Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 AM #43
MCK2k8MFr
 
 
MCK2k8MFr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaTear_Griffin View Post
Look at all the cheating that is in "professional" sports. As long as someone is willing there will always be a way.
Mind over matter! refs afraid to get in the mix and make a crucial call is what allows some asshat to cheat, tolerance to said act doesn't make it right?
__________________
Obama4yomama 08
IMAGE 4 Life
Chris Cole F'ing Squid Fan #1
MCK2k8MFr is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 AM #44
MCK2k8MFr
 
 
MCK2k8MFr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNowNz View Post
So players in other PROFESSIONAL sports don't cheat? What about usage of steroids? or modification of certain equipment?? Is that not cheating? and there are PLENTY of *******s on teams, all you have to do is watch a sports channel and see.

You should probably think before you post, because you just make yourself look like a fool.
So it's ok to cheat because others do it? your logic astounds me! I think you're the one who needs to think things out before posting on my internet!


PS
So if you saw Michael Jordan jump off a highrise building, you'd do the same? applying your logic here *******, so answer honestly!
__________________
Obama4yomama 08
IMAGE 4 Life
Chris Cole F'ing Squid Fan #1
MCK2k8MFr is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM #45
R3L
CCM is not a verb
 
R3L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNowNz View Post
So players in other PROFESSIONAL sports don't cheat? What about usage of steroids? or modification of certain equipment?? Is that not cheating? and there are PLENTY of *******s on teams, all you have to do is watch a sports channel and see.

You should probably think before you post, because you just make yourself look like a fool.
Really, you're holding up illegal steroid use in professional sports as the model of behavior paintball should strive for? That's great!

And show me a professional sport where intentionally striking a ref won't get you suspended, fined and blackballed. Please.
__________________
Buy this sweet pump


R3L is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 AM #46
ericEEE325
Still kicking
 
ericEEE325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: So Cal
ericEEE325 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol...talking about wiping, second final game Dynasty did the same at the center snake. Did anyone see that?
__________________
Nation Feedback
ericEEE325 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 AM #47
MCK2k8MFr
 
 
MCK2k8MFr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU2936 View Post
Guy cheated, got caught, and penalized. Same thing happens in football, basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. It's called penalties.
If it was found that the punk *** little turd shot the ref intentionally, he needs to be banned from the league and if the team got involved after the fact the team needs to be banned as well! zero tolerance nets pretty good results.
__________________
Obama4yomama 08
IMAGE 4 Life
Chris Cole F'ing Squid Fan #1
MCK2k8MFr is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM #48
freddy v.
 
 
freddy v.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
So it's ok to cheat because others do it? your logic astounds me! I think you're the one who needs to think things out before posting on my internet!


PS
So if you saw Michael Jordan jump off a highrise building, you'd do the same? applying your logic here *******, so answer honestly!
He didn't say it was okay to cheat.
You said that paintball would never be considered a true professional sport because of all the cheating and whatnot. But what AzNowNz was getting at is that there is a lot of cheating and stupidity in other sports which would be considered "professional" such as baseball and basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L View Post
Really, you're holding up illegal steroid use in professional sports as the model of behavior paintball should strive for? That's great!

And show me a professional sport where intentionally striking a ref won't get you suspended, fined and blackballed. Please.
I really don't see how you got that from AzNowNz's post. In what way did he imply that the illegal steroid use in professional sports should be the model of behavior paintball should strive for? What he did in the post you quoted was name a few examples of how players in other sports which are considered professional cheat whether it be by the use of steroids, modification of equipment, etc. And to that last part, yes a player should be suspended and all that but if you were to have been reading the thread before you posted you would have seen that the player did not intentionally strike the ref. Although I am in no way defending the player's behavior of shooting back for being overshot as he was walking off, I'm only saying it wasn't intentional.
__________________
►►Air Warriors Paintball Park◄◄
►►Black/Red G6R F/S◄◄
freddy v. is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 PM #49
raehl
NCPA President
 
raehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
I think he was saying Paintball will never be regarded as a professional sport as long as the participants think something like shooting at the officials is funny.

Yes, people in all sports push the rules. Basketball is all about playing at the right level of aggression so that you're effective but don't give up too many free throws or foul out. And if you can do something that the official misses, well....

But there is a difference between pushing the rules of game play and flouting the spirit of competition. Grab a guy the wrong way in football, you'll get a penalty. Illegal equipment or steroids etc will get you massively fined or suspended. Hell, even profanity will get you fines in many Pro sports leagues.


In any serious professional sports league, an act of disrespect for the officials is dealt with SEVERELY. The equivalent of shooting an official in the face would earn a significant suspension for that player. I hope USPL identifies the player who thought that behavior was appropriate and tosses them from the league for at least the season. We need to get people to understand that that sort of behavior is just plain not acceptable. And until we consistently enforce a high standard of respect for the officials, we will not be able to market ourselves as a professional sport. Professional sports require professional behavior.

- Chris
__________________
Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM #50
JMR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: minnesota
JMR is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
JMR donated to help Peyton Trent
JMR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
I think he was saying Paintball will never be regarded as a professional sport as long as the participants think something like shooting at the officials is funny.

Yes, people in all sports push the rules. Basketball is all about playing at the right level of aggression so that you're effective but don't give up too many free throws or foul out. And if you can do something that the official misses, well....

But there is a difference between pushing the rules of game play and flouting the spirit of competition. Grab a guy the wrong way in football, you'll get a penalty. Illegal equipment or steroids etc will get you massively fined or suspended. Hell, even profanity will get you fines in many Pro sports leagues.


In any serious professional sports league, an act of disrespect for the officials is dealt with SEVERELY. The equivalent of shooting an official in the face would earn a significant suspension for that player. I hope USPL identifies the player who thought that behavior was appropriate and tosses them from the league for at least the season. We need to get people to understand that that sort of behavior is just plain not acceptable. And until we consistently enforce a high standard of respect for the officials, we will not be able to market ourselves as a professional sport. Professional sports require professional behavior.

- Chris
exactly!
JMR is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:44 PM #51
Foley42
Foley
 
Foley42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lubbock, Tx
Foley42 plays in the PSP
Foley42 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Foley42 plays in the APPA beginner division
Foley42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
I think he was saying Paintball will never be regarded as a professional sport as long as the participants think something like shooting at the officials is funny.

Yes, people in all sports push the rules. Basketball is all about playing at the right level of aggression so that you're effective but don't give up too many free throws or foul out. And if you can do something that the official misses, well....

But there is a difference between pushing the rules of game play and flouting the spirit of competition. Grab a guy the wrong way in football, you'll get a penalty. Illegal equipment or steroids etc will get you massively fined or suspended. Hell, even profanity will get you fines in many Pro sports leagues.


In any serious professional sports league, an act of disrespect for the officials is dealt with SEVERELY. The equivalent of shooting an official in the face would earn a significant suspension for that player. I hope USPL identifies the player who thought that behavior was appropriate and tosses them from the league for at least the season. We need to get people to understand that that sort of behavior is just plain not acceptable. And until we consistently enforce a high standard of respect for the officials, we will not be able to market ourselves as a professional sport. Professional sports require professional behavior.

- Chris


Loved every single word of what he wrote....he is right....weither or not it was accidentally shooting the ref.....you still shot a ref....man up and take your punishment...but I think an entire season is a little much...but then again.....I didnt really see it so I cant tell you how bad it looked lol
__________________
***Team Bullet Proof D4 Chicago***
Texas
Foley42 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM #52
XxXWDP02LCDXxX
rrrrrribbit
 
XxXWDP02LCDXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Davidsonville
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
So its alright to shoot back after your dead? Got ya....

You wouldnt happen to think that since nobody knew that they shout out all 7 players of yours that maybe they didnt realize you were walking off. You were right there on that side and didn't know what was going on, so how would they know?
No, because it was obvious he was dead haha. They were just running down the field shooting everyone. Tempers flare sometimes, stop trying to be Mr. Justice and just mellow out. I'm obviously not bitter, but that's probably because we won

To add to what others have been talking about, the player that was shooting after he was pulled happened to hit a ref, it wasn't intentional, but if anyone saw the game refs were literally running ALL OVER THE PLACE on our side, so if he was shooting somewhere, a ref probably ran through his lane. I mean, he even shot me, but that's because I stood up in front of him.
__________________
Arsenal Predators 5eva
we were the best; and we ****ing knew it.

Last edited by XxXWDP02LCDXxX : 04-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:14 PM #53
flatrack01
Arsenal Preds
 
flatrack01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
flatrack01 plays in the USPL
flatrack01 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ok so since there is so much speculation as to what happened, I will clear it up since I was the snake corner player that apparently "wiped".

I burned from the back center delaying to the snake corner. When I slid into the corner I slid on my right side which caused two pods on that side of my pack to open. As soon as I was in the bunker the corner ref was on me checking me all over. While he was checking I was attempting to reload my hopper. The first pod that I pulled was from the right side and one of the ones that opened, so I threw it. The next pod was from the same side and was the second one that opened, so I threw that one also. The third pod that I grabbed was full, as I was about to load the ref that was on me from the beginning called me clean. I loaded my hopper and the next thing I knew I was blindsided by another ref who began pulling people left and right.

Once the game was over what was explained to us is that I was shot in a pod on the run out. Apparently I was shot in one of the pods that had opened on the slide so when I pulled them and realized they were empty and threw them, that was "wiping".

Refs are going to make calls the way they see them. There is nothing we can do about it. I can tell you that I did not intentionally wipe a hit and besides that call I can say that this event in general was some of the best reffing I have seen in a while.
__________________
ArsenalPredators
# 413

OACC
feedback
flatrack01 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM #54
TeamXodus
RU$$IAN A$$A$$IN
 
TeamXodus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: *818*
 has been a member for 10 years
He was being told to get out and they had to grab him from his bunker and as they grabbed him he continued to shoot down field. So they pulled another one, then the same guy got mad at that and began shooting again down field.
__________________
--------------RUSSIAN-------------
EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE
http://www.PROPaintball.com
Stoned Assassins
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3253653 SPLAT KIDS INFINITY LEGEND PACKAGE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post53626995 Grillz For Sale
TeamXodus is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM #55
JMR
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: minnesota
JMR is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
JMR donated to help Peyton Trent
JMR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrack01 View Post
Ok so since there is so much speculation as to what happened, I will clear it up since I was the snake corner player that apparently "wiped".

I burned from the back center delaying to the snake corner. When I slid into the corner I slid on my right side which caused two pods on that side of my pack to open. As soon as I was in the bunker the corner ref was on me checking me all over. While he was checking I was attempting to reload my hopper. The first pod that I pulled was from the right side and one of the ones that opened, so I threw it. The next pod was from the same side and was the second one that opened, so I threw that one also. The third pod that I grabbed was full, as I was about to load the ref that was on me from the beginning called me clean. I loaded my hopper and the next thing I knew I was blindsided by another ref who began pulling people left and right.

Once the game was over what was explained to us is that I was shot in a pod on the run out. Apparently I was shot in one of the pods that had opened on the slide so when I pulled them and realized they were empty and threw them, that was "wiping".

Refs are going to make calls the way they see them. There is nothing we can do about it. I can tell you that I did not intentionally wipe a hit and besides that call I can say that this event in general was some of the best reffing I have seen in a while.
straight from the horses mouth, knuff said.... end of discussion. i believe there about 100,000 posts about ethics and cheating in the paintball talk forum.. haha
JMR is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 PM #56
nerdykev
 
 
nerdykev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vail, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
Yeah, cheating like a ****stick, and then adding insult to injury by unsportsmanlike conduct, thats pretty funny! the team should be banned from that league if those little turds are going to pull that crap! you kids make me laugh, thats why this sport will never be a true "professional" sport, a) because of imbecilic little kids that think it's funny to cheat and act like a total ******* b) teams are chock full of these same kids.

grow up!
I disagree. What some of the players did was completely immature and uncalled for but to that say paintball will never be a true professional sport is just wrong. Pro players in football, basketball, and any other sport for that matter get in to fights all the time. (Personal favorite is when Shaq punched the guy who threw beer on him) Not all professional paintball players are whining little kids like some of the players on that team.
__________________
Looking to buy:

Dangerous Power F8 Fusion.

Ion body kits. Preferably Lucky Stage 5 but offer up. Blue and Black preferred.
nerdykev is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM #57
XxXWDP02LCDXxX
rrrrrribbit
 
XxXWDP02LCDXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Davidsonville
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Call us whatever you want, but I'd say whining little kids isn't what I would call us. We've explained what happened already now, and I'd say we had a right to wonder what had just happened to us at the time of the penalty. I'd hardly call it whining.
__________________
Arsenal Predators 5eva
we were the best; and we ****ing knew it.
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 PM #58
peterisdaman
Shoot•Kill•Win
 
peterisdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Florida
I want to see a video of this.
__________________
PaLm Clothing
peterisdaman is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM #59
flatrack01
Arsenal Preds
 
flatrack01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
flatrack01 plays in the USPL
flatrack01 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterisdaman View Post
I want to see a video of this.
Yeah me too. lol
__________________
ArsenalPredators
# 413

OACC
feedback
flatrack01 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:00 PM #60
anthonylane1212
 
 
anthonylane1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nor Car
anthonylane1212 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
it doesnt matter, they won 1st place and thats all that matter. And MCK2K8 you just dunno what your talking about, seriously.
__________________
Piratepaintballfield.com


Mitchell & Ness Joe Montana Jersey!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post68765271
anthonylane1212 is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 PM #61
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.
 
LockDown Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bro-H-I-Bro U.
LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
Mind over matter! refs afraid to get in the mix and make a crucial call is what allows some asshat to cheat, tolerance to said act doesn't make it right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
So it's ok to cheat because others do it? your logic astounds me! I think you're the one who needs to think things out before posting on my internet!


PS
So if you saw Michael Jordan jump off a highrise building, you'd do the same? applying your logic here *******, so answer honestly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
If it was found that the punk *** little turd shot the ref intentionally, he needs to be banned from the league and if the team got involved after the fact the team needs to be banned as well! zero tolerance nets pretty good results.
GTFO. You're probably some scrub. They won, so obviously they're more than "punkass little turds".
__________________
HK
Ohio University Bobcats.
NCPA All Stars.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM #62
XxXWDP02LCDXxX
rrrrrribbit
 
XxXWDP02LCDXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Davidsonville
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Thanks everyone but the last thing we want to do is start some big gay internet argument over it. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it may be flawed.

If anyone finds a video, PLEASE post it up here. I'd really like to see what happened.
__________________
Arsenal Predators 5eva
we were the best; and we ****ing knew it.
XxXWDP02LCDXxX is offline  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM #63
FatalKitty
I has the awesome
 
FatalKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sharpie
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
I would too like to see the vid, I watched the game live but even watching on PURPOSE stuff moved and happened so fast it was hard to tell what was happening, I can hardy imagine being a player in that situation, with 7 guns coming down on top of you while refs are running around like crazy pulling people for penalties tha you had no idea happened. Until a video shoing otherwise surfaces, I willtake XxXWDP02LCDXxX's word that the player who shot the ref did so by accident.
__________________
FatalKitty is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump