Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-23-2015, 01:45 PM #1
hal0_pro

WGP Karnivor help!

Hey everyone. I have had a Karni for the past year or so and have yet to get to actually shoot it. It had some leaks when I bought it and thought nothing of it. The problem turned out to be the cup seal. So I replaced that and in the process of putting it all back together, I heard a loud 'POP' when I was putting the ICS Hammer (name from the manual) back in. Well, now i cant get it back out or the lug to extend. Any ideas on this? I cant seem to find anything holding it in and its killing me!
hal0_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2015, 06:56 AM #2
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
The snatch grip screw protrudes into the lower tube to hold the IVG in. Make sure that had been removed.
Are you sue the lug was all the way up when you installed the hammer?
Is the grip frame on, or off the body?
vantrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:26 AM #3
hal0_pro

Sorry, I dont know the proper name for all the parts, but the one I'm talking about is the (hammer I think) one that you access via the hole in the top of the body with an Allen wrench. As I was screwing that back in, the Allen screw that is, I heard that pop. That screw I can't get in or out now. Possibly stripped, but I don't think so as the wrench didn't slip or anything. Is it possible that the screw broke on the inside? The market is fully disassembled aside from that part.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:15 PM #4
vantrepes

Was it a ball end hex wrench? You may have snapped off the ball end in the hammer lug.
You can try cutting a slot into the bottom of the hammer lug, and using that to screw it into the hammer. You will have to replace the lug when you're done, but that's a cheaper fix than trying to force it, and damaging the hammer or body.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:32 PM #5
hal0_pro

Yeah it was a ball tipped wrench but it didn't break. I have somehow managed to misalign the screw with the hole for it and am looking at a way to just drill out the hammer or something. I can replace that and don't want to damage the body. So yeah, it's still jammed and won't pull out. So I've let it sit till I come up with a way to do so
Old 06-06-2015, 04:45 PM #6
vantrepes

Can you access the bottom of the hammer lug? Is the hammer lug flush with the hammer, or is it protruding into the hammer lug slot?
At this point, a picture would really help.