Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM #64
flatrack01
Arsenal Preds

has been a member for 10 years
flatrack01 plays in the USPL
flatrack01 plays in the APPA D3 division
I can tell you that even if our player started shooting again because he was getting over shot, he DEFIANTLY did not shoot a ref on purpose. I agree that either way he should not have started shooting back at the other team for bonus balling, but I can tell you he was not trying to purposely shoot a ref.

OACC
feedback
Old 04-06-2009, 03:53 PM #65
phlemoe
livin'STRONG

phlemoe is a founding member
phlemoe supports DLX Technology
flatrack you the man for owning up and letting EVERY1 know what happened. I think its kinda funny because people are still going on about nothing. When the vid come to surface then we will all know. Again you guys are straight up ballers

Badass Secondary Honorary, Super-Duper, Awesome, Superman Ain't Got **** On Them, (you get the point) Council:
1.phlemoe- BADASS With one Lung
2. Chuck Norris
Old 04-06-2009, 04:01 PM #66
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXWDP02LCDXxX View Post
It was my team, arsenal predators. It happened and it was kind of ridiculous. Our snake corner apparently got shot on one of his pods after bumping over and he pulled the one that got shot to fill his loader with. Ref from dorito side saw it and and ran across to pull the 3 for 1 and during the confusion we got more penalties from asking the refs what happened and then one of our guys got overshot and started shooting back and luckily plugged a ref in the face a couple times, hence leading to more penalties.

To whoever said we should be banned, the way we reacted really wasn't bad at all. Everything happened so fast and it's not like we started fights. Yeah, one guy shot back, but it's because they (la endurance) were mowing us down as we were walking off.

I don't know if there's a video but there were cameras all over the field so maybe soon, I'd like to see for myself haha.

By the way, we won the event so thanks for a ****ed up 2nd game because it only made us want it more.
Nice, you got to light up a ref and still go on to win the event. Win/Win
-edit- In case any of you actually need to see it, ""
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM #67
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Nice, you got to light up a ref and still go on to win the event. Win/Win
-edit- In case any of you actually need to see it, ""
Read the thread. Nobody "lit up" a ref...

I think Refs need to inform players when they are pulling them for penalties. It would solve a lot of confusion. Think about it, you're sitting in your bunker, you know you're not hit, and a ref comes and pulls you out. No matter what the situation is your first reaction is that you're not hit so you're not out. Now if a ref were to come to you and say the words "You're out on a penalty" you immediately understand the situation and walk off. Now place yourself in the finals at a National tournament. Your emotional commitment to winning is ten fold.

Overshooting happens, you know when it's malicious. Who doesn't want to turn and pop the guy that did it a few times? It doesn't justify doing it, but I understand.

Fair or not, they lost the game and turned around win again to take the tournament. Seems like it's all good. If the problem had been as big as some of you think it was, suspensions would have been handed out and they surely would have lost the rest of their games.

As far as cheating goes: There's a gray area in nearly all sports, it's not going to hold this sport back.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM #68
flatrack01
Arsenal Preds

Thanks guys for those of you who can put yourself in that situation with the emotions rolling high.

As for the cheating, like I said earlier, I did not intend to wipe a hit on a pod that I did not know about by pulling out an empty pod and getting rid of it. Had the ref told me I was hit on a pod I would have gladly left the field. Instead I threw a pod that opened on a slide and happened to have a hit on it also. So that became wiping. I was not really aware that you could wipe an UN-obvious hit that I had no clue was there since it was on my pack.

But like I said earlier, I know reffing is not an easy job and I am not holding a grudge with that ref. I am just glad we came back and won the third game giving us the tournament.

OACC
feedback
Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 PM #69
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance posts videos on PbNation
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
If someone takes a pod from there pack and throws it with a hit on it, That could definatly be taken by a ref as wiping. Thats actually not a bad call. The ref has to decide if he thought he saw the pod, and we he saw him take a hit pod, he obviously thought he saw it. I have no problem with that call, and it sounds like the team isnt even that irked about it, other then the kid who keep shooting after being out. Id say this is pretty much /thread
Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM #70
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd have to agree with you except for the fact that i wouldn't pull a 3-4-1
Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 PM #71
brandoo (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXWDP02LCDXxX View Post
It was my team, arsenal predators. It happened and it was kind of ridiculous. Our snake corner apparently got shot on one of his pods after bumping over and he pulled the one that got shot to fill his loader with. Ref from dorito side saw it and and ran across to pull the 3 for 1 and during the confusion we got more penalties from asking the refs what happened and then one of our guys got overshot and started shooting back and luckily plugged a ref in the face a couple times, hence leading to more penalties.

To whoever said we should be banned, the way we reacted really wasn't bad at all. Everything happened so fast and it's not like we started fights. Yeah, one guy shot back, but it's because they (la endurance) were mowing us down as we were walking off.

I don't know if there's a video but there were cameras all over the field so maybe soon, I'd like to see for myself haha.

By the way, we won the event so thanks for a ****ed up 2nd game because it only made us want it more.

Endurance are a bunch of ******s anyway.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 PM #72
jarre1na
[RESPEK]

And for the 95673564875465498756498th time...

Video?

GETTING OUT GEARBAG SALE
Old 04-06-2009, 06:01 PM #73
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrack01 View Post
Thanks guys for those of you who can put yourself in that situation with the emotions rolling high.

As for the cheating, like I said earlier, I did not intend to wipe a hit on a pod that I did not know about by pulling out an empty pod and getting rid of it. Had the ref told me I was hit on a pod I would have gladly left the field. Instead I threw a pod that opened on a slide and happened to have a hit on it also. So that became wiping. I was not really aware that you could wipe an UN-obvious hit that I had no clue was there since it was on my pack.

But like I said earlier, I know reffing is not an easy job and I am not holding a grudge with that ref. I am just glad we came back and won the third game giving us the tournament.
I didn't even see it. I was right on that corner, and I didn't see any hits on you. But the ref from the opposite side saw it, so it must have been hidden from the stands view.

The player that was pulled I believe was pulled from the right side dorito. As he was pulled he did take some shots as he was arguing with the ref. Whether or not he meant to shoot the ref he did. Majority of the people in the stands thought so as well.

Quit asking for a video. If one pops up you will know. Until then, obviously no one has it.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 PM #74
jarre1na
[RESPEK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre1na View Post
And for the 95673564875465498756498th time...

Video?

sorry, I forgot a dodgy...

GETTING OUT GEARBAG SALE
Old 04-06-2009, 06:18 PM #75
tikipball
Mob Fam/Square1 Soldiers

Annual Supporting Member
tikipball plays in the USPL
tikipball plays in the PSP
tikipball plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNowNz View Post
So players in other PROFESSIONAL sports don't cheat? What about usage of steroids? or modification of certain equipment?? Is that not cheating? and there are PLENTY of *******s on teams, all you have to do is watch a sports channel and see.

You should probably think before you post, because you just make yourself look like a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrothug434 View Post
so ur saying the dont cheat in baseball-steroids and corked bats... football-steroids and steroids can go for many other sports too cheating has been around for years in all sports so dont say cheating it happens all the time with everything its just like a competitive edge and if you get caught you lose but if you get away with it you are better off

and also kids these days are who are funding this sport by working just to play paintball dont get me wrong so do older people but often when you get older you either play less or get serious and get sponsored which saves you money but cost the company becuase you cant tell me companies sponsoring small local teams are really getting that much out of the deal

edit: just noticed the guy above me noted the same thing
You need to compare apples to apples. If a pro baseball player uses steroids, then you can compare that to a paintball player using steroids. Wiping is like holding, clipping and other infraction, hence the penalty. If you touch an official, in this case shoot one, then punishment is more severe just like all other sports. Dont try to compare wiping to steroid use because it makes you sound like a moron. ITS NOT THE SAME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU2936 View Post
Guy cheated, got caught, and penalized. Same thing happens in football, basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. It's called penalties.
yup yup
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM #76
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~

Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
hahahhaa i saw it exactly...since i was sitting on that side...that was pretty sad...but funny...

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM #77
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrack01 View Post
I can tell you that even if our player started shooting again because he was getting over shot, he DEFIANTLY did not shoot a ref on purpose. I agree that either way he should not have started shooting back at the other team for bonus balling, but I can tell you he was not trying to purposely shoot a ref.
was it my fellow black friend?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:36 PM #78
flatrack01
Arsenal Preds

Yes Pat. lol

OACC
feedback
Old 04-06-2009, 06:53 PM #79
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bahahahaha
Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM #80
gsimp
Take back our Country

Thanks for all for the positive and negative views on this situation. The end result was we lost the game because of what happened on the field. The ref was doing what he thought was right bottom line. Whether we think it was right or wrong does not matter. It's easy to sit on the internet an make accustions but until your in that situation you will never know the emotion that takes over. End result is we came back for the third game after that and pushed in their S and won the event. I have the check and trophy in my hands to prove it.

It was enough that that crap went down on the field but to hear the little S-heads in the tents laughing and the team celebrating a win they didn't actually do anything to get was enough to motivate us to stuff it down their throats in the last game...........and we did. Even in the game we lost we had 2 kills in the first 30 seconds and the all hell broke loose so we were on our way to beating them in two games.

Taking nothing away from the team we beat because they are a good team, we just were on a mission to win.

Lastly, I will add that the reffing all event long was the best I have seen in years, congrats to USPL for this and putting on a great event on the beach.

Enough said on this thread................close it.
OACC at CHESAPEAKE CITY, MARYLAND
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM #81
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
Read the thread. Nobody "lit up" a ref...

I think Refs need to inform players when they are pulling them for penalties. It would solve a lot of confusion. Think about it, you're sitting in your bunker, you know you're not hit, and a ref comes and pulls you out. No matter what the situation is your first reaction is that you're not hit so you're not out. Now if a ref were to come to you and say the words "You're out on a penalty" you immediately understand the situation and walk off. Now place yourself in the finals at a National tournament. Your emotional commitment to winning is ten fold.

Overshooting happens, you know when it's malicious. Who doesn't want to turn and pop the guy that did it a few times? It doesn't justify doing it, but I understand.

Fair or not, they lost the game and turned around win again to take the tournament. Seems like it's all good. If the problem had been as big as some of you think it was, suspensions would have been handed out and they surely would have lost the rest of their games.

As far as cheating goes: There's a gray area in nearly all sports, it's not going to hold this sport back.
I guess you don't understand what a dodgy means...
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM #82
BC Predz
digiwave

Annual Supporting Member
BC Predz is a Supporting Member
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the reffing was pretty sweet. I was impressed.

Phil sucks

/thread
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM #83
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I guess you don't understand what a dodgy means...
Actually it's you who doesn't understand what a dodgy means. It is most commonly used to express sarcasm, thus implying that a dodgy was necessary with your original statement would mean that you didn't truly believe what you were saying. Hence the quotation and subsequent suggestion to read the thread.

Learn the dodgy and use it properly.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM #84
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Short Pants View Post
Actually it's you who doesn't understand what a dodgy means. It is most commonly used to express sarcasm, thus implying that a dodgy was necessary with your original statement would mean that you didn't truly believe what you were saying. Hence the quotation and subsequent suggestion to read the thread.

Learn the dodgy and use it properly.
I love when e-Lit majors are wrong about things, then attempt to B.S. their way out of it while still trying to sound smart.