Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Best Punk Band? - I ranked them in my personal order - 1 being best!
The Ramones 8 8.08%
Green Day 6 6.06%
Blink 182 29 29.29%
The Clash 19 19.19%
Sex Pistols 8 8.08%
Good Charlotte 8 8.08%
Sum 41 1 1.01%
Rancid 6 6.06%
The Offspring 14 14.14%
Nerf Herder 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 AM #43
paintball_shaman
 
 
paintball_shaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oregon
Green Day did not create punk.
paintball_shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 AM #44
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Petron View Post


Epic winrar.
I <3 Joe Strummer.


So from your list, id have to say the Clash, but let it be known that there is no "greatest punk band ever."

But **** man, with the exception of Strummer, Richard Hell, David Johansen & Johnny Thunders, Jim Carroll, Jack Terricloth, even Wayne Kramer...they are all leagues beyond your Green Day and Anti-Flag. Lydon and Vicious were just kind of douches, and I seriously your poll is just you trolling.
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 AM #45
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
green day invented punk as most people now know it, and blink perfected it.
Oh, and green day did not invent punk as we know it, they raped it and fed the dead remains to Tom Delonge who decided to regurgitate it on a bunch of middle school chicks.
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 AM #46
Potz4Prez
I am a thinking thing oo~
 
Potz4Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ohio, not Taipei - ****
If Blink 182 wins over The Clash, I'm going to slit some throats.
__________________
flickr-Has, but does not condone the sharing of, noodz.

"Originally Posted by AndyAllen019: Potz is the GDT.."

"Originally Posted by gentimmy: potz ur my hero"

"Originally Posted by AndyAllen019: By far the funniest post I have seen in quite some time[...] Well played, good sir, well played."
Potz4Prez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:15 AM #47
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
green day invented punk as most people now know it, and blink perfected it.
QFT

Sorry all you punk geeks, but I only included relevent bands that people actually listen to. Enough of the bad brains, anti-flag, underground punk bs. Those bands don't matter and noone listens to them.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:33 AM #48
whiteytheoutlaw
RIP Rex
 
whiteytheoutlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Downtown Denver
whiteytheoutlaw owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whiteytheoutlaw is an NCPA player
whiteytheoutlaw plays in the APPA beginner division
whiteytheoutlaw has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
QFT

Sorry all you punk geeks, but I only included relevent bands that people actually listen to. Enough of the bad brains, anti-flag, underground punk bs. Those bands don't matter and noone listens to them.
no one listens to them.


is that why you can buy anti-flag cds at target?

and i saw "Rock For Light" at best buy the other day along with "Damaged".

so if bands like bad brains and black flag are irrelevant and if no one listens to them...then why would the executives at the nations biggest electronics store decide to stock their albums........interesting....
__________________
FHK


BLITZ
RIVAL
whiteytheoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM #49
Ov3rmind in 2006
Ov3rmind in 2006 in 2010
 
Ov3rmind in 2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bush View Post
and I seriously your poll is just you trolling.
So, how did you figure that out? The fact that every single post he makes is obviously trolling (which is in 90% of the threads in this forum), or the fact that a number of posts within this thread are telling him to stop trolling? Every single user who took this thread seriously is a moron. Read the damn thread or read any other post wavesport has ever made.
__________________
TEK

Metal and Hardcore Records: Original early Sepultura LPs, Necros - Conquest for Death LP
Ov3rmind in 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 AM #50
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom
 
KamakaziWatermelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Richland, Washington
KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
QFT

Sorry all you punk geeks, but I only included relevent bands that people actually listen to. Enough of the bad brains, anti-flag, underground punk bs. Those bands don't matter and noone listens to them.
anti flag and bad brains are much more mainstream than Nerf Herder
__________________
ST:T
"They know what is what but they dont know what is what, they just strut...what the ****?"

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

KamakaziWatermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 AM #51
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
anti flag and bad brains are much more mainstream than Nerf Herder
I suppose, but I have a special place in my heart for Nerf Herder. Anyway, I've never heard a song by anti-flag or bad brains on the radio so they don't count.


Quote:
So, how did you figure that out? The fact that every single post he makes is obviously trolling (which is in 90% of the threads in this forum), or the fact that a number of posts within this thread are telling him to stop trolling? Every single user who took this thread seriously is a moron. Read the damn thread or read any other post wavesport has ever made.
You're just mad because you like punk music, and punk music sucks.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM #52
Leprosy
**** PBN
 
Leprosy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norfolk, VA
i vote bad brains
__________________
"Originally posted by Metal Authority:
Dear Leprosy
Kind regards,
You are a hero to Metal, and to the Reich.
Grim regards
- Metal Authority."
Leprosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:37 AM #53
AnarchistScum (Banned)
Kvlt-Princess
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern California
luls worst troll ever
time to talk to mods
AnarchistScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM #54
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing
 
komodo_117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pennsylvania, The 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchistScum View Post
luls worst troll ever
time to talk to mods
They won't do anything.

The mods generally fail pretty hard at detecting trolls.

He'll get bored eventually.
__________________
Jlausen: "Think of what 90% of people do on PCP.

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."




XBL - xStonedCrow
komodo_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM #55
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick
 
WorldStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_shaman View Post
Green Day created pop punk, which is just mainstream punk, which Blink perfected.
Almost as incorrect as the statement you quoted.
__________________
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 PM #56
Mr. Bush
hi
 
Mr. Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 3oh!3, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rmind in 2006 View Post
So, how did you figure that out? The fact that every single post he makes is obviously trolling (which is in 90% of the threads in this forum), or the fact that a number of posts within this thread are telling him to stop trolling? Every single user who took this thread seriously is a moron. Read the damn thread or read any other post wavesport has ever made.
Touche'
__________________
Feedback

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody

3035
Mr. Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM #57
Polly Petron
I ain't even mad
 
Polly Petron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
In terms of pop punk, the descendents were monumentally more influential than green day.
Polly Petron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:22 PM #58
mutumbo
 
 
mutumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Almost as incorrect as the statement you quoted.
uh, no he pretty much got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Petron View Post
In terms of pop punk, the descendents were monumentally more influential than green day.
how do you figure?
__________________
Tournament paintball is not a game; it is the culmination of sacrifices of people's lives.

"Originally posted by SBC785: if i had a vagina, i'd see what i can put in it...it would be like a wallet that i didn't have to pay for"
"Originally posted by uknowme: listen ma'am i dont tell you what to put in your mouth (unless i was so inclined and the moment arose) so back off lady kthanxbye lol"
'Originally posted by XxpatrickxX: jesus was a OG alocholic though, he said **** water BAM wine it up."
mutumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM #59
Polly Petron
I ain't even mad
 
Polly Petron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Dookie - 1994

Milo Goes to College - 1982

This review will explain better than i can.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:569sa9qgb23a
Polly Petron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 PM #60
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit
 
TPB_Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: British Columbia
Punk music is for kids who think rebellion is a fashion.
__________________
"It's better to be aware of one's ignorance than to go on believing dubious and unjustified ideas." - Socrates

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
TPB_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:32 PM #61
mutumbo
 
 
mutumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Petron View Post
Dookie - 1994

Milo Goes to College - 1982

This review will explain better than i can.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:569sa9qgb23a
did you forget about 1039/smoothed out/slappy hours which was the compilation of their 3 9-inch records, that came out WAAAY before 94?

i never said greenday started all punk. i said they started the genre of "pop-punk" that MOST poeple would know today. take a poll on the streets and see what name is more reconizible, the descendants or green day. hell my PARENTS even know who greenday is, and im 99.9% positive they would have never heard of the descendents.

and that article does nothing except show that the descendents are older, but jsut because they have been around longer does not mean that they were more influential or revolutionary.


EDIT: as of 2005 dookie had sold over 10 million copies, i didnt see the descendents on that list at all
__________________
Tournament paintball is not a game; it is the culmination of sacrifices of people's lives.

"Originally posted by SBC785: if i had a vagina, i'd see what i can put in it...it would be like a wallet that i didn't have to pay for"
"Originally posted by uknowme: listen ma'am i dont tell you what to put in your mouth (unless i was so inclined and the moment arose) so back off lady kthanxbye lol"
'Originally posted by XxpatrickxX: jesus was a OG alocholic though, he said **** water BAM wine it up."

Last edited by mutumbo : 04-24-2009 at 03:37 PM.
mutumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:22 PM #62
Polly Petron
I ain't even mad
 
Polly Petron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
d

and that article does nothing except show that the descendents are older, but jsut because they have been around longer does not mean that they were more influential or revolutionary.
So basically, they were one of the first to incorporate catchy pop hooks into punk. Which is basically what green day did 10 years later.

Somehow, just because all the kiddies in middle school loved green day, now they're more influential?

The velvet underground was never popular, are you going to say that they weren't massively influential either?

Face it kiddo, green day definitely drew their sound greatly from the descendents. And you having not heard of them doesn't MEAN anything at all. So what? The average highschooler hasn't heard of some punk band. Their opinion totally matters.
Polly Petron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:31 PM #63
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
So basically, they were one of the first to incorporate catchy pop hooks into punk. Which is basically what green day did 10 years later.
The Ramones did that first. Oh and they created punk. Die moron.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump