PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 AM #1
gunangel
blah blah blah

rpm fml

i think this is a paintball FML worthy day.

i started playing with my rpm since it is my only other electric marker other than my mini and we have a tourney coming up. i fire it and it only shoots one ball and has a ridiculously long recharge rate. i'm trying to figure it out since the pressure isn't dropping but it loses velocity when i start walking. while testing i manage to shoot over my fence so i'm bound to get a complaint...

i figure out it's the battery, i switch that and start going to town and the marker starts chopping. so i decide i'll go back in redo the bolt and barrel. and while i'm at it i'll address the small almost inaudible leak. i go about addressing the leaks by carefully dipping parts of the marker in water (no i did not dip the trigger frame in) and i find i have 2-3 leaks. i address those and find out that now there is a louder leak. i take my marker apart and i can tell it's from the noid/valve. so i decide i'll swap out the hosing which i do when i realize the fitting is loose. i try to tighten it only to snap the fitting.

since i don't have any 3mm fittings, so i decide to go larger to a 10/32. i drill, tap, and install the larger fitting. while reassembling i lose the little spring so i spend an hour looking for that.

after i install everything the marker still leaks from the same spot. i used a ton of teflon tape and it still leaks. i decided that i screwed around enough and reassemble it. during the process i pinch the eye wire. now i'm thinking someone is out to get me...

i reassemble the marker, it's still leaking probably a few psi a second, i'm out 5 hours of my day and i just hate my self...

i didn't even get to the barrel and bolt...