PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2001, 06:06 PM #64
BlindSeaman

has been a member for 10 years
No kidding, Speedy do you even KNOW how your marker works? Or any other stacked tube electro that is JUST LIKE IT? Hell, the timmy has more usefull features stock than your angel does. (i don't dislike angels bear in mind, I just get sick of people calling every other electro besides an angel a spyder clone)
Old 11-15-2001, 06:31 PM #65
Speedy
One shot One kill

Some people

Blindseaman: Yea, I know how my gun works; although I don't understand why they call it a 14 way.

Quote:
Hell, the timmy has more usefull features stock than your angel does.
Sorry to disappoint you but both guns only have one useful purpose and that is to paint people.

I just want you to know that even though I own an angel I do not think that it makes me a pro. I don't play any better because I have a 1400.00 gun. However: I seem to detect a hint of hostility in your post. Are you jealous because your gun doesn't tell you the temp.

Lighten up dood. The timmy is good bang for the buck but definately not the BEST marker out. IMO the angel isn't either though.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:43 PM #66
BlindSeaman

Really, the way you posted made it seem like timmy's are souped up spyders, whereas your angel is on another level. I hear that kind of mis-information all the time and it gets old. I have heard a couple mods from various boards call impulses blowback because of what they had heard. Jelousy? Maybe a little, but not much. I play against people who use angels all the time, some can kick my *** some wouldn't have a chance. Basically, i'm saying I agree with you about that. I just can't figure out why you made the post above, the only reason I want to see what it looks like is not for the dragon milling, but the overall new design of the marker.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:53 PM #67
Speedy
One shot One kill

umm!

yea! I want to see the gun too. From what I can gather from the previous posts it is just a pic of the body.

I can't find the post but there is one prior to my original post that said something to the affect that the new timmy was going to outshoot the angel and shoot straighter than the cocker. I figured one dumb comment deserved another. Actually, I was really bored normally I don't respond to things like that.

I am hopeing that the dragon will be really nice and reasonably priced. I need to sell my stuff and have a little less money tied up in equipment. I can buy more paint . I hope that the dragon has an enclosed bolt to keep the dirt and water out.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:03 PM #68
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Re: Some people

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedy
The timmy is good bang for the buck but definately not the BEST marker out. IMO the angel isn't either though.
The timmy is a kick *** gun. Bang for the buck? Come on. Its a kick *** gun. If it was $1200 you wouldn't say it was a low end gun, not meaning low end but not a top of the line gun. Its just Bob doesn't want to charge outragous prices for a paintball gun. If it was made in the UK I am sure it might be more due to getting the matrials for producing the gun. The timmy is 2 yrs(i think) old. The angel is what almost 8-9? I mean you know a lot about designing electro markers after 8 yrs. And since Bob didn't make a stack tubed design electro he couldn't really copy the Angel but then why would he?
IMHO The Excalibur is the best electro. Id take my personal timmy over it and the angel. I just don't get it. Why people think a $600-$500 less marker can't be just as good if not better than a $1200 one. I just don't get it. I am not trash talking the angel. I wouldn't turn one down if you gave it one to me. Sure it would be my back up gun but thats my preference. Come on, you'll never chop paint with the eyes, unless your like me and have it set to where the eye is off and that was only once in an entire case with it off.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:31 PM #69
elTwitcho

Re: umm!

Quote:
yea! I want to see the gun too. From what I can gather from the previous posts it is just a pic of the body.

I can't find the post but there is one prior to my original post that said something to the affect that the new timmy was going to outshoot the angel and shoot straighter than the cocker. I figured one dumb comment deserved another. Actually, I was really bored normally I don't respond to things like that.

I am hopeing that the dragon will be really nice and reasonably priced. I need to sell my stuff and have a little less money tied up in equipment. I can buy more paint . I hope that the dragon has an enclosed bolt to keep the dirt and water out.
Bad news for you. The dragon is not Bob's new gun. It's just a custom body for the intimidator, with 45 grips, semi board and some other goodies. Pics of Bob's new marker arent out yet, and probably wont be for a while. The dragon is some very very sexy milling, but it's still an exposed bolt timmy

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 11-15-2001, 08:22 PM #70
Speedy
One shot One kill

Omega6_virus

Did anybody say that the timmy was a low end gun?No! Did anybody say that a gun had to cost a lot of money to be good?No! Do me a favor, "if you are going to read my posts then don't insinuate **** that I did not say.

Quote:
If it was $1200 you wouldn't say it was a low end gun, not meaning low end but not a top of the line gun.
If it was $1200.00 I would say it was way overpriced just like I say about the angel.

Quote:
Its just Bob doesn't want to charge outragous prices for a paintball gun.
From what I've been told his new gun is suppose to be in excess of $1000.00. So you can quit preaching that bs to me.

If you have any other comments for me refer to the first paragraph. It really bothers me when people put words in my mouth. Take a reading comp class or something.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:26 PM #71
BlindSeaman

Read what he just wrote two posts up. He proved he isn't a half brained lamah goat thing! So, it would probably be nice if everyone stopped chewing him out, but hell its just advice so do what you want.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:40 PM #72
Speedy
One shot One kill

yea what he said

Blindseaman: Thanks

Eltwitcho: Thanks for the info. I thought that the dragon was Bobs new gun. Is the 45 grip the one that will be on Bobs gun?

Thanx
Old 11-15-2001, 09:38 PM #73
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Speedy: Damn dude. Don't get your panties in a bunch. It sounded like you where saying you gotta spend big $ to get a great gun.

And if you look at what the dragon includes you will see why he at least has a reason to charge $1000+.

BlindSeaman: I wasnt chewing anyone out. I was just expressing my opinoin. I wasn't trying to make him look bad or dumb or whatever.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:19 PM #74
Speedy
One shot One kill

Omega6_virus

IMO no gun is worth a $1000.00. They don't cost anywhere near that to manufacture. Like I said you will not play any better with the dragon than you will with standard timmy.

If you think that the dragon is worth a $1000.00 because it fixes some of the short comings(cosmetically or functionally) then you think the angel is worth the money (for the most part they are totally fixed except). When it comes right down to it you can be eliminated by a spyder just as easy as an angel.

The angels are overpriced because they are in the highest demand not because they make you a super player. Another reason angels are so expensive is because of the milling work which is exactly why the dragon is more expensive. The angel just like the dragon are guns that don't need to be upgraded in order to perform at there best. I don't understand why you say they can charge a $1000.00 for the dragon ,but a $1000.00 is a lot of money for an angel. That just shows that you are brand blind. Just because you own a timmy doesn't make it the best marker for everyone.

I just want to share some info. on how I choose a marker. This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I do not look at price (if I did I wouldn't have an angel) I try to figure out which gun has the least amount of items that "must" be upgraded to perform at it's best. I also look at reliability and which gun has the least amount of design blunders that may cause future problems (i.e. water getting in the electronics, dirt in the bolt,etc.).
That is why I own an angel. Yes the timmy is a good gun but some of the negatives that I discovered when I researched it were too significant for "me" (don't forget price didn't count). The new gun is suppose to fix these items but the price will go so high that Bob may lose some of his loyal customers to another brand. Just my opinion but I want you too understand that I do not flame any gun I just identify a guns "actual" faults. I just categorize markers based on these facts.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:54 PM #75
COCKER12
Petty Paintball

Can some one pleaseeee PM me a pic. yes I have seen it but some friends of mine want to see a picture of it and I don't have a copy of it to show them.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:09 PM #76
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

Speedy: Ill reply in the morning. Just to let you know I know the gun doesnt cost 1k to manufacture but you have to make profit. And I've always known the gun doesn't make the player. But the semi auto only board installed on all dragons will raise the ROF emensly, or so what I have heard from Vern and Morph who have them. Once I get my gun back I will fire as fast as I can on both boards in a timed period and see if its greatly different. Its not ment to be a technical test just a comparision to make sure it's worth what I paid.
and 1k to me is a lot for the angel. thats 1k without being C&C. And well anti chop eye and practicly tournament ready dragon would make it worth it to me. Not that angels arnt tourney read. with both dragon and lcd its add a drop and a tank. If the C&C angel was same as dragon it would be though for me to choose though the timmy does have SOB and ACE. Now just for arguements sake, you can get the timmy waterproofed to an extent. and the exal is open bolt and so is the impy but I haven't heard prob's with open bolt excal or timmy. But it that does depend on player style and location.
Not to brag but when I got my timmy I had close to 2k in my bank account. Angel and Excal where options for me. I chose the Timmy because of what it did offer. Excal woulda been my choice but the LCD, ACE,Bob long behind his gun(not that aka wouldn't be as nice in tech area) and price were a factor cause I sold everything I had for paintball and I coulda got an Angel and really nice stuff but then again I dont want an empty account. So it was down to Timmy and Angel and I chose the timmy cause of the price. I have only had one problem with my timmy that was not due to my own stupidity.
Thats all I gotta say.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:28 PM #77
jamielalib

can someone please pm me the pic?
Old 11-16-2001, 02:12 PM #78
elTwitcho

Re: yea what he said

Quote:

Eltwitcho: Thanks for the info. I thought that the dragon was Bobs new gun. Is the 45 grip the one that will be on Bobs gun?

Thanx
The dragon will come with a 45 grip, semi only board, volumizer, delrin bolt and cool milling with a custom highrise as well. Everything else from what I understand will be the same. So really, the dragon is just a custom timmy, sorta like an eclipse impulse vs regular impulse. All things that the dragon has that the timmy doesnt, with the exception of the custom milling, will be available for purchase on regular intimidators. So a person can upgrade their existing timmies to a point that it's identical to the dragon (except of course for..... milling!).

However, Bob also has a new gun in the works. It's totally a different marker from the timmy, though from what I understand it will have a similar stacked tube configuration and anti chop eyes. It is my understanding that the bolt will be enclosed, the gun will be smaller, there will be no LCD, a 45 grip frame will be standard issue, probably a semi only board, delrin bolt and the regs wont be as prominent. This gun is not the dragon timmy, or any timmy for that matter.

If you reread what I just posted, you'll notice I use alot of "it's my understanding" and "I believe", that's because Bob hasnt actually put out any information officially, so it's all really unofficial information on the new gun. Hope this clears things up somewhat

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 11-16-2001, 02:34 PM #79
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

neildepainter donated to help Peyton Trent
Yea, that about sums it up. That's the word that we've been hearing as well. With a few more details than that, but some things must be left to hide. Good job Twich. People are getting lost in the mix of things. Especially since it changes from week to week.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:24 PM #80
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
If someone could, could you send a pic to eastbayhardcore@hotmail.com
Old 11-17-2001, 12:43 PM #81
pr0kch0p
Fat Boys Are Back

i was just wondering what is the point of not posting the pic here, and rather sending to all who request it.

seems kind of ironic to me, anyways i would like to see it.

if someone would be so kind as to PM me the pic or email it to alexjones@dsl-only.net i would be most thankful.

Blue Fade Intimidator, 68/4500 Max-Attack, Blue 12v Revvy w/ X-Board and BallWhacker Mod, Chrome Drop Zone II, Lightweight Blue Mtn. Delrin Bolt, and More

Intimidator Owners Group Member #019

"As My Ideas Grow, You Shrink", Spongebob Squarepants To His Pencil
Old 11-17-2001, 03:54 PM #82
elTwitcho

From what I understand, they only sent the pic out to a few people anyhow, and I think they've stopped sending the pic out. Then again, maybe not

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 11-18-2001, 12:46 AM #83
in trauma
BEEP...BEEP... CLEAR!...

can i have a pic??
pretty please???

in_trauma@pbreview.com

"Money cant buy skill!"

quote by: Albert Einstein
"Two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity but, im not quite sure about the universe"
Old 11-20-2001, 12:00 AM #84
boost2much

Are they ever going to show it . All this talk and no damn pics