PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM #1
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

Simplify the tuning guide...

In all honesty unless you really know how things work on and with the Mini, the guide can be, at first, kind of confusing in my eyes. I've figured out how to tune for best efficiency and I've even simplified/summarized it for a few...
Quote:
Basically:
1. Chrono your Mini to 280fps or your field's limit
2. Lower your dwell two or four blips at a time until your fps starts to lower. So check with the chronograph every time you lower it the 2 or 4.
3. Once you notice a drop in fps, raise it either a half ms or a full ms.

I say 2 or 4 so that you can stay within either 1 ms or .5 ms everytime you mess with where it's set. Makes it easy to keep track. Know what I mean? Remember that 4 blips of the light equals 1 ms. So 2 is .5 ms. Stock ms is 7. I had mine at 5, many go lower. Now I just have it back at its default setting.
^^^That's not what I need help with though. What I'd like is for someone to do the same thing, but with the process of being gentler on paint. It really isn't detailed enough for me to understand without asking questions. If it is easier I can just ask questions to help with an explanation. My questions and comments to help with simplification are in blue...

Quote:
to be gentle on paint.
1 turn your dwell as high as it goes on your board. Have you already adjusted your psi to 190-200 here?
2 turn your backcap 3 turns out You start with the cap all the way in.
3 lower psi until you either Lower it from the 190-200?
A stop cycling fully(feed 2 at a time to tell) 1st ball will not load.
B get blowback (feed 2 at a time to tell) How much? If the ball jumps up and out onto the ground?
C drop your fps below your field limit
4 if A happens, raise your psi until you do cycle fully. if B happens raise your psi until you stop the blowback. if C happens turn your psi back up until you are at your field limit
6 after all that, you should have a gun on very low pressure, but still has kick??? thats because it has about 4x the dwell it needs. lower your dwell one ms at a time till you see a drop in fps.
Looking for any confirmation or suggestions or comments you guys are willing to throw out there. Sorry if you think this is really easy to do, because I don't, and I'm not as mechanically/electronically inclined as you. Thanks!
Ty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM #2
xboxboy666
732 LIFE TILL DEATH

xboxboy666 donated to help Peyton Trent
xboxboy666 helped look for balloons
xboxboy666 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xboxboy666 is for the Gunfight
for the blowback it depends on how it falls to the ground an inch or two is all you should have any more than that and you will probally need the new poppit

Originally Posted by THEBETTERONE:
I wanted to choke him out right there on the floor, then pee on him.

Originally Posted By Pballin:
lololol you sir, are win
xboxboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM #3
MiniMan21
You Want My Balls

For 1 my guess would be yes psi is at 190, 2 you can probably start with backcap out 3 turns or turn it out after you set your dwell and psi, 3 yes, A umm I dont get what you mean by "1st ball will not load," B My mini pops a ball high enough just to fall out of the feedneck and I havent had problems... Hope I helped =)
MiniMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM #4
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

I only meant that if your bolt does not cycle then the ball that would normally be loaded into the breach won't fall into the firing position.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 PM #5
FBHS RAINMAN
Σπ Sigma Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty29 View Post
I only meant that if your bolt does not cycle then the ball that would normally be loaded into the breach won't fall into the firing position.
that means that you aren't cycling fully. continue to the next step after that.
FBHS RAINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM #6
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBHS RAINMAN View Post
that means that you aren't cycling fully. continue to the next step after that.
Yeah I got that, I was just explaining what I meant in blue.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 PM #7
andrewseveraid
CSUF

andrewseveraid supports DLX Technology
someone make a simpler guide!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 AM #8
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

I'd love to re-make the stock board (black writing) one for efficiency and see if anyone has a problem with it. For the less inclined people . I don't expect a sticky or anything, but I'll put a link in my sig I guess. I don't know, what does anyone think?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 AM #9
lit-up
hows my balls taste?

lit-up donated to help Peyton Trent
please do I am a virgin to minis and would love for it to be simplified
lit-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM #10
fidel_m

fidel_m donated to help Peyton Trent
fidel_m owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty29 View Post
I'd love to re-make the stock board (black writing) one for efficiency and see if anyone has a problem with it. For the less inclined people . I don't expect a sticky or anything, but I'll put a link in my sig I guess. I don't know, what does anyone think?
I wouldn't mind. Call me a total noob but I had a tough time tuning my mini the first time I tried it. I'm fine with it now but it could surely be better, chrono's +/- 9ish.
fidel_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 AM #11
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

I dont have a mini any more but did back a while ago. I remember try to get it consistent and struggling with it for a while. Keep at it. Also realize that it might not be the marker that is inconsistent. Make sure you are using good paint and have a good paint to bore match. Without that youll never get very consistent fps readings over the chrono, even if your marker is set up perfectly.

Angel A1 magno valved f/s/t

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
bait607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:44 PM #12
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by lit-up View Post
please do I am a virgin to minis and would love for it to be simplified
I'll see if I can clean it up a bit when I get some free time this weekend. Unfortunately I can only do it for the stock board.

Invert Mini tuning guide for dummies, coming soon!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM #13
FBHS RAINMAN
Σπ Sigma Pi

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you need to learn what all the terms for your mini are. A simpler tuning guide would be great, but later, you will probably need to know all those things that you are trying to simplify. If you ever have a problem with your mini, and you come here to try and fix it. All of us who do help generally tell you the technical term be cause it is much easier than writing a paragraph describing what we are saying. If you want a simpler tuning guide that is no problem, but I still recommend that you learn everything about the mini so that way if you ever do get a problem that you can't fix, then you can understand what I, or any other person who frequently give help in this forum say.
FBHS RAINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:33 PM #14
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

I do know what everything the guide talks about is. It's the flow and over simplistic layout that confuses me. I knew how to change modes and completely strip down my Mini before it arrived in my hands. I didn't want to mess with my marker(s) if I don't know what I'm doing. This is why I'd like to make it easier for everyone else that feels the same way. I've been constantly working on fixing the current one I have for a month straight, problem after problem. I am totally agreeing with your statement, but I do know exactly what's going on with my Mini. I've read enough threads and asked enough questions on here and other forums that there isn't much left that I need to know. Sure I'm not experienced with it, but all the info is in my head.

So I agree, but I'm not writing this up because I don't know the technical terms, nor will I leave important things out of a refined tuning guide.