Oooh, Jesuth Christh!!

Annual Supporting Member
Scott7d is a Supporting Member
Scott7d is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Scott7d donated to help Peyton Trent
Scott7d supports Bob Gurnsey
Scott7d supports our troops
I'm thinking about playing some CTS events this year. Would I even know anyone?

I'm sure some of you would be so happy to see me!
"Originally posted by protomatrix101: Scott7d- What you said to A-5 Best will probably help me out to, so thank you for your advice."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 AM #44
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
the thing is APPA doesnt guarantee anything. Since SEPS started using it ive seen more people sandbag because since theyve never played an APPA event everyone is considered beginner and can play whatever division they want. I say APPA is NOT the way to go. Oh and compared to previous years the reffing was better. There were people who actually cared about the games enough to check people. In the past i dont think anyone cared enough to actually try and do a good job reffing
then that probably means they are not sand bagging if they are not ranked.

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM #45
asylum1

asylum1 is an Ultimate field/store owner
Last year refs

I don't want this to become a discussion on last years reffs, only a future outlook on the CTS, look to the future, and how great this series can become, if we support it. However I have to respond to the coment of last years reffs, and a year under their belt of reffing. The current reffs and last years reffs have been playing ball longer than I have seen any to the faces at the cts or longer than I have seen any local players, they have reffed more tournaments than most people have played, they have seen every scenario when it comes to playing or reffing.

Like I said I would not be doing my reffs justice if I ignored this post and did not respond. I won't reply to last years cts again, I know human nature is to believe what your percieve. I think sometimes forums magnify a problem beyond it's true realization.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM #46
Thunderstick
MacDev 4 Life

We are not playing the CTS this year because we have our team spread out in several other directions, and the reffing is one of the main concerns on the players minds that are playing the CTS. BUT....no one complained about the reffing for the first event. Some missed calls here and there, but reffing was good and better than last year. You are getting what you asked for. My concern from a players perspective is how do you get the teams back that you had 2 or 3 years ago? I played 1 event 3 years ago at Asylum and we loved it. My team is located a little far south for the drive with a good local tourny already in my area (SEPS). You have a 5 man series with low entry, quality fields, quality reffing, and a promoter that wants to make it better going forward.

Talk it up at the local fields, discuss with friends, go to another field to practice and invite some teams up. Imagine your events with 20+ teams, good reffing and good venues. You had the teams but lacked organization several years ago....now you have everything to build the series on, get the teams.

Good luck.

Chris-Livewire
Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 AM #47
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
war_kid is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
If your refering to the old asylum guys yes, they have played for many years. A lot longer than I have I know that for a fact.

but I was refering to the refs you employ at asylum, the ones that ref open play and woodsball players and what not. I don't think they were ready to ref such a big event ( well last year they weren't anyway )

but if you want the cts to survive this is what I personally think you should do:
1. use all the same refs throughout the series that have been trained in the psp ref clinic your hosting.
2. make all prizes cash
3. incorporate the appa system
Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM #48
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by war_kid View Post
If your refering to the old asylum guys yes, they have played for many years. A lot longer than I have I know that for a fact.

but I was refering to the refs you employ at asylum, the ones that ref open play and woodsball players and what not. I don't think they were ready to ref such a big event ( well last year they weren't anyway )

but if you want the cts to survive this is what I personally think you should do:
1. use all the same refs throughout the series that have been trained in the psp ref clinic your hosting.
2. make all prizes cash
3. incorporate the appa system

agreed! this would make the series better...and i do believe all this would attract most of the teams that played the series before last year back out

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 AM #49
PoolBaller
The Ole Man

Kenny,

Dont get to Frustrated at the low turnouts.... I know for myself I did not play last year, and will continue not to be able to play, until the Nation's economy turns its self around...

Paying my Light and Phone bill are more important than playing paintball
Team Exarch.3yrs
Gold & Blue 07 Ego
Dust Black Proto Matrix 05
Black Halo B
14" Freak kit
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 AM #50
randy woodland

i read allot of tourney responses and the reffing seems 2 b the main issue, well i have played for along time and i don't complain about the reffing nor do i allow my teams or team mates. my guys ref and ppl say that they made a bad call or missed an obvious call, well it is so hard to c everything on the field and it is much easier 2 c things while u r behind a net. look at the old nppl and the psp, i c more missed calls there then i do at a local event, but that is going to happen with the speed of the game and refs can only do so much. 1 thing i c that is a pain in the butt is that fields use modified rules and that i do hate. when i ask which of the rules r modified, no 1 knows !!
the cts should just make there own simple rules and simplify everything !
also if u use the appa system then u must go by there ranking system and honor the ranking that each player gets. that is the price u will pay for putting a system into effect. i have never played a cts, but it looks like it has potential 2 b a great series and if it was closer to us then i would more than likely send my guys to play for the cash.

good luck and remember the more fields u run the more chance u have of getting ref complaints !! (been there) !!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:25 AM #51
PoolBaller
The Ole Man

The only reason alot of ppl want to goto the APPA system is to cut out on the sandbagging... I dont know if it was an issue last year or not... but it has been a very big issue in years past
Team Exarch.3yrs
Gold & Blue 07 Ego
Dust Black Proto Matrix 05
Black Halo B
14" Freak kit
Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM #52
mselis

Now I have not played the CTS so this may sound like a silly question but I dont understand why people think that the APPA will make any difference?

I cant imagine people ranked playing in the rookie division plus any upper level teams can have ranked players just not D1 if that is my correct understanding.

Cant you check on APPA if you have an APPA id number and you could verify if they are not in the right clasification.

Instead of using the APPA which is simply going to add more hassle and cost I feel that CTS should keep it as affordable as possible (maybe even lower entry fees) but in exchange lower the prize packages accordingly. Remember the ICC had up to 64 teams at events and were playing for just trophies!! Bigger prizes does not always mean better turnout.

Just my thoughts as we were originally going to play the CTS as a good series for our rookie teams but are waiting to make sure they have a rookie division. As of now we plan on sending 2-4 teams to the next event.

Matt
Action Park Paintball
Team Groundfire
Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM #53
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
APPA cuts out the sandbagging before it has a chance to happen. Plus, who is there to ensure the people in charge are actually looking players up?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 PM #54
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
That is if they register honestly. I've seen players register under their brothers name or a made up name with a fuzzy photo. It all comes back to being honest.
Dan
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM #55
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

I still think the appa is a good idea, even if some people slip through the cracks it will still weed out a large portion of people wanting to sand bag.

and the question was asked "who would check on these players to make sure they are indeed who they say they are" well I'm assuming one ( if not a few to verify everything ) of the refs from the psp clinic ( if you use that idea and I hope you do ) would.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM #56
Noob Baller123
eSKay

Cheaper series, less prizes. I never minded traveling far for good quality fields where better teams are ie (badlandz, asylum, pg ect). Seems to be that everyone is following psp because a. it's national and b. ramping guns. Take the series back to fields other than Indiana and see if you get more teams. Maybe if Kenny would take a vote to see if people like psp more than semi style then maybe the turn out would be better but idk. I was watching bunkerfest 2003 last night. ****s legit

Edit- I know if ramping does indeed go through one of the radar guns would be cheaper than appa wouldn't it? Also, I liked when there was 3 divisions and you played rookie, nov and am teams.

-Purdue-
S.D.Chargers Denver Nuggets
ScissKids-we go where the money goes
"I like crabs..not the kind Kenny has..but the ones you eat"-Charles Barkley

Last edited by Noob Baller123 : 04-03-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:38 PM #57
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

I think CTS should stick with semi personally, since not that many leagues do anymore + it cuts down on the cost of paint you'd be shooting.

but I hope you do make the changes that I suggested kenny, I think the league would be much better overall if you did do those 3 simple things.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 PM #58
RoninSkye
Fade into the backdrop

RoninSkye is a Moderator
RoninSkye is a Supporting Member
RoninSkye donated to help Peyton Trent
RoninSkye owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RoninSkye supports Bob Gurnsey
RoninSkye supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott7d View Post
I'm thinking about playing some CTS events this year. Would I even know anyone?

I'm sure some of you would be so happy to see me!
Me, do you really need to know anyone else?

To address issues I have seen since 2005 when I began playing CTS, I have noticed probably four different topics that seem to get hit on the most. Reffing, paint, fields, and sandbagging

Reffing - I see this as an issue both ways, in 2005 there weren't many times when a player was hit and actually played on. Usually from what I saw from the sidelines and even on the field, if you were shot...you walked off. The past couple years I have saw an increase in shady playing and questionable refs. Now, I will say that the issue is starting to get better and better with time and the refs last year did a good job making sure hit players were hit and clean players clean.

Paint - The paint from my experience minus a couple events in, 2006 I believe, where a player from Fallout admitted to getting stitched up and down his leg with 0 breaks during the course of an entire game we were gun battling, the paint has worked pretty much flawlessly. I really don't see this as an issue anymore, though I have took a small break since last year.

Fields - The fields have been iffy for me. My main concern has generally been the layout of the fields and less about the surfaces that the fields are on. I usually find myself trying to figure out exactly why on earth they set a field up a particular way rather then what town the field is located in. Although I will admit that some of the fields play much better then they appear. The fields CTS has been hosted at the past couple years have always had great fields and layouts, minus a few here and there.

Sandbagging - This is a bit harder to discuss since I generally don't keep track of who is what division and all of that stuff. I will just say that I KNOW players that have played out of division and claimed to be lower rankings. I don't think it is quite the difference makers then some people make it out to be however. Because a good TEAM, will always beat a team with a good single PLAYER.

Team Adversity