make earlier is that the Entire Legislative branch is directly elected now, while the electoral college no longer operates in the desired manner. More and more, the united states has been implementing democracy. I wonder if it is better or worse.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:10 PM #54
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Quote:
My limited knowledge of recent political trends has led me to believe that Colin Powell was the last "good" staff member.
Oh yes. Because Colin Powell is REALLY reliable...

timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM #55
timmyt (Banned)
relentless

Also, he holds that yellow cake like a ***.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 PM #56
ThePr0pheT (Banned)
Trust me, I'm a Lawyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
You never learned that the US is a republic, not a democracy?

It's just another video that claims to know all yet fails to pass the bar.
Exactly...

And Arabic and Hebrew in the same sig... that must be like a snake and a mongoose.
ThePr0pheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM #57
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePr0pheT View Post
Exactly...

And Arabic and Hebrew in the same sig... that must be like a snake and a mongoose.
Well I'm Jewish (so that explains the hebrew) and I believe that Islam (and Christianity) both celebrate the same God so I don't see why we can't all get along through our common faith.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote