Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 PM #1
paintballer045
Noob forum OT OG
 
paintballer045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good ole' Georgia
paintballer045 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer045 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer045 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
paintballer045 is Legendary
Doing more damage than good?

I'm trying to hit my biceps hard and heavy.
My workout varies daily except I always workout my biceps. Recently I've added a morning(before school)bicep workout, on top of my already in place afternoon workout.

Now my question is: Am I hurting my body by not allowing my muscles to rest, or am I doing the right thing?

I dont mind changing the workout to every other day if I'm, in the long run, hurting myself.

Thanks in advance for the help!
__________________
" I can do all things through him who gives me strength"

Philippians 4:13

My posts are a direct reflection of my opinion; however, they are typically joking in nature. My posts do not, literally or through implication, reflect any views or opinions of my department.
paintballer045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 PM #2
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick
 
WorldStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Your only hurting your image, by becoming a curl jockey early on. Biceps are cosmetic, if you want to do something often enough that it may eventually hurt you, at least make it something useful.
__________________
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM #3
Noob Cake
 
 
Noob Cake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UCSB, CA
uhh I think you are doing too much....your biceps need more rest. I work my biceps once a week, twice at the most
Noob Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM #4
moosecakes
GWC #33
 
moosecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, California
moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Quite trying to impress women with your biceps.
You fail at life.
__________________
2007 WRX Built gt35r
Old Feedback.82 Positive 0 Negative.

GWC
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:53 PM #5
paintballer045
Noob forum OT OG
 
paintballer045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good ole' Georgia
paintballer045 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer045 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer045 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
paintballer045 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Your only hurting your image, by becoming a curl jockey early on. Biceps are cosmetic, if you want to do something often enough that it may eventually hurt you, at least make it something useful.
Nahhh, its not early on.
I'm actually catching up by making my biceps bigger.
I used to hate working out my biceps so they started falling behind(size wise) everything else on my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Cake View Post
uhh I think you are doing too much....your biceps need more rest. I work my biceps once a week, twice at the most
Grrr thats what I was afraid of.
haha
My biceps have gotten a lot bigger and stronger...but I guess I'll take a break.


Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecakes View Post
Quite trying to impress women with your biceps.
You fail at life.
Was that really necessary?
I asked a serious question and you had to make a total fool out of yourself.
Instead of assuming the "norm", actaully take the time to consider all the options.
/life lesson
__________________
" I can do all things through him who gives me strength"

Philippians 4:13

My posts are a direct reflection of my opinion; however, they are typically joking in nature. My posts do not, literally or through implication, reflect any views or opinions of my department.

Last edited by paintballer045 : 04-14-2009 at 12:56 PM.
paintballer045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM #6
moosecakes
GWC #33
 
moosecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, California
moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Than what is your reasoning behind working your biceps 14 times a week and the rest of your body 3-4 times?
__________________
2007 WRX Built gt35r
Old Feedback.82 Positive 0 Negative.

GWC
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM #7
paintballer045
Noob forum OT OG
 
paintballer045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good ole' Georgia
paintballer045 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer045 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer045 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
paintballer045 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecakes View Post
Than what is your reasoning behind working your biceps 14 times a week and the rest of your body 3-4 times?
To catch my biceps up to the rest of my body.
I justified it in the quote right above yours.

I hated working out my biceps and used to refuse to.
Until I realized how stupid I was.
Now I'm having to play catch up.
__________________
" I can do all things through him who gives me strength"

Philippians 4:13

My posts are a direct reflection of my opinion; however, they are typically joking in nature. My posts do not, literally or through implication, reflect any views or opinions of my department.
paintballer045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM #8
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe
 
Nyx3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Haven, CT
 has been a member for 10 years
Keep it to 1 day a week, after you do other important stuff. More =/= better.
__________________
StFitness: lol

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:17 PM #9
xtoughguyx714
tuffer then u
 
xtoughguyx714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer045 View Post
To catch my biceps up to the rest of my body.
I justified it in the quote right above yours.

I hated working out my biceps and used to refuse to.
Until I realized how stupid I was.
Now I'm having to play catch up.
14 times a week though


once or twice is good!
__________________
My MYSPACE
xtoughguyx714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM #10
Nikilwig
Double Up
 
Nikilwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Proper frequency of lifts/movement that yield the greatest gain + proper frequency of rest is the best. Meaning yes it is important to work all your muscles, but your focus should be on what ever lifts produce the most results and hit the largest/most muscle effectively.

A good example/analogy I have heard is if 10% of your work produces 90% of your profit/gain/capital/or in this case mass/strength. The numbers might be different, but the lesson to be learned is adjust your time accordingly to what is most beneficial to your physique. However, isolation and less effective exercises all help balance your overall fitness and keep everything in line.
__________________
New England Avalanche

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 PM #11
stingi17
Stay Ruthless.
 
stingi17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 8.6.ohhhh.
Annual Supporting Member
stingi17 plays in the PSP
stingi17 supports our troops
stingi17 is an NCPA player
stingi17 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
stingi17 plays in the APPA D4 division
stingi17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
Proper frequency of lifts/movement that yield the greatest gain + proper frequency of rest is the best. Meaning yes it is important to work all your muscles, but your focus should be on what ever lifts produce the most results and hit the largest/most muscle effectively.

A good example/analogy I have heard is if 10% of your work produces 90% of your profit/gain/capital/or in this case mass/strength. The numbers might be different, but the lesson to be learned is adjust your time accordingly to what is most beneficial to your physique. However, isolation and less effective exercises all help balance your overall fitness and keep everything in line.
for lack of effort to top this, he's right. The main point is to really not overexert your biceps because that will lead to huge problems
__________________
UConn Huskies
Shipyard
stingi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM #12
x RENEGADE x (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philly
x RENEGADE x helped look for balloons
x RENEGADE x is playing at Living Legends III
x RENEGADE x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x RENEGADE x supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingi17 View Post
for lack of effort to top this, he's right. The main point is to really not overexert your biceps because that will lead to huge problems
Are you ****ing serious?
x RENEGADE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM #13
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon
 
Jlausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Huge problems because women will be hanging off of them all the time amirite
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 PM #14
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
This thread is full of fail.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 PM #15
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick
 
WorldStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingi17 View Post
for lack of effort to top this, he's right. The main point is to really not overexert your biceps because that will lead to huge problems
Did you really just bump a thread that was a year and 3 months old?
__________________
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 PM #16
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Holy **** I didn't even see the dates on all the posts.




Even more fail.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 PM #17
brassmonkey267
 
 
brassmonkey267's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingi17 View Post
for lack of effort to top this, he's right. The main point is to really not overexert your biceps because that will lead to huge problems
yea, like gettin TOO many mad hot *****es



lol, didn't realize this thread was so old either. why are people even lurking so far in the past, and then decide to bump it :/
brassmonkey267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:45 PM #18
inuyasharox4776
Its fun to do bad things.
 
inuyasharox4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 661, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer045 View Post
I'm trying to hit my biceps hard and heavy.
My workout varies daily except I always workout my biceps. Recently I've added a morning(before school)bicep workout, on top of my already in place afternoon workout.

Now my question is: Am I hurting my body by not allowing my muscles to rest, or am I doing the right thing?

I dont mind changing the workout to every other day if I'm, in the long run, hurting myself.

Thanks in advance for the help!
If you have to ask, it's probably not a good idea to continue doing what your doing.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 PM #19
BoneBreak
 
 
BoneBreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami
this thread...lmao.
__________________
My mother said to me,
if you are a soldier, you will become a general
if you are a monk, you will become the pope
instead
i was a painter, and became picasso
BoneBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 AM #20
steffon
BURR!
 
steffon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In & Out of Jail
steffon is a Supporting Member
I wonder how big this ****er's biceps are now. 14 times a week for 52 weeks=

728 reasons *****es cant get enough of his ripped biceps
__________________
~Ian~
I haven't gone anywhere ST
XBL:GrandTh3ftAuto

"Originally posted by contractkiller20: Pooped on a placemat, flipped it upside down, rode it down a slide and ran away."
"Originally posted by incobWTF: can't wear skinny shorts cuz mah nuts don fit."
steffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump