Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM #190
bunkerking1231

I finally finished reading this thread. . . lol. Now the question I have is this:

OK. . . I have heard talk of the Spyder Pilot w/eyes being low pressure.
I'm pretty sure it is not, and am interested in the idea of going low pressure with it, unless it is already low pressure.

Is it or not?

About what pressure does it run at? 300psi? 500psi? 900psi?

I own an 08', just in case that makes a difference.

Please & Thanks
-Landon

P.S. - I didn't realize this thread was available until after I asked this question in my own thread. Didn't mean to double post.

Last edited by bunkerking1231 : 10-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.
bunkerking1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM #191
Lawpass

Lawpass has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The stock pilot doesn't have a reg, so its operating at the tank output pressure, which is usually around 800psi (varies slightly depending on the tank).
Lawpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 AM #192
bunkerking1231

Ok great.

Thanks for your help.

Now if I get a regulator, does that mean I'm going to have to replace all my internals for it to work correctly? I want to bring my Pilot down to like 400-500psi, nothing too low. I just want a little more consistency and for it to be a little quieter.

Thanks for the input please.
-Landon
bunkerking1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:32 AM #193
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking1231 View Post
Ok great.

Thanks for your help.

Now if I get a regulator, does that mean I'm going to have to replace all my internals for it to work correctly? I want to bring my Pilot down to like 400-500psi, nothing too low. I just want a little more consistency and for it to be a little quieter.

Thanks for the input please.
-Landon

To answer your question; NO.

The pilot and electra internals are the same. The valve spring would be my only concern but having played with an LP pilot in stock configuration it wasn't something that required swapping out.

WHAT YOU NEED:

You will need a couple items to convert to a lower pressure. A regulator, Hosing/fitting, Chronographer. If your using CO2, A stabilizer is your best bet as they are built to handle CO2, other regulators will work, but do their design and o-rings used, they tend to blow out under less than ideal conditions. You can either use steal braided hoses or macro lines. When working with regulators I opt for macro lines. You have to take it apart for maintenance every so often and it has been easier for me to work with, also macro lines come in colors.

ASSEMBLY: very basic

Once you have those items you can assemble. Remove the foregrip and unscrew the steal line from the ASA on that is attached to the grip. Attach your new line fittings to your regulator and ASA. Screw in your Reg and if using macroline insert into fittings.

Pretune:

Your reg may or may not have a gauge port for you to use a gauge. This is only a visual indicator for you to see changes. The best use i've seen is to compare which parts run better.
You should expect Operational Pressure between 300-450psi. This is only a reference marker and has little impact on how you tune your marker.
Decide what you are going to use as a gas, Compresser air or CO2. You should re-adjust if you change air sources.

Tune:

Set your reg all the way open- every reg is different usually an adjustment screw.

Air your marker up. Full take preferable if you've never tuned to ensure you are not out of air.

Lower the pressure-

1: full turn, then dry fire to level the pressure off. Do this till you can audibly hear your nearing the lower limit of your ranger. You will most likely burp the gun. If this happens turn it up a FULL turn and it will stop. The idea is just to get in range don't get crazy.

2: Put the hopper on and grab your chronograph. Here is the key part in tuning your marker. Get 3 readings; 312, 290, 291. Check your average and turn down by 1/4 turns and less. Depending on your variance you will tune to 280 FEET PER SECOND. CO2 usually runs wider than compressed, but if you see your variance start to look like this; 284, 279, 280 your probably set to go.

END RESULTS?

so you have a gauge on your reg and what does it look like? 350psi, not bad. You can now tell all your friends your spyder shoots 280fps @ 350psi and be proud of that.

Note: It may drift on a new regulator as springs take time to set, but its not bad. Weather also may affect you too. If your go to a field that checks you use the "velocity adjuster" on the back plate of your marker to adjust for the day to day crap.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 AM #194
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=:devil:

Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 PM #195
Speedfreak11

Speedfreak11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Speedfreak11 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or start a new thread, but here it is. I need to get a set of eyes for my 09 Electra, as the wires got pinched when it was reassembled. I have looked around, and all the eye harnesses that say they are specific for the "Electra 09" are not available. Ansgear has a set that says it's for "Kingman Spyder MR2/VS2/VS3/Electra/Pilot Eye Wire Harness", but I know there were some differences between the older and newer Electra's. Anybody know if the eye harnesses are the same?
Speedfreak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 PM #196
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
"Kingman Spyder MR2/VS2/VS3/Electra08 and newer/Pilot Eye Wire Harness"

this one, i'm not sure what eyes the 06 electra use, but all the newer stuff is basically the same.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM #197
Speedfreak11

Speedfreak11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Speedfreak11 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ferret, is that what it should say on the ansgear description? They only carry 2 part numbers. One says what I posted before, and the other says "Kingman Spyder Replacement Eyes".
Speedfreak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 PM #198
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak11 View Post
Ferret, is that what it should say on the ansgear description? They only carry 2 part numbers. One says what I posted before, and the other says "Kingman Spyder Replacement Eyes".
Kingmany Spyder replacement eyes are for the Fenix as far as I am aware with taking to Kingman. The ones on ANS.

-Wolf
I have done my time in hell"

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Wolfrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 AM #199
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
did more research. WRH008 is the electra/pilot/fenix eye part number. WRH006 is the VS/MR part number. The difference claims it to be "longer" how much i don't know. You would have to find out from ANS which one is which. They both will plug in but if you come up short you know which one you got.

Last edited by ferret15 : 05-25-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 AM #200
SilentBall55

Hello Ferret15,

Could you expand this thread to include the Fenix 2012 since it it now the sucessor to the Pilot and Electra.

Is the 2012 Fenix any different that those with the exception of a missing on/off asa?

Is the feedneck thread that mystery one or is it Ion still?
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM #201
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase now if anyone has a question about the 08 and newer series markers ask it here. I or some of my friends here on the nation can help you out. We have answers to different modifications and upgrades for the vs series. And also if your haveing problems with your vs series marker ask it here as well I will do the best that i can to help you all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Could you expand this thread to include the Fenix 2012 since it it now the sucessor to the Pilot and Electra.

If a mod is reading this and would like to change title to "08-12" Pilot, Fenix & Electra Q&A" we would appreciate the help.

Is the 2012 Fenix any different that those with the exception of a missing on/off asa?

Is the feedneck thread that mystery one or is it Ion still?
08 series used the ion threads after that they switched to kingman proprietary threads. To date I know of no know manufactures to provide the spyder community with an alternative. This strikes me as odd since there are now around 4 years worth of sales from feednecks and triggers they could be making a little extra on. The plus side is that 09 and newer feednecks are proper clamping necks where as the 08 either came with a straight tube neck or a twist lock and bother are terrible options.

The fenix is a closer successor to the pilot. composite grip, 1 piece barrel, non polished anno. lack of on/off asa. Nothing is a deal breaker, but the electra was very nice all around and i'm disappointed to see it totally cut from the line. Otherwise dimensions should be the same, and correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they throw the EKO valve in? This would be the only improvement of sorts to the line up.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM #202
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
08 series used the ion threads after that they switched to kingman proprietary threads. To date I know of no know manufactures to provide the spyder community with an alternative. This strikes me as odd since there are now around 4 years worth of sales from feednecks and triggers they could be making a little extra on. The plus side is that 09 and newer feednecks are proper clamping necks where as the 08 either came with a straight tube neck or a twist lock and bother are terrible options.

The fenix is a closer successor to the pilot. composite grip, 1 piece barrel, non polished anno. lack of on/off asa. Nothing is a deal breaker, but the electra was very nice all around and i'm disappointed to see it totally cut from the line. Otherwise dimensions should be the same, and correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they throw the EKO valve in? This would be the only improvement of sorts to the line up.
I am assuming from the pics, that the trigger have remained the same on the 08 till now for the Pilot, Electra and Fenix.

Proprietary feedneck threads are fine as long as aftermarket companies make them. The Fenix could use a no rise feedneck.

The Fenix does have a EKO valve according to the specs and the retail box graphics. The Fenix does have nicer milling especially the area on each side of the bolt. The Electra kinda looks like waves or wings.

As for the ASA, there lots of choices out there along with barrels.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 PM #203
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
They have had since 09 to push out a aftermarket feedneck and i've yet to hear of anyone do it, maybe contact CCM if your really interested.

Also EKO valve from a MRX posted in the other thread. This little touch really has me curious as to what kind pressure the fenix can run. The thing that kingman really did with the 08's was shorten the starting distance of the striker and give you a high flow valve stem (the SE synergy thing). This decreased the need of air to recock and made it an Easy LP rig. The valve looks like they fine tuned it some more and theoretically it flows better to the bolt and possibly has a more direct path to the striker. If these guns aren't running @300-350 tuned to 280FPS i'd be surprised.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 PM #204
SilentBall55

I guess the question is, if CCM or others feedneck makers made a lever clamping for the Fenix, will owners even buy it?

Maybe that is why no one makes aftermarket stuff for Spyders anymore because people are not buying them or not interested in any upgrades because Spyders not needing upgrades at all.

I have also notice that barrel makers are only support Cocker threads, and sometimes A5, Tippmann 98 but not Spyder.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-26-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 AM #205
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
I guess the question is, if CCM or others feedneck makers made a lever clamping for the Fenix, will owners even buy it?

Maybe that is why no one makes aftermarket stuff for Spyders anymore because people are not buying them or not interested in any upgrades because Spyders not needing upgrades at all.

I have also notice that barrel makers are only support Cocker threads, and sometimes A5, Tippmann 98 but not Spyder.

Your thoughts?
There are tons of barrels for Spyders still, and Kingman is still top of the game when it comes to volume of markers.
And since the Fenix came up here there are 3 etailers that just can't keep it in stock, its rather funny.

-Wolf

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 AM #206
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrum View Post
There are tons of barrels for Spyders still, and Kingman is still top of the game when it comes to volume of markers.
And since the Fenix came up here there are 3 etailers that just can't keep it in stock, its rather funny.

-Wolf
Is there a current list of upgrades for the pilot, electra and fenix?

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-27-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:57 AM #207
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Nothing really on a 'list'. At least not one I am aware of.
But on my order from ANS gear , almost all the major barrel makers had barrels with spyder threading.

Beyond that no one really makes bolts/necks etc for the new ones.
There are upgraded boards for the e-markers though.

-Wolf

Old 05-27-2012, 12:03 PM #208
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
-ALL spyder barrels, best bang for you bust still and always J&J. kits are nice depending on your needs not always needed.

-All Regulators will work (standard ASA Male Threads)

-Variations of bottom lines.

-Bolt, currently 1 bolt tech t makes. A little pricey.

-Board, VS Tadao, + M7 chip.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM #209
SilentBall55

Thank you Ferret
Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 PM #210
acmeman

acmeman is playing at Living Legends VII
acmeman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acmeman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The wires for the Electra and pilot are a little longer then the vs series maybe an inch at the most. I used the Electra eyes on a rt I modified worked great.