PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 PM #1
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

**Laureate's Ultimate Debate**

Welcome ST:R/P regulars, spammers and trolls!

The Ultimate ST:R/P Debate Thread
This thread represents the first attempt at a formal debate in this public forum. The teams have been decided and the vote on a subject has been tallied. I would like to personally thank everyone who signed up for putting your faith in me and I'd also like to give sincere acknowledgment to Laureate for this great idea. My hope is that with proper direction and support from all of you, this can spawn a whole new tradition of threads in ST and hopefully take the petty arguing that we're all so used to and channel it into a new and positive direction.

The concept for this particular debate can be surmised as SWITCHING TEAMS. I've placed the participants on fairly even teams that could be described as the Religious and Irreligious people. The point of this isn't to spawn another combative fight like we've all seen in this forum before. Instead, each team will adopt the OPPOSITE position that they would normally in the forum. This way, they will be forced to educate and inform themselves and their team on what would be the opposite position and then defend it in the debate. The entire point of this debate is to broaden our collective minds and educate the forum at large.
The Irreligious: Presenting the AFFIRMATIVE Approach
  • Laureate
  • Crede777
  • Flying_Dutchman
  • Spock
  • warbeak2099
  • Mike.Sen

The Religious: Presenting the NEGATIVE Approach
  • markcheb
  • Mastermind26
  • shaka zulu
  • fainerbainer
  • IoNxRoCkEr
  • hsilman

Due to overwhelming majority, the chosen topic is RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN.
Proposition: Many families in America as well as the rest of the world choose to raise their children from birth to believe and practice a specific creed. The result of this practice is a continued tradition of individuals whose entire lives are steeped in religious doctrine and dogma. Generations are therefore bred, if you will, with a predisposition to religious affiliation.
The first section of posts will be the CONSTRUCTIVE posts. Feel free to communicate with your team members to decide how to proceed. You may also PM me if you have any questions, need guidance on forming an argument or just to keep me posted on how things are progressing. Since this is the first debate, I'm going to be really lax on time limits, but we should aim to have the first affirmative and negative posts up by the weekend.

**NOTA BENE: If your username is not mentioned in the team list, it means you were not invited to partake in this thread. Please help this effort by refraining from posting in the thread until the debate has officially ENDED, that way we can keep the debate posts at the beginning of the thread in archive. If you wish to recommend an idea or give advice, feel free to send a PM to myself or a team member.**

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]

Last edited by Derr : 04-01-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM #2
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

saved

ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM #3
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

saved again

Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 PM #4
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

and again

Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 PM #5
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

saverd

Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM #6
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
This is going to spiral out of control very quickly I predict.
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM #7
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Can you guys delete your posts please? Read the first post.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 PM #8
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
wtf no debate? I deleted my first post for naught.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 PM #9
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We're working on our points. It's taking longer than expected tho.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote