Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 AM #1
Zach933

Co2 Use in RPM

I have read a lot of threads on this forum about the rpm using co2, but I have a few questions. I bought a new style RPM off of ebay for $100 with a 47ci/3000psi tank and a Evo 2 hopper. The gun has a CP reg off of the VA with a macroline running to the stock main reg on a drop forward. I was wondering if I were to use co2 (HPA is a far trip to get, around a 1 1/2 hour round trip) with the gun, could I use a standard tank without anti-siphon, or should I get the anti-siphon put on my tanks? Also, with the stock reg plus the cp reg, could I use a remote line with the setup instead of getting anti-siphon? I would rather use a remote line than anti-siphon, seeing as I have one, but if I must use anti-siphon how much would it cost to get it installed on my tanks?
Thanks,
Zach
Zach933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2009, 01:03 PM #2
QcXf

If you are going to run CO2 on it at all I would suggest you get an antisiphon or use your remote. DO NOT USE BOTH! Using a remote and an antisiphon will actually make a siphon if your tank is vertical and it will suck liquid. I am not sure on CP regs CO2 tolerances but if you switched to a reg that could handle CO2 (I dont know if the CP can but I am not saying it cant) I think you could actually just use a normal asa.

Edit: Also you can buy antisiphon kits online I am too lazy to look it up for you but you would also have to get it installed by your paintball store or an airsmith.
QcXf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM #3
Zach933

I know not to use both at the same time. I found some anti-siphon kits for around $5 a peice so I might see how much it would cost to get them installed. I wanted to know that if I get my gun tomorrow like I should, would it be ok for me to use straight co2 to do some test fires, maybe a hopper or two? I know not to go fast on it, and I won't be able to get the HPA tanked filled for a few weeks or get the anti-siphon stuff.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 PM #4
Zach933

^Anyone? It will be here for sure tomororow and I only have straight co2. Will it hurt it just using it once?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 PM #5
QcXf

Run it with a remote i think you will be fine. I think the stock reg somehow uses the tank pin somehow but you have a second reg so you should be fine.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM #6
benb1
Anti Smart Parts

benb1 donated to help Peyton Trent
benb1 helped look for balloons
benb1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I have ran mine with a remote on CO2, it performed just fine. However, I was running a torpedo reg on mine, which handles CO2 well from my experiences. It did get a bit frosty on the outside after a bit of heavy shooting, but nothing gave and the gun still works.
benb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:25 AM #7
Bosgarage57

If you use a remote you should be ok. I have an evil det on mine and use co2 and I've never had a prob except for inconsistency. I don't even run a hose just use on my drop. I kno I live on the wild side!
WGP Trillogy Comp, Trilly Comp SF, Synergy
Syndicate Misfit, Piranha R6
Bushmaster/Defiant gen 3, BKO
Zeus G2-Bottomline, hopper adapter, stock.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:39 PM #8
Zach933

Well, my remote line is missing, so I tried just straight co2. The gun was leaking out of the feedneck and the barrel, but it shoots great. the main reg and macro line frosted over, but I don't think I hurt anything. Do you guys think it would be cheaper and simpler for me to just try and find my line and use it instead of getting anti-siohon tubes?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 PM #9
QcXf

Well of course it is going to be cheaper and easier to run a remote. The only problem I wouldnt like is that there is nothing to rest on my shoulder and accuracy is decreased due to user.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:02 PM #10
Bosgarage57

If you find your remote it should be a problem. You know all the disadvantages of c02 right? Just making sure you do before everyone tells you co2 is the devil and blah blah blah. Ive ran it in my rpm for about a year n a half and have had no problem. I would prob get that leak figured out though. is your psi set correct?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:06 PM #11
Zach933

Yeah, I know the do's and don'ts of co2. I'm not aure about the psi. I think I had it running at around 275psi, but I'm not sure. What should it be ran at?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM #12
Bosgarage57

225-300 so you should be good. Need to see why your leaking, is it a hugh leak?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:27 PM #13
Zach933

well, it only happens after I shot fast (not too fast for the co2) and it stops after a minute if I slow down. I'm not sure what it is.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 PM #14
Bosgarage57

So if you just shoot like 1 ball the wait a sec n shoot again it doesnt leak? hmmm maybe the cupseal, not to sure on that one. Might need to get someone elses expertese (sp) on that matter.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM #15
Zach933

Well, when I screw the tank in, you can hear air coming out of the feedneck area. Also, it sounds like it might be leaking out of the macro line adapter near the main reg. If I shoot real slow, the gun usually stops leaking, but if I go fast, then it will start leaking again. Also, if I got a remote, would I be better off with the stock main reg/asa or change it to a different one? Thanks a lot Bosgarage57, you're helping me out a lot.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM #16
paintballer0032

paintballer0032 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
they sell screw in stocks that go into the asa. they are air through stocks and you would be able to use your remote and have the stock resting on your shoulder.
TIPPMANN OF THE MONTH JANUARY WINNER
White Widow mmmmm
paintballer0032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM #17
QcXf

You really dont need 2 regs on your gun. One will do just fine. so its really up ot you to switch out the asa one or not. The cp one is better than your stock one but your stock one can handle co2 better i think.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 AM #18
Zach933

I think I'm gonna replace the stock reg with this one
http://www.ansgear.com/Warrior_Paint...rasab1blue.htm
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 AM #19
QcXf

That would work. I also suggest that if you are using co2 you should buy an oring kit from Oringmonkey co2 doesnt like orings... well orings dont like co2 more like.

Last edited by QcXf : 04-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:13 PM #20
Zach933

Ok. Would the RPM use the Wrath kit, because I can't find one on their website for the RPM. Thanks QcXf.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 PM #21
Zach933

Well, i found out my CP reg is actually just a gas-through grip. I'm going to get an Evil Det reg for $15, an Empire on/off asa for $12, and a steel braid airline for $10. Hopefully i will be able to use co2 better, and posibly stop the leak. I'm also going to be using a remote line.