Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 PM #1
Neil42

change much???

Got sick of poor efficiency on my SP1 so I adjusted the dwell (its a gen 1 SP1 without modes...we arent allowed to have them here in Australia anyway!)
So my dwell was 50 on HPA setting, dropped to 40 but that resulted in lower velocity (by about 100 fps) now its set at 43 and it seems to fire just like it did on 50.
My question is....as I wont have the chance to try it for a while... will this make much appreciable difference to the efficiency?
I know it will have some effect...but will it be tiny...like and extra 50 shots per tank...or will it be like an extra 200?
I know every gun is different... Im asking for a generalisation here.
Thanks for your time....
Neil42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
If you want better efficiency, try a QEV and a lighter bolt. Lowering the dwell minimizes the time your valve stays open, resulting in a weaker shot. If you lower your dwell and raise your velocity, essentially, you will achieve nothing, since one offsets the other.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM #3
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil42 View Post
Got sick of poor efficiency on my SP1 so I adjusted the dwell (its a gen 1 SP1 without modes...we arent allowed to have them here in Australia anyway!)
So my dwell was 50 on HPA setting, dropped to 40 but that resulted in lower velocity (by about 100 fps) now its set at 43 and it seems to fire just like it did on 50.
My question is....as I wont have the chance to try it for a while... will this make much appreciable difference to the efficiency?
I know it will have some effect...but will it be tiny...like and extra 50 shots per tank...or will it be like an extra 200?
I know every gun is different... Im asking for a generalisation here.
Thanks for your time....
My L7 bolted.. BH boarded SP1 can shoot pretty darn close to a case from a 88cu 4500 tank. My dwell is on 14 ms.. Does that help? I think you should be able to improve yours dramatically.
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote