Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM #1
di$TOrTed

mini regulator questions

I am thinking about purchasing a mini but i have a few questions. I like to fix my own gear, and it just annoys me that it seems I won't be able to take the regulator apart if i ever needed to. I know i shouldn't ever need to, but if a problem does arise, is it pretty much confirmed that I will have to mail away the reg/mini to get it fixed or is there a way i can do it myself?

are reg problems common/rare/non-existant?

just curious. thanks.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM #2
FBHS RAINMAN
Σπ Sigma Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by di$TOrTed View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a mini but i have a few questions. I like to fix my own gear, and it just annoys me that it seems I won't be able to take the regulator apart if i ever needed to. I know i shouldn't ever need to, but if a problem does arise, is it pretty much confirmed that I will have to mail away the reg/mini to get it fixed or is there a way i can do it myself?

are reg problems common/rare/non-existant?

just curious. thanks.
You will have to send it off to get it fixed, but I can count on one hand how many times I have heard of a regulator messing up on a mini.
FBHS RAINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:30 PM #3
TapsDiesel

well im not gonna advised you to take it off but i always give my gun a full breakdown thus including removing the reg & knock on wood i never had a problem
TapsDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM #4
FBHS RAINMAN
Σπ Sigma Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapsDiesel View Post
well im not gonna advised you to take it off but i always give my gun a full breakdown thus including removing the reg & knock on wood i never had a problem
You can't open up the reg without a special tool.
FBHS RAINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM #5
di$TOrTed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapsDiesel View Post
Yeah i'm not talking about just removing the reg. I mean being able to take it apart should i ever have a problem with it. I just prefer to fix things myself instead of relying on someone else to do it
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM #6
CDW188
DirtNapSwag.com

CDW188 plays in the PSP
CDW188 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CDW188 supports Team VICIOUS
I have had a guy take mine apart before and when I reassembled it it automatically blew the gauge, and didn't work
8 Roc-City Assassins '10
8 NYC Motion '09
CDW188 is offline   Reply With Quote