Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM #22
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u
 
DeadlyAssasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
DeadlyAssasin donated to help Peyton Trent
DeadlyAssasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeadlyAssasin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think the particular issue you guys are speaking of is a little off. From my understanding the Pro Teams are required to support divisional teams in their area so they can get to the events for example Dynasty Entourage, Davis XSV, Arsenal Predators, etc. I'm not 100% but I spoke to Tom Fore and as a Professional Franchise he made it clear that the team and their sponsors would help Divisional teams in his area get to the event. Therefore the Team's sponsors were going to help with either gear, entry, or paint. So yes teams might have received a discount but it was because a regional pro team or their sponsors helped with that other $$$.
__________________
DeadlyAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 AM #23
andrew hw99
Pro Wyatt
 
andrew hw99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: orlando florida
andrew hw99 plays in the PSP
andrew hw99 donated to help Peyton Trent
andrew hw99 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyAssasin View Post
I think the particular issue you guys are speaking of is a little off. From my understanding the Pro Teams are required to support divisional teams in their area so they can get to the events for example Dynasty Entourage, Davis XSV, Arsenal Predators, etc. I'm not 100% but I spoke to Tom Fore and as a Professional Franchise he made it clear that the team and their sponsors would help Divisional teams in his area get to the event. Therefore the Team's sponsors were going to help with either gear, entry, or paint. So yes teams might have received a discount but it was because a regional pro team or their sponsors helped with that other $$$.
Thats very generous of them to do that
__________________
Rack City Klutch
andrew hw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM #24
a1exweibl
 
 
a1exweibl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Easton, Massachusetts
a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Honestly, some teams have better connections than others. It's painaball live with it, I understand that people are mad about 100 dollar late fee waived but most 7 man teams have about 10 guys so your all getting worked up for a whole 10 dollars each.....

I think USPL is here to do more good/expand paintball more than take your money..... Honestly get over it they threw a good event from what I hear and without them you wouldn't have a HB event.
__________________
FREE AGENT!!! PM me for teams in MA
a1exweibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 PM #25
ericthepaintballguy
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego
ericthepaintballguy plays in the APPA D5 division
Exclamation

rumor busted! Here: http://www.pbgossip.com/category/rumors/
ericthepaintballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 AM #26
TuxMag26
 
 
TuxMag26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
TuxMag26 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthepaintballguy View Post
damn ur smart:

"Some teams were waived the $100 price hike fee"
TuxMag26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 AM #27
ericthepaintballguy
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego
ericthepaintballguy plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMag26 View Post
damn ur smart:

"Some teams were waived the $100 price hike fee"
can't say the same about you smart a$$

why do you have to be a hater? i'm just relaying information...sheesh!
ericthepaintballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:48 AM #28
Dahmer
Eat.Flesh
 
Dahmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Dahmer plays in the APPA D4 division
oh wow. an anonymous league source denies a potentially damaging accusation. couldn't see that one coming!!!

I know from personal, first hand experience that stuff like this happens all the time at events. that's why when I heard the allegation, I accepted it as likely true. compound the harsh economic climate and the pressure of having your first national event not look like a flop, and I believe that this accusation is more than likely a fact. some people get in cheaper...it happens.

you know that gun you have? someone got it cheaper.
you know that hopper you have? someone got it cheaper.
you know that paint you shoot? someone got it cheaper.
you know that hotel you're staying at? someone got it cheaper.
you know that flight you took? someone got it cheaper.

you know that event you just played? someone got it cheaper.

you're not special, but someone else certainly is. deal with it.
__________________
Scott Shafer
==========
Smart Parts Factory (RiP)
Team Dahmer since 2003
Dahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM #29
yella
RAMPAGE
 
yella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Annual Supporting Member
yella owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yella is for the Gunfight
Honestly who the heck cares. Did you get to shoot your marker, gog a couple people, run someone down, have a few wobbly pops after, say wow I had a great time.
__________________
2010-2011-2012-2013 Canadian D1 Champion!!
2012 PPL OPEN CHAMPIONS - RAMPAGE CITY
THUNDER BUDDIES MR 2013 CHAMPIONS
yella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM #30
TuxMag26
 
 
TuxMag26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
TuxMag26 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmer View Post
oh wow. an anonymous league source denies a potentially damaging accusation. couldn't see that one coming!!!

I know from personal, first hand experience that stuff like this happens all the time at events. that's why when I heard the allegation, I accepted it as likely true. compound the harsh economic climate and the pressure of having your first national event not look like a flop, and I believe that this accusation is more than likely a fact. some people get in cheaper...it happens.

you know that gun you have? someone got it cheaper.
you know that hopper you have? someone got it cheaper.
you know that paint you shoot? someone got it cheaper.
you know that hotel you're staying at? someone got it cheaper.
you know that flight you took? someone got it cheaper.

you know that event you just played? someone got it cheaper.

you're not special, but someone else certainly is. deal with it.
excellent post
TuxMag26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump