Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-04-2003, 10:15 AM #1
2term8r
Free Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Getting out the trigger/microswitch

The tiny medal bracket that the the trigger touches to activate the microswitch fell out (my fault). Anyways what way do I punch out the pins that are located throughout the frame?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2003, 11:00 AM #2
ApoC_101 (Banned)
FALCONIZING!!!

the ends with the groves come out. use some sorta nice punch tool and a hammer. be careful, but dont be afraid to use (careful) force. while youre at it, upgrade the switch. if you can give me the serial and make, ill find you a nicer switch to use.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:50 AM #3
2term8r
Free Baller

Am I like the first person to do this ? I'll get the serial for you.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:34 PM #4
2term8r
Free Baller

Heres a few things i learned. The set screws for the trigger are magnetic but don't attract to the metal bracket that actuates the microswitch (hint hint). The microswitch is planted firmly on the circuit board, maybe soldered? The switch is manufactured by Cherry Electrical Products ( www.cherry.de ). These letters and numbers are written on the other side; DG13A 125VAC 080BT
T852A. 30VDC and two symbols that look like backward RU. Thats all the info I could find without takin the switch apart.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:14 PM #5
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
I don't advise removing the switch, its firmly soldered onto the board at three points. If you need to replace the metal bracket then just open the switch and put it back in the slots. When opening the switch carefully pull up the taps on each side...

To replace the switch you shouldn't have to remove any pins from the gun. If you do have to remove a pin remember that pins are designed to go in one way, like a nail, as such one side of the pin will have raised ridges on it. So be careful when removing the pins, make sure you use the centerpunch on the correct side.

Good luck.