PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2015, 02:00 PM #1
neal6

neal6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
neal6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
finalizing my cocker project!

I am nearing completion on my cocker project, just have a few things to get her just how I had dreamed when i was 16... just need a little help/tips

Its microed(mini, halfblock and midget) have an expanded banjo bolt to make up for the mini, e2 etc...

Basically I still have factory valvetrain, and Ive always wanted an MQ2, but they are hard as hell to find. any idea on where to get one and what they go for? last i remember they were 200+.Do i need to do any other mods to get one to fit? i have an 04 prostock I believe(in sig).

I still need qev's.

I git a mini front block, and it must have been an orracle block as it didnt fit right. Did I buy the wrong FB? or do i have to have it milled to fit?

If I remember right, the black magic reg was the **** back in the day, Is it still the reg of choice for microcockers?
Did it work before?
You screwed with it, didn't you?
Got what you deserved.
neal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2015, 02:32 PM #2
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal6 View Post
I am nearing completion on my cocker project, just have a few things to get her just how I had dreamed when i was 16... just need a little help/tips

Its microed(mini, halfblock and midget) have an expanded banjo bolt to make up for the mini, e2 etc...

Basically I still have factory valvetrain, and Ive always wanted an MQ2, but they are hard as hell to find. any idea on where to get one and what they go for? last i remember they were 200+.Do i need to do any other mods to get one to fit? i have an 04 prostock I believe(in sig).
They still go for around $225, you'll also need to make a custom spacer, since the back of the lower tube is chopped shorter than stock or thread the IVG deeper so as to not use a spacer at all. You might be able to find and MQ2 over on customcocker forums.

Quote:
I still need qev's.

I git a mini front block, and it must have been an orracle block as it didnt fit right. Did I buy the wrong FB? or do i have to have it milled to fit?
QEV's are still widely in use, you can get your pick of clippard, Pneumadyne, SP/GOG and belsales.

As for the block, orracle would be the one you want (unless you don't enjoy the 15 VASA), it'll still wiggle until the banjo is properly tightened, if the body is too thick for the block, file the block's inner surfaces down until it fits. You'll want to run an LPC if you use the MQ2.

Quote:
If I remember right, the black magic reg was the **** back in the day, Is it still the reg of choice for microcockers?
It is still the ****, just not the ultimate ****; there are better performing, lighter regulators out there. For something like this, you'll want an AKA sidewinder/SST with the tall top, to add volume to the valve chamber (volume is your friend with MQ valves); if you don't like the looks, there are plenty of other great regulators that will keep up well enough and have an inlet port near the bottom.

Last edited by tacxplosion : 04-21-2015 at 02:46 PM.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:55 PM #3
neal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
They still go for around $225, you'll also need to make a custom spacer, since the back of the lower tube is chopped shorter than stock or thread the IVG deeper so as to not use a spacer at all.
I did thread the IVG deeper(all the way actually) OOPS!

Quote:
As for the block, orracle would be the one you want (unless you don't enjoy the 15 VASA), it'll still wiggle until the banjo is properly tightened, if the body is too thick for the block, file the block's inner surfaces down until it fits. You'll want to run an LPC if you use the MQ2.
the cutout for the block is round, and the front of the body of the gun is more square. I tightened u the LPC and theres still a little less than a 1/8" gap between the block and gun, so the oring blew.

Quote:
It is still the ****, just not the ultimate ****; there are better performing, lighter regulators out there. For something like this, you'll want an AKA sidewinder/SST with the tall top, to add volume to the valve chamber (volume is your friend with MQ valves); if you don't like the looks, there are plenty of other great regulators that will keep up well enough and have an inlet port near the bottom.
Thats right! i was looking at a 2 liter. the SST must have came out within the last year or two. What are performance/weight/any differences between the four? (2 liter, sidewinder, SST and black magic regs)
Did it work before?
Got what you deserved.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:05 PM #4
tacxplosion

Quote:
I did thread the IVG deeper(all the way actually) OOPS!

the cutout for the block is round, and the front of the body of the gun is more square. I tightened u the LPC and theres still a little less than a 1/8" gap between the block and gun, so the oring blew.
I'll need a picture of this to be able to tell 100%, AFAIK you can use any 2k+ block with a gauge port on the bottom and thread a VASA to 1/8" NPT adapter onto it, works as well as anything, though it may be slightly offset on some.

Quote:
Thats right! i was looking at a 2 liter. the SST must have came out within the last year or two. What are performance/weight/any differences between the four? (2 liter, sidewinder, SST and black magic regs)
2 liter is the bee's knees, but the air inlet is near the middle and it will probably bump with the trigger guard when you install it. The black magic is the heaviest of the 4 (even the '05 STO version is a bit heavy by today's standards), the sidewinder and SST are practically the same thing, though I don't know the exact weight or how they compare to the 2liter
Old 04-21-2015, 07:00 PM #5
neal6

here is the frontblock next to the body. you can see where the anno has been rubbed off on the FB, that is where it needs to be milled down.

I do have the original Frontblock, but I would prefer the cleanness of the mini FB instead of the ASA adapter.

I do have access to a tig welder and the skills to possibly tig the block on... but that would be a last ditch effort and only if i did decide that i absolutely wanted this frontblock. and will never need to remove it.
Did it work before?
Got what you deserved.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:27 PM #6
tacxplosion

I see. If you want it to lock in place, you'll have to file the body down a little; if you'd rather not touch the body, you can file/dremel the block to fit the body, your call.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 PM #7
neal6

Quote:
I see. If you want it to lock in place, you'll have to file the body down a little
Hmm, never thought of that... if you could nee the rest of the gun you would know that I have no problem messing with the body, but I do prefer to modify the frontblock. Do all mini frontblocks come milled like that?
Did it work before?
Got what you deserved.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:58 PM #8
tacxplosion

No, older vertical (as in not angled) ASA mini blocks came milled square for regular 2k+ bodies.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:32 PM #9
neal6

Will a pre 2k frontblock fit a 2k+ banjo bolt?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:31 PM #10
tacxplosion

if you bore it out, it probably will; pre2k banjo's are thinner, but the overall position of the pneumatics is the same.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:56 PM #11
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
It'd be more work modding a pre2k to fit than just filing off the little bit you don't want.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:56 PM #12
=DaveP=
--GUNSHINE STATE--

=DaveP= plays in the PSP
=DaveP= plays in the APPA D4 division
Why not just buy the part you need? You said you like the fb because it looks cleaner but when you're done with what you have planned in modding it to fit, it's not going to look very clean at all lol.
=DaveP= is online now   Reply With Quote