Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-29-2014, 10:58 AM #1
kingofpoon

need green raptor help

OK since this is my firstpost I should introduce myself I started playing paintball back in 9th grade when I stumbled across a spider at work on clearance for 20 new . After I bought the extra I was addicted so I got 2 pump blades and two view loaders and me and my brothers would play until after high school when I sold the guns because I need gas money

well its been more then a few years and I happened to get paintball fever again since I was modifying a paintball tank for a aquarium plant.

So I went to all the pawn shops in town and happened to walk into one that was closing for good. On the wall sat a Tipp Mann 98 custom act with a older flailing barrell (thelonger one) and a green raptor

I got both for 10 dollars each . I got them went straight to dick s and filled my c0o2 when I gassed up the Tipp man everything works fine except Iit needs a new detent

as for the raptor it shot con down the barrell so the search began I found the help guide my mel. And got the valve taken care of then it started leaking out the little weep hole. Thanks to mel. Again in a separate post I was able to decide it was the oring on the front plug do went ahead and replaced every oring besides the valve body wasn't sure of size. Anyway finally got it shooting semi auto and realized the link pin was nothing but a head the rest was missing so my question

is are there any member s here still active with raptor parts or know where I can get a new link pin I tired cutting a screw and ssticking it in there but it only shots single shot like that

I'm not opposed to making one but I'm gonna need dimensions because eyeballing it doesn'twork

Thanks for reading my story

my gun
green raptor with aaluminum vAsa and expansion chamber 12th dye barrell. For 10 dollars I remind u
kingofpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2014, 03:09 PM #2
kingofpoon

Come on I know there's still someone here
Old 06-01-2014, 06:13 AM #3
kingofpoon

What happened to the raptor guru
Old 06-01-2014, 06:37 AM #4
sloblo
Yellow Fever

has been a member for 10 years
I have a nice pile of raptor parts lying around. Pm me and we can see if I've got what you need
Slate Blue Angel g7 Fly, Lasoya Timmy, and DUST RED DM5 f/s/t
"everyone knows mario isnt average... thats why they call him super mario... get your facts straight Moron."
-Ih8u
sloblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 AM #5
kingofpoon

Tried but says u r not excepting emails
Old 06-01-2014, 11:40 AM #6
kingofpoon

If u wouldn't mind could u pm me
Old 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM #7
melkson
Raptor Guru

Link pins are hard to find, as the first generation raptors (like the green ones) used a very thin link pin. It is recommended that you try to find one of the internal upgrade kits that sets you up with 2nd gen internals. The link pin is thicker, and the hole in the hammer is larger also. I'm not sure these are readily available anymore. I don't have a complete internals available myself.

I have seem several raptors over the years that the owner had used a piece of bar stock, and just ground it down until it fit.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:47 PM #8
kingofpoon

I did make make a pin out of a 5/32 Alan but for some reason when I remove the pin it operates fine being detached from the hammer shoot perfect but if I install the pin and shoot I get one shot then no re cooking any ideas
Old 06-01-2014, 03:49 PM #9
kingofpoon

I've been working on this thing for months and just can'tfigure Iit out i can now take it completely apart cleaned then reinstall in under 2 minutes
Old 06-01-2014, 10:16 PM #10
kingofpoon

What all controls recocking
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 PM #11
melkson
Raptor Guru

ok, first thing, clean it. Take ALL the parts off, and run the body and barrel through a dishwasher, or HOT water and degreaser. Friction isn't your friend. Oil it up with air tool oil, and try shooting it with the bolt removed. I'm guessing you have the wrong size bolt o-rings.

Recocking is controlled by the small off-center hole in the valve. It should be inserted so the hole in in the 12'oclock position. I've heard of people having them at the 6'oclock and the valve retaining screw blocking some of the air flow.

You can't really over oil a Raptor, just be sure the barrel is cleaned after you oil it and fire it a few times, as the extra oil exits there.

Any other issues, email me. I check that several times a day.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM #12
kingofpoon

Email sent
Old 06-02-2014, 10:26 PM #13
kingofpoon

Some things I've tried replacing o rings removing hammer orings made a second fatter pin same issue

Still not re cocking
Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 AM #14
kingofpoon

Problem fixed new pin was protruding past the lower hammer face shoots like a dream now