PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM #22
grantis2911
Jeremiah 29:11

Hey I am from around the area of Norfolk too... what days do you guys play? Many newer players come out? Where are you located?
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 PM #23
Frasch

Frasch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im in norfolk
Frasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 PM #24
explicit1

explicit1 is for the Gunfight
We have been setting up our 35 piece airup bunkers just south of HWY 275 on Ridge Road (road to Maskenthine Lake) on Sundays mostly. I plan on moving the field to another location very near to where we play now. The dirt work needs to be done yet and it will be on the same road, so it will be visible from Hwy 275(only like an 1/4th mile closer to the hwy). Shoot me your e-mail for anymore info and also I'll keep you up to date on when we are playing and anything else we have going on.

christophergoetsch@hotmail.com
explicit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM #25
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
yep

We usually have a good crowd of newer players that come out as well. These last few years we have trained up many new players and gotten them into tournament play. We like helping newer people get started, and do our best to make sure everyone has a fun/safe time. Definately give your email to Chris, so you can stay up to date to when he opens up, and other details.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 PM #26
Frasch

is it usually just on sundays or like the whole weekend like sat and sun?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 AM #27
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

In the past it has mostly been sundays, but I'm sure it mainly depends on whichever day most people can make it. If there is a big group on both days, I'm sure Chris wouldnt mind opening on both. But usually sundays is what works out the best. You can always email chris to find out if people will be out there for sure. Also just keep checking your email, as chris is really good about sending group emails to everyone interested on field details week by week
Old 03-26-2009, 02:04 PM #28
Frasch

i was reading on the jersey and pant sizing and everyone says to go at least 1 to 2 sizes larger than what you normally wear... is that right?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 PM #29
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

bigger is better

ya, Bigger is better for jerseys anyway. All companys jersey sizes run differently, but if it helps, I wear a 2XL in my planet eclipse jersey (the standard size for most people). As for pants, again they all run differently. Most places will tell you the waist size for each size choice, and it is pretty accurate to what you need.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 PM #30
explicit1

With pants I usually have to go 1 size up from what the chart says I should need.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 PM #31
Frasch

what does the hydro date mean on the tanks?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 PM #32
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

5 yrs

hpa tanks usually need to be rehydro tested every 5 years. If the tank is past its rehydro date, then fields are not supposed to fill them for safety reasons. So if the tank was last hydroed in 2007, it should be good until 2012 I believe
Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 AM #33
big jim steinmeyer

Frasch,
Earlier in the thread you mentioned finding a public wildlife area to play. I would check on the legality of that before doing anything there. 5 years ago I went out with a group of kids down south of York and we played on a public wildlife area. When we came back to the cars there was a game warden sitting there who gave a couple of the kids tickets for shooting posts while setting up their guns. He went on to inform us that it is illegal to play on public land in Nebraska. It has something to do with someone running a business with people playing on public land and this was the only way to stop them. Chuck at CJs in Lincoln confirmed this for me. He may have more details if you are interested.

Grant, I think you played with Spracks and his friends over at Kyle's in Yankton. You should remember some of them if you get together with them. They are some good guys to play speedball with.

providing a target for kiddies since '85
big jim steinmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM #34
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

thanks man!

Thanks for the good words man!

And definately be careful where you decide to play woodsball at. If you cant make it to a public woodsfield (an acutal commercial paintball field), then it is best just to get permission to play on someones private land, but make sure everything is being run safely and everyone is responsible about it.

And to EVERYONE, we would love to have you out at the Norfolk field any time! We had a great turnout this last sunday, and had alot of newer guys come out as well. Everyone had a great time and all talked about playing again soon. All of the players at the field really enjoy helping new players get started in paintball, and to make sure everyone has a great/inexpensive time. It's all about playing some paintball with friends!

The guys will be in Kansas this next weekend, and I'm not sure when the next time Chris will open up (currently in the process of leveling off some of his land) But if you ever have any interest in coming out to play or getting a group together for a day, just email Chris and get on his mailing list for the field. This way you can stay up to date with field news, open play dates, private parties, deals, etc.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM #35
grantis2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim steinmeyer View Post
Frasch,
Earlier in the thread you mentioned finding a public wildlife area to play. I would check on the legality of that before doing anything there. 5 years ago I went out with a group of kids down south of York and we played on a public wildlife area. When we came back to the cars there was a game warden sitting there who gave a couple of the kids tickets for shooting posts while setting up their guns. He went on to inform us that it is illegal to play on public land in Nebraska. It has something to do with someone running a business with people playing on public land and this was the only way to stop them. Chuck at CJs in Lincoln confirmed this for me. He may have more details if you are interested.

Grant, I think you played with Spracks and his friends over at Kyle's in Yankton. You should remember some of them if you get together with them. They are some good guys to play speedball with.
I don't think I did. Both days I was there is was mostly all new players, no team members or anything. I must have just missed them.

But I think I may try to come up to Norfolk maybe in two weeks, are you guys playing then?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM #36
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

better ask chris

There have been a couple other guys asking about playing then, but with them having a tourny in kansas this weekend, most of the guys may want a weekend off. Plus, I know Chris is working on his land, so I'm not sure when he plans to open up again next. Try emailing him, and see what he says.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 PM #37
explicit1

We will be doing the dirt work for the new field on Good Friday, so I doubt we will be setting up anything untill the weekend after. I will try to post info on here, or you can get your e-mail address to me and I will keep you in the loop.

christophergoetsch@hotmail.com

Oh, if you have given your email to me and you haven't recieved a reply, please check your junk mail and then add me to your safe list.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 AM #38
grantis2911

I'm going to email you so you have mine now.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM #39
Frasch

i have to work all day on friday otherwise i would come out and help.. finally got all my gear in and im ready to go all i need is to air up the tank and get some paint!! The weather is finally start to turn for the better!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM #40
grantis2911

When are you guys thinking that you'll be open? Any this weekend? Like Friday or Monday with easter break? Do you guys have air fills there? Do you sell paint?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 AM #41
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

almost

air/paint is just about finalized I believe. I'm pretty sure Chris is going to get the location all prepared this weekend, so probably no playing for this weekend.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM #42
grantis2911

Just about finalized? lol does that mean you sell some?