Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-03-2003, 01:37 AM #1
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

has been a member for 10 years
My(Redeemers) omen

Yeah i figured since the other thread was gettin a little long and i got my omen 3 days ago, so the title doesn't fit.

Ok so i went to paintball today, and heres the scoop, the omen shot flawlessy in my backyard and over the chrony(and the detinator is +-3 and hasn't even had a case put through) and shot fine when i was just screwin around on the field. But then i actually played and game, and out of no where the omen just starts missfiring, and much worse the bolt kept getting jammed half way, needless to say it chopped like mad.

I'm definetly not angry i still adore my omen, but obviously i would like to get it working.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2003, 01:45 AM #2
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

k this is how i do message boards i know some people won't read long posts, so if i have alot to say I break it into a couple posts i hope no one cares.

K so i need to know, what does the tiny flat head screw on top of the cam feed do, cause the field owner guy who thinks he knows more then he actually does(and knows nothing aout omens, he read my manual cover to cover for the first time today, then he wanted to charge another kid with an omen 25 bucks to look at his gun, assh***) anyway he said it was probably loose, and he tightened it in with his finger nail, I can't quite remember but i pretty sure this was right befor i went to play the game from hell. So let me guess that screw probably adjusts something right? Anyway let me no

on a side note, I will never get fed up with a marker, I went to paintball every week last winter like i always do, only to end up fixing something on my autococker everyday, but now its working and i'm sure i will have a flawless Omen eventually to.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:54 AM #3
snipers002
A1C

the tiny flathead screw keeps the cam feed in place.

feedback
feedback #2
ego fs(pics)
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 AM #4
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Oddly on mine, moving the screw would adjust how far the camfeed would move. My friend's omen doesn't work that way though... and frankly I don't think its supposed to adjust, instead its merely to hold it in place. I do think there should be some sort of camfeed adjustment though...
Old 09-03-2003, 11:22 AM #5
Shutter13
EVIL until the day i die

hmm. i had a problem with that also my bolt was getting stuck half way and the cam wasnt pushing hard enough to put the ball in place so every 20-30 shots i would have to cock it a little myself but i increased the recocok a little and that solved my problem but if you are chopping and that is doing that i dont know cuz if the cam isnt pushin hard enough then u have to increas ur recock but if you are chopping ur recocok is probaly too high..so it doesnt make sense..
Old 09-03-2003, 05:27 PM #6
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

hmmm try taking the screw back out a little and don't let that guy touch your gun.
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 09-03-2003, 05:52 PM #7
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

lol good advice, thnx guys. So basically the screw is not an adjuster screw but tends to adjust things anyway, well stranger things have happened i'm sure.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:23 PM #8
jnthn205
Banned

lol. i think the reason you were chopping was because the guy messed with that screw. He moved the cam feed some how and the cam feed was making you chop paint. Also when the bolt would not recock then just turn your recock pressure a littlebit up. Dont worry you wont chop paint if u do it just a little.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:19 PM #9
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

turning the recock up might still fix the problem, but its not that it wasn't recocking, the whole bolt rear block eassembly was jamming half way back, like the rear block stayed back kinda like when you hold a mechanical trigger on an autococker, the back block was stuck back, i think it might be realted to that problem the one guy said he has when the gun is cocked, and the red inner block kinda wobbles i think stuff is binding, so i'ma grease the BOLT ROD(not the bolt but the metal rod) and the cocking rod really really good with some lithium grease.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:54 PM #10
bandityo
Hi.

if you are good with a dremel and polishing pad, you could also buff out those rods to make them shiny and slick so that it rides on smoother metal than present.

David
Old 09-04-2003, 07:05 PM #11
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Your beavertail/innerblock may be crucked, you may need to replace the red Inner back block....Just a posibillity.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:31 PM #12
jnthn205
Banned

ya. just send it to evil, they will fix it free of charge
Old 09-04-2003, 11:35 PM #13
Redeemer
Lifes a gong show

I would rather not send it to evil, cause my parents will give me a huge lecture, and i have to worry about it getting broke in shipping and I have a tourney comin up i want to use it in, besides everyone has the wobbling inner block problem, u all said so in that other post, where the guy said his beaver tail was crooked.