Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2009, 07:18 PM #1
Kelen

Kelen plays in the PSP
Kelen supports Cereal Killerz 2
Kelen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
People like loosing their eyes?

So, i used to work at a paintball field for over a year. i quit. but i play there regularly. I would give safety speeches and everything, about how to keep your mask on until your past the mesh gate. BUT NOOOOOOO, people just love taking their masks off. WHY.
last weekend, some guy, in the middle of a firefight, just puts his mask on his head to talk on the phone. I start yelling at him and he's like whats your problem, and keeps on talking. In the past ive had to tackle people.... and slam their masks down on their faces.
and its nothing to do with not understanding english, its just pure stupidity.
i thought people enjoyed their eyesight.
i constantly see people taking their masks off and i get pissed. they wonder why.
i had a close call my self. i was running, i tripped (haha) and my vents flew off.
i covered my eyes and my face and hands got lit up. close call.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 PM #2
diablo8264

I couldnt read ur paragraph, try not pressing enter after every sentence.

In response, yah i play with ought eyecovers every day.
diablo8264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM #3
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

people are stupid. they always think "oh, not me!" and they never learn until it does happen and there's nothing that can be done about it.

i say let 'em lose their eyes. this is why i quit reffing rec games. i was tired of being responsible for some jackass who lifts his mask in the middle of the game then having to run across the field screaming my head off at them, tackle them, cover their face, then get *****ed/screamed at by them because i tackled them to keep their ugly *** faces in one piece.

**** people.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 03-26-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 PM #4
flicknetcher

has been a member for 10 years
Let them learn and worry about yourself. Tell them once and let them go form there.
flicknetcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM #5
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
i couldnt agree more

the first time i ever played paintball i made the connection that if i remove the safety device off my face i will be shot in the eye.

that are people thinking nowadays

ive seen people take off their mask to aim

i think the one i hate most is when people take thier mask off when they are hit thinking that its a sign showing that they're out

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 AM #6
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

they think it will happen to someone else little do they realize they are someone else to someonte else

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 PM #7
Kelen

Kelen plays in the PSP
Kelen supports Cereal Killerz 2
Kelen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAuthorityX View Post
i couldnt agree more

the first time i ever played paintball i made the connection that if i remove the safety device off my face i will be shot in the eye.

that are people thinking nowadays

ive seen people take off their mask to aim

i think the one i hate most is when people take thier mask off when they are hit thinking that its a sign showing that they're out
its hillarious when people take their mask off because they got gogged.
I MEAN one day, some loser is going to be playing woodsball with an ego on ramp/bounce and hes going to pop the kid in the gog, then let go, but the ramp continues for a few extra shots. kids gunna get blasted in the eye
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM #8
JLobes
Speedball in the woods.

People have become pretty desensitized to warning/safety speeches. Most people dismiss them as "Something they have to tell us" and not a serious warning.

I used to ref at an outdoor field as part of a sponsorship deal for my scenario team, and when I did I carried this picture of a paintball vs. eye injury with me. After the "You must keep your mask down at ALL TIMES whenever you are inside the netting" speech, reach in your pocket, pull the picture out and pass it around the group, point out the stitches. People generally get the idea after they see the consequences of lifting their masks on the field.

It also doesn't hurt if you institute a field rule (Put it on your waivers, explain it verbally with the rest of your safety talk), that lifting your mask on the field will result in immediate ejection from the field with no refund.

If people aren't convinced by the threat of serious personal injury or by losing the money they just spent to entertain themselves for the day, there's not much else you can do.
JLobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:55 PM #9
grrthetree

Let them get injured and learn something?
grrthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 PM #10
pbf_98
Zombie baller

pbf_98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbf_98 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
its just something that happens, people are stupid, at the field I work at at least 2 people a day do it, you have to get over it, yes it is a big insurance deal... but you yell at them, and take them off the field for the next game so they have time to think about how stupid they were...
I have had to blow the horn on multiple matches because of people being stupid, and couple times with our last set of masks, they were runnin and tripped, and bye bye goggles...

Intimidators Own!
Clear Halo V35
2k4 Species Intimidator
pbf_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:00 PM #11
inoops
punctuations r 4 suckers

inoops helped look for balloons
Its just the world telling you that there is something wrong with humans now and days....
(¸.·'´ (¸.·'´*¤* `'·.¸) `'·.¸)
◄VA ball'er Rep with pride►
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, es Spiritus Sancti
inoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:37 AM #12
prototrix09

You see the thing is, their parents take them out for like a birthday party, or maybe just a trip to show their parents how safe paintball is, to convince them to buy them a gun. But what I continually see at fields are (mostly kids) but grown men and women take tier mask off because its too hot or they cant see out of them because there fogging up. I have seen someone get shot in the eye, and it wasn't a nice site to see in the long run. What i think, is that they think its OK to take them off even when there are games were 50vs50 people, some ramping, some with the Tippmann auto-response trigger which is basically full auto, those guns are NOT allowed in our park. But to the main point, i just think after the 2 minute orientation they still don't listen to what we have to say. All i have to say is THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 AM #13
moreys

moreys owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
moreys owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
moreys has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
moreys is attending Decay of Nations VII
moreys supports DLX Technology
I don't under stand why you wouldn't wear your mask but I also see dumb people taking them of on the fields
moreys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM #14
iLIKEunicorns

no one like balls in their eyes....no perv
iLIKEunicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 AM #15
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototrix09 View Post
You see the thing is, their parents take them out for like a birthday party, or maybe just a trip to show their parents how safe paintball is, to convince them to buy them a gun. But what I continually see at fields are (mostly kids) but grown men and women take tier mask off because its too hot or they cant see out of them because there fogging up. I have seen someone get shot in the eye, and it wasn't a nice site to see in the long run. What i think, is that they think its OK to take them off even when there are games were 50vs50 people, some ramping, some with the Tippmann auto-response trigger which is basically full auto, those guns are NOT allowed in our park. But to the main point, i just think after the 2 minute orientation they still don't listen to what we have to say. All i have to say is THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE!
That's interesting. I worked at a field for 3 years and the people who I saw taking off their masks the most were middle-aged men. The thing is, most of these guys had the type of personality where they think they are somehow more knowledgeable than people who are younger than them, which really screwed the reffing staff over since the majority of them were under 20 years old (including myself). Thus every time we would reprimand these guys for taking off their masks they would just tell us some variation of "yeah, I get it" while giving one of those "I'm older so I don't have to listen to you" looks.

I guess some people think their pride is more important then their eyesight.

Last edited by EmpireEmperor : 05-18-2009 at 12:11 AM.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 AM #16
cook23
asjflkadsjfkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireEmperor View Post
That's interesting. I worked at a field for 3 years and the people who I saw taking off their masks the most were middle-aged men. The thing is, most of these guys had the type of personality where they think they are somehow more knowledgeable than people who are younger than them, which really screwed the reffing staff over since the majority of them were under 20 years old (including myself). Thus every time we would reprimand these guys for taking off their masks they would just tell us some variation of "yeah, I get it" while giving one of those "I'm older so I don't have to listen to you" looks.

I guess some people think their pride is more important then their eyesight.

A little kid probably doesn't know any better (although it's repeated numerous times throughout the day). If you yell at a kid to put his mask on, 99% of the time, you won't have to do it again. But when there are older men and women take their masks off in a game. Seriously? You're an adult, you're supposed to set an example.

One day, I was reffing and this guy (about ten years older than me) was playing with his mask on top of his head. I told him, "Put your mask on," and he said, "Mind your own business." I replied with, "It is my business when I need to call the ambulance because you get shot in the eye." He began yelling at me, calling me selfish (ironic, huh?). I eventually had to call the manager over the radio to take care of him.

"Originally posted by Ionic Moron: Think of it as a battle scar, personally, I name the ones that stick around for more than a month. Archie died last week :("
"Originally posted by AirSin2000: walking and talking all bad on the field cuz you shoot a G3 and then BAM MOTHER****ER, you got "yo bada$$ shot up" by a pump player!"
"Originally posted by amhildreth: cook23 FTW!"
"Originally posted by Spock: And not good for humanity, since it is sold by Walmart, and Walmart is the one true incarnation of Satan.
cook23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 AM #17
Wolfness
The Shaman of Sexy

Where i play people are pretty good with rules, the rules about masks is enforced strictly hell after a game, there was nobody on the field i went to pick up a pod and i had to still wear a mask. I guess it goes to each you a force of habit to get used to do it each and everytime you go out there regardless if its for a game or retrieve a pod.
Wolfness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:29 PM #18
SpeedballC

Idk about anyone but I'd soon just call myself out then lose an eye
SpeedballC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 AM #19
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
people are stupid. they always think "oh, not me!" and they never learn until it does happen and there's nothing that can be done about it.

i say let 'em lose their eyes. this is why i quit reffing rec games. i was tired of being responsible for some jackass who lifts his mask in the middle of the game then having to run across the field screaming my head off at them, tackle them, cover their face, then get *****ed/screamed at by them because i tackled them to keep their ugly *** faces in one piece.

**** people.
Yeahh, if someone tackled me to the ground and threw their hands on my face, Id be pretty pissed off too, you should try yelling at them, it works a lot better...

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 AM #20
txaggie08

We enforced masks strictly. I've ejected people from games a few times for not keeping masks on, even had some heated words with a few of them.

Nothing drove me more crazy than the "I don't speak english well" student groups we would get. after the third time I showed you, you understood me.
Proudest member of the Fightin Texas Aggie class of 08 Beat the h*** outta tu A Whoop!!!!. May bonfire forever burn in our hearts.....and may the Twelfth Man ever burn it in memory and in hope for the future.

Feedback
PBF
AO
txaggie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM #21
awakened

awakened has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
awakened has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i hate that and luckily my goggles have a chin thing to keep them from falling off
awakened is offline   Reply With Quote