Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM #1
k-80

Wink TippMann a-5 Sniper?? ALSO SIDE ARM

I have a camo A-5 colasible stock and a remote coil and a homebrewed single feathear trigger. But it still shoot like a normal gun. I was wondering if i should get a scope, laser, barrel, any thing else. Also I need a side arm so any CHEAP ideas....
k-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM #2
lukster14
"CupCake"

scopes are pointless, lasers are dangerous and pointless. barrel is a good investment, and a cheap sidearm would be a wrist rocket.
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:21 PM #3
dfynt1

has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like a nice marker. As far as sights goe, the only one that is worth a hoot would be a low profile open red dot sight. Set it up for 30-40 yards though. Only time you might use it is from a hide. You'll forget it's there for snap shooting or shooting on the run.
I'd recomend a side arm simply because it's good for a backup and for clearing rooms or close quarters where swinging around a full size marker just isn't going to be quick enough. I just got my Tippmann TPX and I'd recomend it to anyone. Cost's about $220 but it's well worth it. Very accurate and feels good in your hand.
dfynt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 PM #4
treyvinPB

looks like this right i have the same one
Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 AM #5
1192b

there pretty good guns
1192b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:55 AM #6
Shenkyei Rambo
you don't know me.

for the sniper mods, unless you're going for a scenario-look then just buy a good barrel, high quality paintballs, maybe a stock a remote line and a remote coil. snipers in paintball generally use quiet markers and upgrades as to reduce the risk of being spotted. i tend to have the opposite but thats just me.
scopes aren't as useful as you might think, but if you can get very good accuracy at maybe 100 feet or so then maybe 2x or 3x magnification may not be bad. although scopes in paintball are more used in large scenario games to scout farther away from the player to get a tactical advantage and spot people before they are spotted. i use a red dot sight and it works for me. aiming farther away can be a bit of a pain though because the dot will get in the way of the target (though you generally compensate for distance my aiming higher than the target). unless you are going to do some serious longrange(for paintball range) sniping, then save your money and get a cheaper red dot sight.

remember: a scope is a sight, but a sight is NOT a scope! a sight usually has a red/green dot for target aquisition with only 1x magnification(or no magnification) and a scope will always have more than 1x magnification and usually has a crosshair of some sort sometimes with a dot in the middle but that depends on the kind of scope.

laser sights are banned from field use depending on the field because all lasers have the potential to blind people and people generally get pissed off at people who try to point it in peoples faces to distract people by making them move constantly and unwantedly to avoid getting literally blinded forever! so i would recommend forgetting about them completely. although if you want you can buy one to practice and get REALLY good at shooting from the hip... but i wouldnt do that myself.

for the sidearm, tippmann came out with a new pistol and should be cheaper than the tiberius pistol, but im not sure about that pricing comparison. this is not an accurate reccomendation for either pistol but with reading reviews and watching gun tests on youtube have led me to reccomend both pistols, but the tippmann TPX over the tiberius pistol. good experiences with the 98C and some experience(though not much) with the A-5 have made me think good thoughts about tippmann products in general and hopefully that reliability and performance has been handed down to the TPX. the tiberius pistol shares a 12gram CO2 cylinder and 8 paintballs in one magazine, unlike the TPX, which has a 12gram in a separate place on the front of the gun instead of in the mag itself. the tiberius pistol is quite expensive so the TPX is the better go for the budget 'baller.

if you are ever wondering what to buy for any gun, no matter what it is... then it will likely be at http://www.pbreview.com

i read reviews here before i buy almost anything.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(").. COPY BUNNY INTO SIG AND HELP HIM ACHIEVE WORLD DOMINATION!!!
Shenkyei Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM #7
jl2296
james

forget the scope get a apex barrel kit or a hammerhead barrel. laser sights give away your position and are poinless in day time. as for a side arm probally the tippman tpx and you could put a apex or a hammerhead on that too. or you could invest and a=get a bt tm7 put a apex barrel on that and use that as your sniper rifle/ your side arm since its nice and compact
jl2296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM #8
rfhline74

as far as the cheap side arm warsensor makes good stuff. i have a g1+ and i had to fix a flaw out of the box but it works fine now. it only cost about a hundred too
rfhline74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 AM #9
sensored
Brandon Nof

sensored owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sensored owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Go for the tippmann tpx works good a bit hard to rebuild but it is the best "side arm" I have used
Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM #10
Wrathus

I like the TPX a lot too. It has always been dependable for me.
Wrathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:36 PM #11
HatchetmanDan

So bummed that we aren't allowed pistols in Australia, I would LOVE a TPX for a backup!
HatchetmanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 PM #12
143rd SOG (Det. A)
"SEMPRE INTENDO INGUEN! "

Scopes and lasers are useless unless your just wanting to make your gun look more authentic. Spend your money on a good barrel and an HPA tank. As far as pistols go I recommend a Tiberius TAC 8 or 8.1 (easily the best paintball pistol I've ever owned).

Thank You To Our Sponsors:
http://watchyourbackproductions.com
http://norsemantire.com/
Check Out The Great Gear And Deals From Our Friends at:
http://oregonpaintball.com
143rd SOG (Det. A) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:58 AM #13
eklevanosky14 (Banned)
eklevanosky16

eklevanosky14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
for the cheap side arm think a tippman tpw or go to rap4.com
eklevanosky14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 AM #14
DasWolfenstein

Ugh this thread is 2 years old why must it be brought back to the living?
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 AM #15
JESTERTLS

You have to shoot them in the head to kill them. Or they just pop back to life later on.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:38 PM #16
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
You have to shoot them in the head to kill them. Or they just pop back to life later on.
Is scalping optional for this?
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 AM #17
JESTERTLS

Not sure. Possible considering the depth of some of these threads.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM #18
pharaohman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklevanosky14 View Post
for the cheap side arm think a tippman tpw or go to rap4.com
The Tippmann TPX is great, I also recommend it. I got mine at firstpersonpaintball.com, same price as RAP but way better customer service!
pharaohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 PM #19
SKO_GONZO
S.K.O.

SKO_GONZO owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SKO_GONZO has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SKO_GONZO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What type of air are you firing? Co2 or H.P.A. If you are still shooting Co2 that should be your first upgrade.

Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical
SKO_GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote