Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM #1
klittl01

What happened to Evil?

I have been out of the game for 90% of my college career. Fortunately I will be back in action soon, but what happened to Evil Paintball? Out of business? Bought by someone?

Thanks!
klittl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM #2
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
well evil is owned by KEE/RPS. They thought it was the best business decision to kill off the line.

I have no clue why, but the most basic reason is to make more money.

Evil still produces paint and it is still shot by the best.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:23 AM #3
masspb

NPS and PMI were bought by some investors and is now KEE.

They decided to get rid of the Evil line because they prolly saw it not a money maker brand for them.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:22 PM #4
j.a.m.
Gibbagak

j.a.m. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil was shut down b/c empire and evil made a lot of the same things and KEE didn't find it necessary to keep both around
Double blade trigger
Aka 2 Liter

Poison Ego 10
j.a.m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:51 PM #5
psymon stark
aggressive napkin

psymon stark is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I am extremely saddened by this. Glad I still have my HATMBOYF shirt though .
lehigh valley paintball
psymon stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:29 PM #6
Kxrider425

It is a bummer but I got the evil pimp! Cureently for sale
Kxrider425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:19 PM #7
wetworkz.hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymon stark View Post
I got me one of these too and I LOVE it.
wetworkz.hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:09 PM #8
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymon stark View Post
same.

and let's face it, aside from paint sales, the omen and pimp didn't really sell that great, the scion was over $500 even after the discontinued it, and the minions everybody just considered a pm5 with some engraving (i think it's been along time since i've been around anything even remotely paintball related). tho i did like the pimp kit. over all it was cheaper to kill the line.
Black_Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM #9
nichonitro
Mangiore Photography

Annual Supporting Member
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro is playing at Living Legends VII
invert that is why their is no more evil
Old 05-08-2009, 04:26 PM #10
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

there were problems way before invert came on the scene.... think back to the first run of omens.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM #11
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i love my pimp kit!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 PM #12
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

don't get me wrong, i've owned every version of the omen aside from the final version, and have owned at least one pimp in each color. the first run omens left a bad taste in peoples mouth, that just never went away.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:58 PM #13
Braddoc
Yukon Cornelius

Braddoc plays in the PSP
Braddoc is an NCPA player
Braddoc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Acid View Post
there were problems way before invert came on the scene.... think back to the first run of omens.
the omen launch problems were prior to when Evil/PMI was absorbed to form Kee.

after that happened Invert was introduced and replaced Evil in soft goods and midrange markers. As far as kee was concerned, there was no real benefit to having Evil around anymore, and it was BECAUSE they opted for the Invert line.

a shame, but it is what it is.
University of Minnesota Paintball #4
cyborg
nox inside

droid
MacDevMilitia
Braddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 AM #14
Saneha

Look forward to buy my Evil pimp
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 AM #15
-WM-Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Acid View Post
lol .....I blame W.A.S. for the death of Evil...... I have two Pimps and I cant stand the one with the WAS board, I think the Ghetto board was much better.

Selling an up-grade board (WAS Equalizer) that required a $50 cable and a computer to even adjust settings put a horrible taste in my mouth......and they almost ruined the Infinity Legend. Thank god Tadao makes the new board for them.
www.warmachinepb.com

#1 professional referee team in Brevard
Look for us at Hurricane Paintball Park in Palm Bay.
http://www.hurricanepaintballpark.com/
-WM-Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:38 PM #16
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I love the WAS board. Youre right about the cable though, but i got my board for 10 bucks and it seems to read more shots and allow a faster cycle. I know its not needed since were all capped, but i enjoyed it! BUt yeah the ghetto wasnt bad to begin with, i just got mine cause i know there arnt going to be too many boards soon and i plan on having my pimp for a while.

MY EGO
PIRANHA PAUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:25 PM #17
-WM-Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRANHA PAUL View Post
I love the WAS board. Youre right about the cable though, but i got my board for 10 bucks and it seems to read more shots and allow a faster cycle. I know its not needed since were all capped, but i enjoyed it! BUt yeah the ghetto wasnt bad to begin with, i just got mine cause i know there arnt going to be too many boards soon and i plan on having my pimp for a while.
lol fair enough.....I guess it all comes down to preferance......and I like a simple quick set-up.....its one of the reasons I dont own many e-guns
www.warmachinepb.com

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM #18
Flip-side
No Charge For Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WM-Illuminati View Post
lol .....I blame W.A.S. for the death of Evil...... I have two Pimps and I cant stand the one with the WAS board, I think the Ghetto board was much better.
W.A.S. did a great job pushing aftermarket boards into the sport, but their last board runs were awful. Like Illuminati mentioned, they were constantly breaking in the Legend markers. Most of the time you get 1 drop of sweat on them and they would short out. Other times they would act odd for long periods of time and then eventually stop working altogether. Great ideas, but very poor design and manufacturing.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM #19
-WM-Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip-side View Post
W.A.S. did a great job pushing aftermarket boards into the sport, but their last board runs were awful. Like Illuminati mentioned, they were constantly breaking in the Legend markers. Most of the time you get 1 drop of sweat on them and they would short out. Other times they would act odd for long periods of time and then eventually stop working altogether. Great ideas, but very poor design and manufacturing.
The was probably when they figured out that they were going out of business....WAS was only around for 1-2 years.....you really do get what you pay for when buying a cheap board.
www.warmachinepb.com

Old 06-10-2009, 04:21 PM #20
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

Think Legend owners had it bad? Go talk to Quest owners who had WAS boards.....
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM #21
ikey

they ram out of markers to copy.

their omen was 100% original, until people found out it is a glorified closed bolt spyder (literally. internals are of similar quality), that required more work that nessesary to keep it working (cocking pressure etc).

pimp was actually a great attemped to tap into a impulse crazy market and would have done well. except, for its size, it was as heavy or almost as heavy as a stock impulse, and given its size....tha just pathetic (far smaller than an impulse body). tehy tried to pull off cool features that turned out bad (quick release bolt- would have been better with a pin like any other gun), and simple stuff like retarded reverse trigger design, stupidly small trigger guard and stuff like that were just turn offs. by the time they fixed it, people gave them a bad rep.

minion- thats not even remotely evil. its straight up dye/proto with an evil logo on it. im surprised evil actually called it their gun. you pay for a different logo and milling, and 99% will take dye/proto over evil, so it failed.

WAS was great on some guns in teh early run. for example, WAS pretty much took impulse performance to its peak. WAS beat any impulse baord software out to date when it was first released. their software was good, and for the money the were some of the best. their boards were significantly cheaper than tadao etc for timmies and tirix and has similar features. they had USB update technology called equalink....tadao and virtue are just starting to do that now. they also had diagnostic modes etc for their trix baords....thats never even been done.

late run? well yeah i guess they started having issues, especially on legends, which i think were the last guns to use them. previous it was quests. not a very good track run at all....kind of like the quest themselves