Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
Tippmann A-5 End Cap Recall

Quote:
Tippmann Sports is issuing a voluntary recall of certain end cap assemblies on selected Tippmann® A-5® paintball markers. The markers affected by this recall have serial numbers between 0409301 and 0422200, and were sold by Tippmann Sports to dealers and distributors between May 23, 2008 and September 24, 2008. Tippmann Sports has determined that some of these end cap assemblies may present a safety issue under certain conditions because there is a potential for the end cap assembly to break and/or eject. As a result, Tippmann Sports is recalling and replacing all affected end cap assemblies from the marketplace.

Customers should stop selling the affected A-5 paintball markers immediately. In addition, consumers with A-5 markers with these serial numbers should stop using them immediately.

RETAILERS

Retailers should inspect their inventory and quarantine any A-5 markers of any configuration with a serial number in the range 0409301 to 0422200. The serial number is found on the back or side of the packaging. The serial number is also engraved on the left side of the marker near the front grip.

Contact Tippmann Sports at (866) 841-3029 (260-749-6022, extension 3149 from outside the United States) or email recall@tippmann.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it to arrange for free repair kits or to arrange a return of the inventory within the serial number range.

SERIAL NUMBERS OF AFFECTED MARKERS

This voluntary recall is only for A-5 paintball markers of any configuration within the serial number range 0409301 to 0422200. Serial numbers ending in an “R” have already been repaired and are not included in this recall.

CONSUMERS

Consumers should contact Tippmann Sports at (866) 841-3029 (260-749-6022, extension 3149 from outside the United States), go to www.tippmann.com/recall or send email to recall@tippmann.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it to obtain a free repair kit. This kit will include a new end cap assembly. Please have the serial number of the product available.

Note: Not all end cap assemblies which look like this are involved in this recall. Check the marker serial number. Only markers with serial number 409301 – 422200 are involved in this recall.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your efforts to help us resolve this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Tippmann Sports, LLC

Last edited by Whiteyboy : 06-09-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Whiteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM #2
rjy0001

i received mine a couple weeks ago. meh.
rjy0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 PM #3
conscript37
The first guy to get shot

wow, go figure
all of a sudden im glad i got a pro-lite
course then theres that recall on my car...
conscript37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:24 PM #4
ScarletKnight94

Doesn't really matter if you've put a stock on it. I don't know that many people who didn't.
ScarletKnight94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:58 PM #5
narib2008

Wow this is amazing....About a year ago i bought a brand new a5.The guns end cap cracked during the first game and ejected the spring/pin/and parts of the cap.My brother was using this gun when it happend and cracked the mask and damaged his face!!!I sent several e-mails to tippmann about this,however they seemed to ignore them after the first few.I demanded a new gun and they never did anything.Looks like it has happend to several others as well...
narib2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:48 PM #6
GreyFox57

im thinkin of getting this
GreyFox57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 PM #7
Benzin Bruder
Gasoline Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by narib2008 View Post
Wow this is amazing....About a year ago i bought a brand new a5.The guns end cap cracked during the first game and ejected the spring/pin/and parts of the cap.My brother was using this gun when it happend and cracked the mask and damaged his face!!!I sent several e-mails to tippmann about this,however they seemed to ignore them after the first few.I demanded a new gun and they never did anything.Looks like it has happend to several others as well...
Go online to their website. Drill down to one of their toll free contact numbers and call them. I have delt w/ Tippmann on the phone a number of times. I have a very hard time believing they will ignore you if you contact them again. Have the serial no. available. If you still have the mask and broken parts be sure to keep them. I recommend you take E-photos of the broken parts and damaged mask in order to email them to Tippmann.

Good luck.
Es fließt durch meine Venen
Es schläft in meinen Tränen
Es läuft mir aus den Ohren
Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Last edited by Benzin Bruder : 06-11-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Benzin Bruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:24 PM #8
pntball sniper

Wow, I just saw this but I was lucky and mine wasn't effected. Hope the people that are don't have any problems or at least have a replacement they can use.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:02 AM #9
m24swsbar

m24swsbar owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
so if you put a stock on it this dosent really mattere right?
m24swsbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:00 PM #10
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by m24swsbar View Post
so if you put a stock on it this dosent really mattere right?
The stock replaces the end cap, so this would not be a concern.

If your markers falls within the affected serial number range, I would still contact Tippmann about a new end cap just in case you ever want to remove the stock.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:50 AM #11
KILCHAM

My A5 had serial lower than the recalled but the end cap busted lost my firing pin and back spring. Called Tippmann they apologized and sent me all new parts free within 5 business days. A+ TIppmann customer service.
KILCHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM #12
bebopblues2071

just did my recall through the tippmann web site. With in 10 min. I got a response email saying "will ship one out". Way to go Tippmann. I'm slowly become a Full on tippy fan boy!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM #13
louiej15

This is good news. i'm thinking about getting an a5 used. i've had a 98 for years, but i can't seem to get away from tippmann.
louiej15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM #14
chase113

if I have a stock is it fine then?
chase113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 AM #15
yourpunisher

will they send you a new end cap out if your serial number doesn't fall in those numbers they have supplied? Just feel safer with my head behind the gun if i know i have a working end cap and dont have to worry about it possibly shooting back in my face through my mask
yourpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 AM #16
M.DAGGER

just got mine for free
M.DAGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM #17
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase113 View Post
if I have a stock is it fine then?
Correct, the recall only affected A-5's with end caps. A-5's with stocks are were affected by the recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpunisher View Post
will they send you a new end cap out if your serial number doesn't fall in those numbers they have supplied? Just feel safer with my head behind the gun if i know i have a working end cap and dont have to worry about it possibly shooting back in my face through my mask
If your serial number does not fall between the serial numbers listed your marker should be fine. You can also call and speak to a Tippmann rep if you are worried through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.DAGGER View Post
just got mine for free
Glad to see this is still helping people out. to Tippmann.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 PM #18
tloi26

thank you
tloi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 AM #19
noguyin

Thanks for info
noguyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM #20
Dragoniteflame

good it is not mine.
Dragoniteflame is offline   Reply With Quote