PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM #1
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Underdog Epiphany

I got a brand new Epiphany a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was the first new Electro marker I ever owned and it was a blast. Over time.. it developed a steady leak. It was still usable but definitely bleed air. Came on to PBN in the Epiphany forum and you guys recommended taking out the chamber insert.. which I did, but in the process I lost the rear banjo fitting and was too lazy to just purchase another one.

It has been years since I shot my Epiphany and over the course of time I got a DM9, Sold it for a Shocker which ended up needing parts to get it working, Bought a 2011 Ego, got my Mini E-Orracle up and running and shot a few of the players gun at a field I started playing at in Michigan... just to give you guys some background... Anyways I finally got my parts in for my Epiphany which only has one upgrade on it.. a 7th element board and as clamping feedneck. I installed all the parts, gassed it up.. NO LEAKS! Fired...Smooth? huh... what? and it was beautiful. Everything you think you need to get out of a 1500 dollar marker for 1/6th the price.

I have been using my Mini Orracle (which still needs quite a bit of tuning) and I was soo surprised by the very smooth shot and the quietness of the Epiphany. I have often thought that Smart Parts markers were just as good if for the bias would have been some of the most popular guns on the Marker but never really had any proof. I definitely feel like I have fired enough markers to include a very tuned and smooth Luxe to come to the conclusion that the Ion/Epiphany/Eos platform is a very good platform. It may be a little more involved to take them apart however considering the low speed rates of Tournaments now days as well as eye technology and high tech loaders... how many of us are actually worried about have a blender in the breach that will require a complete tear down? Needless to say I'm impressed and satisfied and I am really looking forward to playing with my Epiphany for a long time. There are certainly other guns I want, something lighter and more comfortable would be great... but all of those are subjective as there is absolutely no reason why these guns can't keep up with anything else on the field.

Oh and the next time some idiot who thinks they know better wants to talk about reliability with the Ion platform or talk about who it is "flawed" design. The only thing I have done to this Marker maintenance wise was replace the bolt Orings and lube them with Marmelade. BTW when I replaced the Orings.. this was over three years ago (relubed a few times to keep the orings fresh and limit the possibility of drying out). This Marker has been Sitting unfired since 2008. I got the gun in '07. I have never opened up the Reg to clean or maintain it. Talk about a gun you can pull out of the gear back that just works? The next time I get near a chronograph I'll post in hear and we'll see just how "crappy" smart parts regs are. I am very impressed, but maybe I shouldn't be. The Ion design is very straight forward and simple and simple things just seem to work. I wonder how well it's going to shoot when I finally break it in! ahahaha

Last edited by bonusball024 : 09-13-2013 at 03:36 PM.
bonusball024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement