Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 AM #1
badstang123
 
 
badstang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Annual Supporting Member
badstang123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
First time going to this event. Should I go Thursday and Sunday or just Sunday?

I've never been to a large paintball event like this. So I don't really know what to expect at Huntington Beach. I was thinking of going Thursday just for the trade show but if I'm going to be there Sunday anyway am I really missing anything by not going Thursday? Does stock on equipment for sale dwindle towards the end or do they bring tons to last the whole weekend. You event veterans tell me! Thanks.
- Justin -
__________________
06 Maniac Ego
09 Ninja Ego

Last edited by badstang123 : 04-01-2009 at 01:16 AM.
badstang123 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 AM #2
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~
 
Dustinkwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 50 snake
Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
it starts friday bro...i'd suggest going all 3 days cuz it's gonna be cracking all day long...=D

but i mean ya...it's gonna be awesome!!!!
__________________
LNIB PROPHECY with QUICKFEED FOR SALE ONLY (CHRISTMAS SPECIAL) ***PICS AND VID!!!!***
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post69493277

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Dustinkwon is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 AM #3
alphanu22
(◣_◢)
 
alphanu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: (-( SEATTLE )-)
Annual Supporting Member
alphanu22 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
alphanu22 is a Paintball photographer
alphanu22 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by badstang123 View Post
I've never been to a large paintball event like this. So I don't really know what to expect at Long Beach. I was thinking of going Thursday just for the trade show but if I'm going to be there Sunday anyway am I really missing anything by not going Thursday? Does stock on equipment for sale dwindle towards the end or do they bring tons to last the whole weekend. You event veterans tell me! Thanks.
- Justin -
you might wanna head to Huntington Beach, nothing happen at Long Beach..
__________________
BLASTech
|-[Instagram]-|-[Facebook]-|-[Twitter]-|
|-[BLAST Info]-|-[BLAST@FB]-|-[BL Direct]-|
alphanu22 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 AM #4
badstang123
 
 
badstang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Annual Supporting Member
badstang123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinkwon View Post
it starts friday bro...i'd suggest going all 3 days cuz it's gonna be cracking all day long...=D

but i mean ya...it's gonna be awesome!!!!
Starts on Thursday

Straight from the US Paintball League Website:

Surf City Open
Huntington Beach, CA
April 3 5, 2009
Venue:

On the beach at 1st Street and Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA
Schedule:

The Game Schedule will be released after registration has closed.
Event Itinerary:
Thursday, April 2nd

* Tradeshow is open to the public from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Fields are open for teams to walk from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Registration for Teams is open from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
* 5:00 pm Captains Meeting in the Center Court Grandstands
* *No games are played on Thursday*

Friday, April 3rd

* Games begin at 7:30 am and run until 6:00 pm
* Teams competing are Professional, Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3
* Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday, April 4th

* Divisional Games will run from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
* Professional Players will be in the tradeshow meeting fans and helping divisional teams throughout the day
* Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Sunday, April 5th

* Quarters, Semis and Finals for all divisions, including Professional, begin at 7:30 am
* Games are scheduled to finish at 6:00 pm on Center Court
* Awards Ceremony will be held on Center Court at 6:00 pm
* Trade Show open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
__________________
06 Maniac Ego
09 Ninja Ego
badstang123 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 AM #5
westcoastpb23 (Banned)
sum1 got into my account!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
yeeeaahhhhhh! cant wait!
westcoastpb23 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 AM #6
badstang123
 
 
badstang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Annual Supporting Member
badstang123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanu22 View Post
you might wanna head to Huntington Beach, nothing happen at Long Beach..
Lol. I'll fix that.
__________________
06 Maniac Ego
09 Ninja Ego
badstang123 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 AM #7
aCONTRACTKILLER
I Want My Own Pod Monkey
 
aCONTRACTKILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SO*CAL 626
aCONTRACTKILLER plays in the USPL
aCONTRACTKILLER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aCONTRACTKILLER supports Team VICIOUS
aCONTRACTKILLER is for the Gunfight
go all 3 days fri -sun

thursday is not gnna be exciting at all
__________________
XBOX LIVE - aCONTRACTKILLER
aCONTRACTKILLER is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:28 AM #8
alphanu22
(◣_◢)
 
alphanu22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: (-( SEATTLE )-)
Annual Supporting Member
alphanu22 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
alphanu22 is a Paintball photographer
alphanu22 works for a Paintball manufacturer
except at the BLAST Trailer
__________________
BLASTech
|-[Instagram]-|-[Facebook]-|-[Twitter]-|
|-[BLAST Info]-|-[BLAST@FB]-|-[BL Direct]-|
alphanu22 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 AM #9
badstang123
 
 
badstang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Annual Supporting Member
badstang123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCONTRACTKILLER View Post
go all 3 days fri -sun

thursday is not gnna be exciting at all
Moving Friday. Pool Party Saturday. Otherwise I would
__________________
06 Maniac Ego
09 Ninja Ego
badstang123 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 AM #10
kwag
We All Stopped Caring
 
kwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nor Cal
kwag supports Bob Gurnsey
Not sure how stocked they are on Sundays since we had to leave early last year. I say go both days. Sure its not super exciting on Thursday but you still get to check out the trade show and maybe even talk to a few pros (met Ollie, Cuba, and Federov).

Plus by going on Thursday you can spend more time watching games on Sunday.
__________________
Looking for PM7 eye covers!!

Originally Posted by Zellv2: "Activision is ****, we know, we're PC gamers."
kwag is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 AM #11
badstang123
 
 
badstang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Annual Supporting Member
badstang123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag View Post
Plus by going on Thursday you can spend more time watching games on Sunday.
That's not a bad idea. Best reason I've heard yet. First reason though too. lol
__________________
06 Maniac Ego
09 Ninja Ego
badstang123 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM #12
FrontMenDie1st
R. Frederickson
 
FrontMenDie1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 630 chitown suburbs
FrontMenDie1st plays in the PSP
FrontMenDie1st plays in the APPA D5 division
sundays you may get better deals from vendors, thats how it was for me at psp at least
__________________
www.RyanFrederickson.net
FrontMenDie1st is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM #13
shooptek
 
 
shooptek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Boston, MA
You might get better deals on Sunday, but usually they dont have that much stock left either. If you are looking for something specific, see if you can get down there on Thursday, just for the tradeshow.
__________________
Bunkerama Paintball Publication
ALL NEWS. NO BLOWBACK.
shooptek is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM #14
jzesty20
James Whiting
 
jzesty20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: quad cities
 has been a member for 10 years
in years past alot of the venders are not set up yet on thursdays some will be but not all. all there is that day is field walking. but other then that the rest of the weekend should be rockin
jzesty20 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM #15
gnarlyy brahda
1up kid justin
 
gnarlyy brahda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
def go thursday
__________________
Hobbyhorse-"With that said this guy is the real deal- if you want the guy that trained all the soldiers for 300 then you want gnarly brahda- he's solid."
htk <3
hk <3
Paintball ruined my life
gnarlyy brahda is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM #16
BallsAcrossUrNose
 
 
BallsAcrossUrNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Umm Roll in for the Weekend
Spring Break! Fri Sat Sunday Bring the Patron for Sunday Podium Party
Friday Sharkeys Pro Party is Going Large
BallsAcrossUrNose is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM #17
lilmaniac2
Stereo Enthusist
 
lilmaniac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
get there early friday and get the limited stuff then come back sunday and watch finals
lilmaniac2 is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM #18
nealm
 
 
nealm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
nealm supports Cereal Killerz 2
yeah it starts on firday. go all three days but on friday its probably going to be mostly amatuers
nealm is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 PM #19
Kcin
TU Paintball
 
Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Kcin is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kcin is an NCPA player
Kcin plays in the APPA D5 division
Go Sunday.
Kcin is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM #20
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~
 
Dustinkwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 50 snake
Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
Starts Thursday but no games soo no good action just the tradeshow I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badstang123 View Post
Starts on Thursday

Straight from the US Paintball League Website:

Surf City Open
Huntington Beach, CA
April 3 5, 2009
Venue:

On the beach at 1st Street and Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA
Schedule:

The Game Schedule will be released after registration has closed.
Event Itinerary:
Thursday, April 2nd

* Tradeshow is open to the public from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Fields are open for teams to walk from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Registration for Teams is open from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
* 5:00 pm Captains Meeting in the Center Court Grandstands
* *No games are played on Thursday*

Friday, April 3rd

* Games begin at 7:30 am and run until 6:00 pm
* Teams competing are Professional, Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3
* Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Saturday, April 4th

* Divisional Games will run from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
* Professional Players will be in the tradeshow meeting fans and helping divisional teams throughout the day
* Tradeshow open from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Sunday, April 5th

* Quarters, Semis and Finals for all divisions, including Professional, begin at 7:30 am
* Games are scheduled to finish at 6:00 pm on Center Court
* Awards Ceremony will be held on Center Court at 6:00 pm
* Trade Show open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
__________________
LNIB PROPHECY with QUICKFEED FOR SALE ONLY (CHRISTMAS SPECIAL) ***PICS AND VID!!!!***
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post69493277

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Dustinkwon is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM #21
shooptek
 
 
shooptek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Yep tradeshow will be open on Thursday, but no games.
__________________
Bunkerama Paintball Publication
ALL NEWS. NO BLOWBACK.
shooptek is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump