Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-03-2003, 09:05 PM #1
SerpentSaint
Can I use your nitrus?!?!

has been a member for 10 years
Nitrogen Refill Station

Ok im a newb in this area... i was wondering first of all does one of those nitrogen scuba tanks off ebay work and hold the same nitrogen that we use... and can u use that as a refill tank... and im asuming u have to buy the hose things for filling N2 tanks. and lastly where do u get the refills refilled at? i have heard scuba shops but im not certain. thanks you!

Team Undertow
www.TeamUndertow.com

My B/S/T Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 PM #2
what a thing (Banned)

being that your a noob and so am I, at filling nitro tanks or HPA I would not suggest filling your own. It can be quite dangerous if you do not properly fill your tank. And yes to your other questions.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:30 PM #3
SerpentSaint

sweet thanks... yeah im not plannin on filling until i learn how... from hangin out at pro shop to much or whatever

Team Undertow
www.TeamUndertow.com

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 09-04-2003, 06:39 AM #4
abc169

What we refer to as nitrogen or HPA is actually just compressed air, and since that's the same stuff divers generally breathe, a standard SCUBA tank can refill a paintball tank. You simply need to buy the adapter to connect the two tanks.

The problem is that most SCUBA tanks are only filled to 3000psi. This means that you will obviously not be able to completely fill a 4500psi paintball tank from it. Also, only your first fill will be the full 3k. Every time you fill your tank from the SCUBA, the pressure in the SCUBA will drop (of course) and each following fill will be a little less. Depending on how many people you fill from it, and how efficient theirs markers are, you may end up needing more than one tank.

However, as most dive shops charge around $4 or $5 for a fill of an 88cu ft tank, and I've seen paintball fields charge as much as $1 per 1000psi or more, this is (in my opinion) definitely a great way to save money.

You can also get an adapter that can fill your paintball tank directly off the dive shop compressor. Depending on how they have their system set up, that should allow you to get a 45k fill.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:57 AM #5
SerpentSaint

what about a tank thats 20 cubis feet? how much would that cost to fill?

Team Undertow
www.TeamUndertow.com

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 09-04-2003, 10:26 AM #6
T_M0$
Bad Boyz Toyz

its usually one flat rate per tank regardless of size. it doesent cost them money to use air, the thing that actually costs money is to compress the air.
Only Angels can be considered Machineguns. All other guns don't have the overall points to be considered a true Machinegun! Why? Because true Machineguns are hella reliable and fast. Angels were the first and will always be the best! "
Old 09-04-2003, 01:56 PM #7
stantheman
BALL-UH'

[quote]Originally posted by abc169
[b]What we refer to as nitrogen or HPA is actually just compressed air, and since that's the same stuff divers generally breathe............

im pretty sure divers breathe oxygen.....which is differnet from compressed air............but they can fill ur scuba tanks with just compressed air
Old 09-04-2003, 02:24 PM #8
wageslave
whitey will pay!

Divers still use compressed air, although they may use a mixture that contains more oxygen than atmospheric air. "Regular" air is about 21% oxygen, and a lot of divers, I think, are using mixtures that contain 32% or 36% oxygen, primarily for the purpose of replacing nitrogen, which cause decompression problems. But yeah, most recreational divers that don't go very deep use plain ol' compressed air.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:32 PM #9
SerpentSaint

so if i were to go in and get a scuba tank for a refill staion... just ask for nitrogen and then i have one? i mean i guess im still a lil sketchy

Team Undertow
www.TeamUndertow.com

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 09-04-2003, 03:04 PM #10
LeGeNDes
LEGEND

a scuba tank is just compressed air

HPA, Compressed Air, Nitrogen.... its basically all the same

air consists of 70 something percent nitrogen

100% nitrogen on the other hand is a bit more expensive and from what i've heard just a tad bit better than HPA
Old 09-04-2003, 03:43 PM #11
PBguy889

Quote:
Originally posted by what a thing
being that your a noob and so am I, at filling nitro tanks or HPA I would not suggest filling your own. It can be quite dangerous if you do not properly fill your tank. And yes to your other questions.
actually its not dangerous at all to fill a hpa tank from a scuba. if its a 3000 psi scuba tank then u cant over fill it so thats one problem down. i didnt know the first thing about filling tanks untill i read the directions and saw how simple it was. now its like common sense to me. trust me theres really nothing u can do to get yourself hurt.

Elwood Blues - "It"s 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and were wearing sunglasses."

Jake Blues - "Hit it"
Old 09-04-2003, 03:49 PM #12
SerpentSaint

ok well the **** we get from paintball fields and stuff is that 100% nitrogen or is it really just HPA

Team Undertow
www.TeamUndertow.com

My B/S/T Feedback
Old 09-04-2003, 03:50 PM #13
PBguy889

ask them. at my field its compressed air and some other are 100% nitrogen so it all depends

Elwood Blues - "It"s 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and were wearing sunglasses."

Jake Blues - "Hit it"
Old 09-07-2003, 01:16 PM #14
Lastkennedy
Banned

Ya, There is a difference between HPA and nitrogen, they are not the same