Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-31-2001, 09:12 PM #1
gandhi85
Got Land?

gandhi85 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I can't decide...HELP

ok im thinking about what to get and i need ur guys opinions. i have 600 +/- like 50/20. heres wat i was thinking...

-nasty houndstooth...always thought of it, thought it was my brainchild, apparently some have been made. double barreled pump = SWEET!

-squall...love stock class, but need help competing against my friends w/ semis. limited by paint and air means its a skill building gun, plus i love those damn things.

-intimidator...THE FUTURE IS NOW! electros seem to be ruling the world. its a cool gun and relatively cheap especially at 888paintball, ace and led are nice extras

-32* impulse... cant afford that ff imp, so this is the closest thing in the price range. one of the coolset guns around, pretty sweet for showing off. quick and accurate,vert max flow is a plus

-typhoon..the legend, always a favorite of mine. total accuracy.

-blazer...a palmer gun with ultra compactness...great for playing up front

-pgp stroker or nano cocker...really, REALLY compact. closed bolt power in an extremely tiny package

cant really think of really cool cockers in that price range new, never really inteterested in mags either. as u can see i have lots to choose from, and hey it's tough. im leaning towards squall, but there so much out there. gimme ur opinions cuz u guys are cool and paintball is fun! thanx
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2001, 09:41 PM #2
Volcov

The Squall is really nice, but again, it's a stock class gun, so you may not be able to play that well against your friends.

I would be looking at either the Blazer or the Nanococker by Punisher.

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 10-31-2001, 09:50 PM #3
DuBri
F*** the police

squalls are not stock class. If you want to be cool, get a blazer, the nickle portet barrel, and a 2 finger 45 frame. Then an anti siphon co2 tank and you should be set. A stabalizer reg if theres money left.

Pirhana SB DF Nickle plated w/3.5 oz tank

Palmer Squall w/11 inch ported barrel
Old 11-01-2001, 12:12 AM #4
Volcov

Blah didn't mean stock, meant non C/A and the 10(or whatever)-round magazine

Here's what I have on my Blazer, and it's just awesome:
- Double trigger w/ Protouch Trigger Job and .45 grip
- sight ring, male stab, delrin bolt
- Lapco Bigshot, Autospirit, and spiral ported, nickel-plated Palmer barrel
- .45 Grip, trigger w/guard, stab, gun highlights are all nickel plated

Shoots like a dream and is beautiful

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 11-09-2001, 01:33 AM #5
Specter

I would either get a blazer or an impulse. Those were the 2 guns I was looking at getting and hopefully soon I will have a sweet blazer. I think a 45 frame, stabilizer (male if you want a foregrip), matched barrel are pretty much the reccomended upgrades. For the Impulse, www.e-paintballoutlet.com/impulse.htm I saw the Impulse, vert regulator, Voodoo free flow, and blade trigger for $500 together.
Old 11-12-2001, 04:03 PM #6
sgrdaddy80

hmmmm..... no on all of the guns you listed.... if i were you, i would go for a bushy (b2k2 or b2k) or a shocker.....or maybe even a sto cocker. you can2n get a bushy with a new barrel or even n2 with the money you have to spend. bushys are awesome. but dont spend that much on a pump or a stock class unless you plan to only be playing pump games
Old 11-12-2001, 04:26 PM #7
gandhi85
Got Land?

im surprised this thread is still getting looked at. thanks for all your help guys. actully now i have narrowed it down to typhoon or squall, so keep bringing on suggestions and opinions!
Old 11-12-2001, 08:18 PM #8
Specter

I think now its all personal preference now. Semi vs pump. Both are Palmers, and I cant think of any real good arguments that would work. I believe a typhoon would be best, especially since you want to compete with your friends on the same level of play. You would have to limit yourself in the amount of paint you shot if you want to conserve paint. Its up to you.
Old 11-14-2001, 01:36 AM #9
Specter

Also, to save you money, theres a mass order going down by Movie Guy, his 4th, look at the POG discussion forum. Probably wont get your marker till March, but you save 15%. Heres the link to the faq: http://www.noodlehoops.com/paintball/mgmofaq.html
Maybe you can spend the money you save on paint.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:18 PM #10
Cursed Frogurt

Or you can offer me for my Angel LED. That would be your other option
Old 11-14-2001, 10:08 PM #11
Zee
Electros Suck!

I have been playing since the eighties. Ever since I have started playing I have wanted a PPS Custom marker. Something different and a little unique. Not to stand out, but just to have something made by hand that would/should perform better than it's mass-produced brethern.

I am now embarking on the purchase of a Blazer. I have never had anyone who's owned one say anything negative about them. (other than they do not have a rof as fast as an angel )
Seeing as I am not on a quest for a high ROF gun, this is ok
On the other hand, people have said they are dependable, reliable, accurate, light and rugged. Sounds like an almost perfect marker to me.
People who say they do not like the idea to have to mail their marker to Palmers to have it fixed, doesn't worry me, as I have never had a marker break so badly on me that I could not fix it.

But PLEASE don't get a Blazer too, then EVERYONE will want one too, and I'll have to wait till Palmers comes out with another innovation (j/k)

Just my $.02
Old 11-14-2001, 11:13 PM #12
gandhi85
Got Land?

haha dont worry zee...the blazer is completely out of the running. palmer is great, ive always wanted one of his markers ever since ive seen them (i actually want one of every kind he makes). im scared of him tho, i think he doesnt like me because i keep hounding him with emails and never buy anything. the moment i do buy something is rapidly approaching tho. its too hard to decide, someone tell me what to buy PHOON or SQUALL. DAMN THAT PALMER!

something i dont understand is y his prices keep going up. i remember one time i looked at the site and i think a vert phoon was 454 and the next time i went back it was 585. im not saying its a bad thing at all, im just sad i didnt act sooner and save some money. it could be for the better tho, as he does keep revising making newer additions here and there every now and again.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:25 PM #13
DuBri
F*** the police

Your choice. Squall is easy to hook up with CA. Focus all of your abilities on hiting them with one or two shots. Before I sent my squall to punishers for a .45 frame I could hit pretty much anyone I could see, withing reason.

Pirhana SB DF Nickle plated w/3.5 oz tank

Palmer Squall w/11 inch ported barrel
Old 11-14-2001, 11:34 PM #14
Zee
Electros Suck!

Go with the PHOON.

You'll kick yourself if you don't!

WOW! You spent all that money and you still SUCK! :)