PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-29-2003, 10:20 AM #1
Dapaintpimp

has been a member for 10 years
New material for bumpers?

Hey does anyone know if Evil has found a new material for the bumpers? When my local shop owner got the Omen it worked fine, then about 2 weekes later it would shoot like 3-4 times then not recock. Well we called Evil (or pmi) come to find out the bumper was messed up, so the guy sent us like 2 dozen of the bumpers and he said that they were tring to find a new material for them. He also told us that we would need to change the bumpers atleast 2 times a day of rough play (i.e. tournaments)

Does anyone have any info?

Jay
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2003, 11:08 AM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
They NEED to, but there is no word yet. Maybe they could at least make them thicker....They could be custom made....

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:35 PM #3
Dapaintpimp

yeah one of my teammates work at a CNC shop and is tring new stuff out (i.e Teflon)
Old 08-29-2003, 11:32 PM #4
NCETRY
Solid Alaska

Talked to them a week ago and they said in September they should have some new bumpers out. They said they will be alot more durable.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:35 PM #5
Froth
Offset is everything.

Froth is a Moderator
Froth is a Supporting Member
Froth is BST Trusted
Froth helped look for balloons
Froth supports our troops
Urethane.
Do not click this.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:54 PM #6
DaCow

I was thinking about using that clear plastic hose that you use in fish tanks/beer brewing/other things involving alcohol, but honestly I've been running the same bumper for weeks now (it's starting to tear now cause it got pinched).

Here's my suggestion for prolonging the life of the bumper; don't adjust the recock so high. I know how Evil suggests it be adjusted...and that works, but it is hard on the bumper. Basically, if you're out playing and have either a tank that will get you decent amount of shots (basically anything larger than a 68/3000) or have a play style that doesn't require you to lay out alot of paint....set the recock low.

For me personally, running about 295fps, setting the recock 1.5-1.75 turns out from bottom will get me good shots down to about 800psi. From that point on the marker will sometimes not recock, but I've also ran thru pretty much all the paint I carry into a game. Now granted for tournaments I will be setting the recock higher so I can run my tank right into the ground and get that extra pod...but short of that...why bother?

I'll prolly change out the bumper for some soft clear plastic hose in the next week, just to see how it works. I'll keep you guys posted.