Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 AM #43
General JON@giantPB
General Manager

Hi Cali Rebel. You're absolutely right. Just recently...we've tried to cut down our time as much as possible by prepping our team's Generals before the players step foot on the field as well as cutting down the explanation portion so we don't have people waiting like your friends did. Good point.
General JON@giantPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 AM #44
CaLi ReBeL
Muy Chingon!!

CaLi ReBeL owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CaLi ReBeL is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by General JON@giantPB View Post
Hi Cali Rebel. You're absolutely right. Just recently...we've tried to cut down our time as much as possible by prepping our team's Generals before the players step foot on the field as well as cutting down the explanation portion so we don't have people waiting like your friends did. Good point.
Much better job on this, i was there this sunday the 24th, and the game prep was much better....
CaLi ReBeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM #45
General JON@giantPB
General Manager

Thanks Cali Rebel. We are going to try and cut down even more of the time by giving the customers a little sheet with the specific storyline for that day at the time of registration with as much info about the mini-scenario game as possible so when it's time to step on the field and begin....we can go right into the mission objectives instead of having to explain everything. Hopefully this works.

Make sure to introduce yourself to me next time you come around to HSP. I would definitely like to have you or any of your friends be "Generals" for one of the games!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 AM #46
CaLi ReBeL
Muy Chingon!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by General JON@giantPB View Post
Thanks Cali Rebel. We are going to try and cut down even more of the time by giving the customers a little sheet with the specific storyline for that day at the time of registration with as much info about the mini-scenario game as possible so when it's time to step on the field and begin....we can go right into the mission objectives instead of having to explain everything. Hopefully this works.

Make sure to introduce yourself to me next time you come around to HSP. I would definitely like to have you or any of your friends be "Generals" for one of the games!

Thats sounds great, but after the job Sonny and his other General did, man thats going to be a tough act to follow... I will be there on Feb. 7th to enjoy my free pass!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:56 PM #47
General JON@giantPB
General Manager

Sounds good! See you then!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM #48
djinnform

Annual Supporting Member
djinnform owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
i have a suggestion, this summer when it gets hot, Hollywood Sports should get one of those water mister things they have at Magic Mountain to keep the players cool
djinnform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM #49
Waxndatass

Waxndatass plays in the PSP
Waxndatass plays in the APPA D4 division
how is it during the week? im plannin on goin down this or next week
Waxndatass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM #50
CaLi ReBeL
Muy Chingon!!

i was there with my buddies to enjoy our free passes this past super bowl sunday.. the three team mini scenario game was actually pretty kool... only if i had known that i would be on the team that was defending Obama, i wouldnt have switched out my gun for my pump gun...either ways, we all had a good time...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:28 PM #51
Pineke

Hollywood Sucks bad on the arenas side! i would only go if i wanted to play scenario but i dont really do that much. they should really think about adding NEW TURF and Descent bunkers on their empty spaces for the airball players and they would see the drastic changes in admissions on that type of play. the only field they have is closed and only provide a simple hyperball field. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE AND MY WHOLE 5 MAN TEAM WOULD MOST LIKELY GO THERE INSTEAD ON JUNGLE ISLAND
Pineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:34 PM #52
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew

CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineke View Post
Hollywood Sucks bad on the arenas side! i would only go if i wanted to play scenario but i dont really do that much. they should really think about adding NEW TURF and Descent bunkers on their empty spaces for the airball players and they would see the drastic changes in admissions on that type of play. the only field they have is closed and only provide a simple hyperball field. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE AND MY WHOLE 5 MAN TEAM WOULD MOST LIKELY GO THERE INSTEAD ON JUNGLE ISLAND
So I'm guessing it's still the worn indoor/outdoor carpet on cement with the knee breaker iron weights as bunker hold downs?

We used to have Thursday night team practices there almost 2 years ago that they, HSP, canceled because they where going to refurb the field. Since we never got the call back saying it was done we moved to another field that cares about the players.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM #53
billayboy

Heyy i'm coming up to cali next weekend. N I wanna check this place out. How much is the compressed air cost? n paint? n can I bring my own? alright thanks a bunchz! : D
billayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:34 PM #54
itsmrbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
i have a suggestion, this summer when it gets hot, Hollywood Sports should get one of those water mister things they have at Magic Mountain to keep the players cool

Good idea at first thought.

PROBLEM: paintballs and water don't go well together. I have a speed feed on my hopper and any moisture would be problematic.

M2C
Old 03-04-2010, 01:08 PM #55
itsmrbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxndatass View Post
how is it during the week? im plannin on goin down this or next week
Weekdays schedule right now is: 4PM-10PM on Monday, Thursday, & Friday. Closed on Tuesday & Wednesday for Paintball. *Sidenote: might be open Wed. for Airsoft.

I have played on all nights, average crowd is mixed with regulars of various levels, occasional date night couple and 1st timers. Averages about 25+/- players for games. Good lighting for night play, refs will close of sections of fields depending on conditions for safety reasons. Pace is quick; 15 min games, occasionally back to back games, 5 mins rest/load/air in between games. As you might imagine players taper off as the night goes on so by last game only a handful of players are likely to still be playing. Which sometimes ends with 1 or 2 games of airball on the dirt field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billayboy View Post
Heyy i'm coming up to cali next weekend. N I wanna check this place out. How much is the compressed air cost? n paint? n can I bring my own? alright thanks a bunchz! : D
$10 All-day Co2
BYOP (except Friday), varies in price from $25/box to $60/box

Check Time2Paintball off South Street in Artesia, CA. They offer field paint for Hollywood Sports Park at a discount as well as tickets for CHEAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox01 View Post
So I'm guessing it's still the worn indoor/outdoor carpet on cement with the knee breaker iron weights as bunker hold downs?

Yes & Yes

ME
I play here almost exclusively as this field is 15 mins from home/work. I try to get to HSP 2x a week if not more. Mostly weekdays with the occasional weekend. Been playing here steadily for the last 3 mos. Only other experiences are at SC Village in Corona and another field in Castaic (don't remember name). This is also the sum total of my paintball experience so some might still call me a newbie because I haven't been in the game for many years.

Quick Note
The fields are fun, but rain can turn some of it into swamp land. If this bothers you, check the weather and/or call the park for field conditions. For a few days after rain it is still very wet and muddy. Also the wetter areas can smell really bad. Refs are always present and are very good for information and assistance, safety first here. BUT things can get very relaxed as the night (weeknights) goes on so it is up to you and your group to play legit (for fun). Most of this has been covered before in other threads all around the forums. A perfect field maybe not, but I have yet to have a bad time here.

Pricing
Price for playing here once a year, acceptable.
Price for playing here regularly, expensive (BUT)
Price for playing here regularly with an HSP membership, excellent. $35/mo gets you unlimited air and entrance. A bargain if you are like me and like to play a couple of times a week.

Conclusion
All-in-all: still my favorite because of convenience, employees, and players. Field choices and setups are good to very good. If you just want to have some fun and live with-in half an hour or so of this location, I couldn't recommend a better place to visit.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM #56
Spidey108

I've played my fair share at HSP, all in private groups and even been the Group Leader a couple of times. This place definitely has the potential but completely overlooks the simple fixes that would make this park what it could/should be. On my last visit, the top deck was a mess and we were the first there. There was crap (ref said cat, but i say Dr. Suess!!) on the floor in different areas and when I asked our ref why they didnt clean, he responded that its the night shifts job to pick up??? We did what we could to clean up and bear the stench but I dont think it should be paying customers who need to clean up before even starting the day. HSP could at least designate 2/3 people for broom/litter detail through out the day. The fields were also overgrown with weeds/plants more than usual, way too many bee hives and the speedball field is a joke. A fresh coat of paint here and there wouldnt hurt either, really, a case of paint sold there is just about the same as a bucket of grey primer! I wonder if HSP even does a walk through of the fields before the day starts to make sure its safe and playable? Over-priced paint is expected but at least sell paint that's usable (stored correctly). We tend to make the best of it but when you play at a place that maintains itself/appearance, its only going to make that experience better. I guess all I'm trying to say is that I would rather play at a paintball field instead of a city dump...... Oh, the HSP staff for the most part has been friendly, they just need to step it up a bit.

HSP is only 5-10 minutes from my home but stuff like this makes the decision to drive out further to other locations fairly easy.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant!!... Just my 2 cents.
Spidey108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:02 PM #57
Nicole@HSP

Nicole@HSP is attending Decay of Nations VI
Thank you for the advice. We have had our paint crew out all week re-painting our park. This is the first step to revamping our park.
Nicole@HSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM #58
Nicole@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey108 View Post
I've played my fair share at HSP, all in private groups and even been the Group Leader a couple of times. This place definitely has the potential but completely overlooks the simple fixes that would make this park what it could/should be. On my last visit, the top deck was a mess and we were the first there. There was crap (ref said cat, but i say Dr. Suess!!) on the floor in different areas and when I asked our ref why they didnt clean, he responded that its the night shifts job to pick up??? We did what we could to clean up and bear the stench but I dont think it should be paying customers who need to clean up before even starting the day. HSP could at least designate 2/3 people for broom/litter detail through out the day. The fields were also overgrown with weeds/plants more than usual, way too many bee hives and the speedball field is a joke. A fresh coat of paint here and there wouldnt hurt either, really, a case of paint sold there is just about the same as a bucket of grey primer! I wonder if HSP even does a walk through of the fields before the day starts to make sure its safe and playable? Over-priced paint is expected but at least sell paint that's usable (stored correctly). We tend to make the best of it but when you play at a place that maintains itself/appearance, its only going to make that experience better. I guess all I'm trying to say is that I would rather play at a paintball field instead of a city dump...... Oh, the HSP staff for the most part has been friendly, they just need to step it up a bit.

HSP is only 5-10 minutes from my home but stuff like this makes the decision to drive out further to other locations fairly easy.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant!!... Just my 2 cents.
Sorry it has taken this long to reply to this post. I agree about what you said. We have taken your advice and have someone to clean up. I hope you can come back to our park as our guest here is my email nicole.belanger@hollywoodsports.com go ahead and email me when you would like to come back to our park and we will give you discounted rates for your party. Sorry for the inconvience.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM #59
Nicole@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billayboy View Post
10$ for all day air. Paint is field paint only and it cost 34.99 for a case of 1600.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM #60
Ari@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrew44 View Post
Can someone please tell me why the walkon games only play 1 game instead of back to back?
We actually do back to back games but it all depends on field availability. If you check us out on during the week you'll most likely have back to back games.
Ari@HSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:32 PM #61
Nicole@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineke View Post
Hi Pineke, I'm Nicole from hollywood sports. I wanted to let you know that arena has been re-turfed. So get your boys and come on back. Send me an email and we can get you some discounts and maybe even a free pass to come check it out. Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM #62
Ari@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool_96 View Post
Because they usually have about 15 private groups going in and out on the weekends. That place is sssooooooooooo over priced and their annual passes cost 2x's more that a Disneyland annual pass. I like walk on play but it does take forever to finally get a game going.
Sorry about that,
You can usually come during the week its not as busy as the weekend monday thursday & fridays. And during the last 2 months we have doubled our staff so it will be faster for private groups to get in.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM #63
Ari@HSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer338 View Post
hey what the heck is up with the only "speedball" field its never open and when me and my team actually wanna practice there are about 20 different walk ons with rentals and we have to wait about an hour to play one bad game. why arent any of the other fields open? we are willing to help out with the set up the other fields if needed but we want to be able to practice at HSP and not have to go to another field.

thank you
Ian from Team TMO
Sorry about the incovenience,
Now theres 2 speedball fields one of them has been revamped. Come on down and practice out on our fields.