Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2009, 02:40 PM #22
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
i didnt play it because of the msxbl on the 4th. but was it ran pretty well? how many fields were up? and what about paint?

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM #23
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
war_kid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
war_kid is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
there was only 7 teams... I'd say only one field was up.

and you can tell by there only being 7 teams to show up about how many people were dissatisfied with the way the cts was ran last year.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM #24
maddawg8018
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad C. View Post
ha Cleebart didnt even bother to show up.
haha yeah. =P
Old 03-23-2009, 05:21 PM #25
woahzach

first event usually has the most registered too so I wonder how the rest of the year is going to be
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM #26
asylum1

has been a member for 10 years
asylum1 is an Ultimate field/store owner
How it was ran last year?

I am confused on the coment how was ran last year?

The CTS busts its but to deliver a consistent tournament series that has more to offer than most. Countless hours are invested to profit pennies, or at times lose $. Be specific if you can on how last season you was done wrong, so those that be can fix what is broken.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM #27
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum1 View Post

The CTS busts its but to deliver a consistent tournament series that has more to offer than most. Countless hours are invested to profit pennies, or at times lose $. Be specific if you can on how last season you was done wrong, so those that be can fix what is broken.
People have been complaining for years about simple things that are never fixed. For the past 4 years I have played events and it's always the same bad paint, bad fields (Not Asylum, but some of the fields have been pathetic), and no APPA.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:00 PM #28
woahzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
People have been complaining for years about simple things that are never fixed. For the past 4 years I have played events and it's always the same bad paint, bad fields (Not Asylum, but some of the fields have been pathetic), and no APPA.
I agree on the paint comment but the allstar shot great on sunday
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM #29
RBripper

I thought the tournament went very well. You can never control the weather but it was a beautiful day for paintball. Reffing could always be improved but thats paintball, a human being can only see so much at one time and paintball is a fast paced sport. The reffing was still better than it has been in the past though, a lot more on top of it. I really appreciate the photographers out there, its always nice getting to see some action pics from the day of play. The turf is always great, a lot better than the hard concrete dirt that used to be down there. Overall i think it was a great success for the first one for the year, minus the low amount of team showing. But the league cant control that. Just hope we can keep enough teams there to keep the prizes just as good everytime.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM #30
Gatekeeper#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum1 View Post

look guys here is a promoter that is trying to make things better for you. this is not the old cts help him out, tell him what you want. tell him what he is doing right and wrong in a constructive way. he only wants to put on a quality event so help him.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM #31
thekeirsh

$1000 dollars?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 PM #32
asylum1

Whats Best for the CTS

Do the teams want the cash more than the Prizes, just a thought. If the teams would have signed up, they would have had both. I know the team that won, sold 3 of the mini's for $200 each.

But does todays teams want a more afordable tourney, or great prizes?

The paint at future events will be ALL STAR, so hopefully the paint issues are solved, we will still have an economic choice for others.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 PM #33
RBripper

i think the CTS is already affordable enough. Some may say otherwise but i like have bigger prizes to play for. Its a pay off in the end and something to play for besides the good ole respect as a good team. I think the $1000 plus minis for first was gonna be amazing but it does take teams to pay money for a series to do prizes like that. In my opinion i think the prices/prizes is great and very reasonable. For the most part i would like to see more effort going into the refs knowing every rule and calling every call as close as possible. Like i said earlier they do a good job but i know the biggest arguments have always been how one team got treated more fairly than others and how this or that was a good call or bad call. Well i think in order for this to go away so everyone feels treated fairly, that every ref should be able to explain every rule that they call cause if they are gonna call it then they should know it front and back. This way if there is a discrepency then the refs can fully explain how and why to the player/team. In this case the player/team should give enough respect back to listen and learn cause once its all said and done its all over and nothing can be done about it. So maybe more clarification and understanding of the rules for both players and refs. Im sure that will be really hard but i think that is something that would set the CTS tournament series off a lot different from other tourny events.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM #34
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

the main problem is reffing. the reffing last year ( and apparently the previous years ) have been terrible. I know refs are people and they make mistakes but most of them didn't have a clue about what they were doing.

For this year I think it would be in your best interest to only have trained refs reffing each event. Meaning that you don't just have whatever field an event is being hosted at's home team reffing. I think that you should use the same refs for every event and mandate that they attend the psp reffing clinic your hosting. Or hire people to ref all the events that will be attending that clinic.

another issue is sand bagging. It's no secret they there has been plenty of it since this league was started. If you would incorporate APPA I belive this would eliminate the problem.I mean I honestly don't mind paying a few extra bucks to garuntee a fair tournament experience.

and as far as prizes go cash is always better. doing these hard economic times I know this would attract more teams, because I personally am struggling to be able to pay due to money and I'm sure most others have the same problem.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM #35
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by war_kid View Post
the main problem is reffing. the reffing last year ( and apparently the previous years ) have been terrible. I know refs are people and they make mistakes but most of them didn't have a clue about what they were doing.

For this year I think it would be in your best interest to only have trained refs reffing each event. Meaning that you don't just have whatever field an event is being hosted at's home team reffing. I think that you should use the same refs for every event and mandate that they attend the psp reffing clinic your hosting. Or hire people to ref all the events that will be attending that clinic.

another issue is sand bagging. It's no secret they there has been plenty of it since this league was started. If you would incorporate APPA I belive this would eliminate the problem.I mean I honestly don't mind paying a few extra bucks to garuntee a fair tournament experience.

and as far as prizes go cash is always better. doing these hard economic times I know this would attract more teams, because I personally am struggling to be able to pay due to money and I'm sure most others have the same problem.
the thing is APPA doesnt guarantee anything. Since SEPS started using it ive seen more people sandbag because since theyve never played an APPA event everyone is considered beginner and can play whatever division they want. I say APPA is NOT the way to go. Oh and compared to previous years the reffing was better. There were people who actually cared about the games enough to check people. In the past i dont think anyone cared enough to actually try and do a good job reffing
Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM #36
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

appa may not weed out all the players wanting to sand bag, but I know for a fact that it would help to eliminate a good amount of it. since most experienced players have played in leagues that use the appa program.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM #37
woahzach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
the thing is APPA doesnt guarantee anything. Since SEPS started using it ive seen more people sandbag because since theyve never played an APPA event everyone is considered beginner and can play whatever division they want. I say APPA is NOT the way to go. Oh and compared to previous years the reffing was better. There were people who actually cared about the games enough to check people. In the past i dont think anyone cared enough to actually try and do a good job reffing
I agree with the reffing comment. I have been checked in a game more times this first event then i had been checked all year last year.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 PM #38
ivJordaniv
bonus baller!

ivJordaniv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ivJordaniv supports Team VICIOUS
ivJordaniv supports Team VICIOUS
ivJordaniv supports Pev's Paintball
ivJordaniv plays in the APPA D4 division
Cool

hey does anybody have a opening in their team.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM #39
Gatekeeper#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
you was not at the the first seps.i was and didn,t see any sand bagging how ever the appa can be manipulated by those who have not played in a appa tourney and thats where the promoter can step in and make a informed decision in which division a team belongs and i personally think there should be 3 divisions (rookie, novice, and amateur) or d5, d4, d3 and higher
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 PM #40
asylum1

Reffing

I understand everyone concerned with the reffing issue. The thing is reffing has always been the obstacle paintball has had to over come since day one. I have played paintball at all levels and been involved with paintball for over 15 years, you want to know what has always keep going, because believe me I have had a many instances where reffing would have made me take my jersey off for good. And that is you are going to get by with some calls where you should be out, and your going to pay for those times when you get called out when you was'nt even hit. I know some of you might read too much into this and say cheat and see what you get by with, that is not at all what I am saying.

A funny thing people complained about last years reffing, it was the same reffs, I was on the field myself being the ultimate, I had to pull so many one for ones, something I do not like to do, I had reffs, that played paintball for more than most in this league, I can remember many compliments on the reffs last year, yeah your going to get some that felt they got the shaft in some way, or a call did'nt go the way they wanted to, but I don't think I have ever played a tournament where there was not one call I did not like, even tournaments that I had won. I can promise all the CTS teams out there I will always do my best and my reffs will do there best to try to make this series the best it can be.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:07 PM #41
war_kid
NK NK NK NK NK

they my have done better because they had at least a year of reffing under their belts. last year it seemed as though all the refs were new players with no real tournament experience themselves.

but how do you feel about using the appa system? it would make organizing these events much easier... not to mention that it would cut down on sand bagging...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 PM #42
asylum1

PSP reff clinic @ ASYLUM

the firsMSXL & PB Asylum, Louisville KY. PSP Referee Certification Clinic
The MSXL, PB Asylum PSP Referee Certification Clinic has been confirmed for April 25th & 26th and will be held at Paintball Asylum in Louisville KY.

What: PSP Official Referee Certification, 2 day Clinic
When: April 25th and 26th, 2009
Where: Paintball Asylum, Louisville KY, www.pbasylum.com
Register: ALL attendees must pre-register through PB Asylum (502)937-9370
Cost:$80 Includes a case of paint, Ask a MSXL host about MSXL Refs discount.
Class Limit:50
Suggested minimum age: 16

Clinic includes:
- Case of field paint
- Classroom training
- Topics covered to include, but not limited to: rules, positioning, safety, presentation, & attitude.
- Written test on PSP rules & in-game situations
- On field training!
- Performance evaluation in key areas
- PSP rulebook, including all Divisional RaceTo2/4/5/7
- Certificate of clinic completion*

Agenda: (Bring your gear and be prepared to ref live games.)
Saturday
- Check-in begins at 10:00 AM, classroom training to begin at 10:30 AM; clinic ends at 4:30 PM
Sunday
- Classroom begins at 10:00 AM, Live scrimmage reffing, clinic ends at 3:00 PM

ALL ATTENDEES MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE!!
MSXL Refs discount must be approved by a MSXL Event host in advance.

Registration for the MSXL & PB Asylum PSP Referee Certification Clinic can be emailed directly to kenny@pbasylum.com or by calling (502) 937-9370

If all spots are not filled before the clinic, limited walkup registration MAY be available. Any questions can be directed to Tim Schroepfer at clinics@pspevents.com
(Walkup registration fees must be paid in cash on the first day of the clinic.)

*Attendance/participation in a PSP certification clinic does not guarantee that you will be called upon to judge a national event for the PSP.
t of the fix, all cts reffs will attend