Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2009, 02:01 PM #43
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Yes, I DO believe that a bushmaster can be made just as good as any ego. they're the same basic design, why wouldn't they have the same performance? There's a very strong underground ICD group committed to making compete with newer markers.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2009, 02:02 PM #44
euphoria526
Music Man

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenj87 View Post
hahahahhaaaaaaahahahahhahah my brother had a fully upped promaster that he dumped like 800 bucks into and i would rather take a piss on the gun than use it over any ego. he sold it on ebay for 130 and no matter how he tried to tune his promaster it was always pretty hard on paint and would usually get a leak about once a day with the promaster. once i bought an ego he was amazed at the night and day difference in every way possible that he bought an ego that day when he got home. so with your statement youd rather shoot your upped promaster over an sl8r or sl94? if you say yeah you have zero idea what your talking about and your only saying this because its what you have. i was the same way with a mini for about 2 weeks. im not saying he should stay away from this gun because its an icd im saying he should try and stay away from any gun pre 05 maybe 04 at the latest. prices on them have dropped like crazy and if you shop around and find 05 egos for 275 not to mention a pmr or even a dm. but hey listen to this guy he would rather shoot his modded/upped promaster over any other poppit marker.

yeah i dunno about dumping $800 into it and it still not working, your bro has some issues if he can't get it to shoot properly.

hell i remember when people preferred bushy's to shockers because of the weight AND bps difference.....

but i agree, get off of PE's nuts and ditch the hype. open your eyes you blind little sheep you.......

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.
euphoria526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM #45
PaintballBenny
how you ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codymm1014 View Post
wow. It would do you some good to calm down and read. One, I said MOST any other poppit. Am I saying that because I have it? I do own one right now, but have shot most other high ends as well. I would take my promaster over an 05 ego, and for the money over an 06 ego. I would take it over most timmys to, although I'd rather shoot a bob long timmy over the oh-so-overhyped ego. Night and day difference between the two? Really? Lets see. My promaster has less kick than the ego's I have shot, is just as efficient if set up right, I like the feel of my promaster better, and oh, its cheaper

So please get off of Planet Eclipse's nuts. Im not even ragging on egos. They are nice guns. But for the price they cost? Not worth it at all. And if your brother can not get a Promaster to work, then neither is his ego. And dumping 800 into a Promaster? Really? Is that even ****ing possible?

And btw: I dont give a **** about semi anyways, all I play is pump now. Largely because of people like you with egos, who sit and spray.

And to the OP: Gun choice is almost 100% personal preference. If you like the gun, and feel youre getting a pretty good value out of it, then thats what you should get. Dont listen to fanboys, and just make an educated decision.
what ego have you been shooting? ego>any ICD gun i've never shot a promaster with less kick than an ego.

and he's not an PE fanboy, he's speaking the truth. thats like saying if you told me your spyder was better than my dm7 and i said "no way" then you saying "you're a big dye fanboy"

also, you're post about "people like you who with egos who just sit and spray" makes you sound like a massive tool because you say promasters are better than egos, well if thats true then if he has an ego and you your promaster, whats to stop you from spraying right back? according to you they are better so how are you at a disadvantage with a promaster if he has an ego?

Last edited by PaintballBenny : 04-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.
PaintballBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:09 AM #46
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Yes, I DO believe that a bushmaster can be made just as good as any ego. they're the same basic design, why wouldn't they have the same performance? There's a very strong underground ICD group committed to making compete with newer markers.
I will join you in the fire and stand by this remark. The two are functionally almost identical. Price is not equal to quality. Price does not make a gun "high-end". That is a term I don't believe in. There are and have been some very high quality guns made to be relatively inexspensive. And when the Bushy came, it was one of those guns. Still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria526 View Post
yeah i dunno about dumping $800 into it and it still not working, your bro has some issues if he can't get it to shoot properly.

hell i remember when people preferred bushy's to shockers because of the weight AND bps difference.....

but i agree, get off of PE's nuts and ditch the hype. open your eyes you blind little sheep you.......
Ha ha. When Shockers were first released, literally EVERY gun on the market was lighter, smaller, and faster (and probably more efficient). I don't know how they ever got so popular. Yet back then, this was "high-end".

I remember wondering why people just didn't use 'Cockers instead of these. They were faster, much more efficient, they were still closed bolt, and were generally much cheaper (you could get a basic 'Cocker with some decent ups for about $500, almost half the cost of the Shocker when it first came out); yet so many people swore that the Shocker made 'Cockers "obsolete".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballBenny View Post
what ego have you been shooting? ego>any ICD gun i've never shot a promaster with less kick than an ego.

and he's not an PE fanboy, he's speaking the truth. thats like saying if you told me your spyder was better than my dm7 and i said "no way" then you saying "you're a big dye fanboy"

also, you're post about "people like you who with egos who just sit and spray" makes you sound like a massive tool because you say promasters are better than egos, well if thats true then if he has an ego and you your promaster, whats to stop you from spraying right back? according to you they are better so how are you at a disadvantage with a promaster if he has an ego?
He's probably got a really nice Promaster. There ain't much you need to do to make one of these suckers rock the speedball field. Buy a new feedneck, barrel, HPR, LPR, board,eBay/Zenitram/Vapor valve, and crammer (replaces hammer), add in a T2 kit if you're rocking a Bushmaster. After all that's in there, balance the regs, tweak the valve spring, and set the board up. The key is tuning with almost any gun. And I swear, a well tuned PM/BM will run no problem with the big dogs, and this setup will only run you $350-$450. High quality for less than half the price of a new Ego.

Without all those adjustments, I'd say the stock PM/BM is in the same performance range of a *nice* Ion, G3, Mini, etc. But they can (cheaply) be made to roar.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM #47
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballBenny View Post

lol. Im saying you dont need to spend the ****ing ridiculous money on a gun like the ego, to get a gun that shoots IMO just as good. I dont like the way egos shoot. I really dont like them in general. They are over priced, over hyped guns that shoot identical if not worse than a lot of the other poppits out on the market.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 PM #48
MagFan

^^I don't know if I'd go that far. Ego's are pretty slick. I've never really had good luck with the Zick, though.

I'm just saying PM/BM's can give pretty much identical performance.
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

Old 04-05-2009, 12:25 PM #49
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

I just dont like them. Its all personal preference. But I think you can get identical performance if not better for a lot less than the cost of an ego.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:28 PM #50
MagFan

Oh I agree completely with that statement.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM #51
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

I'm_Addicted owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The only problem with ICD guns is that you have to have half a brain to tune them properly....hence why the majority of the little kids that bought them/ couldnt figure them out/ told all there friends they suck, dont like them.
Ego is a poppit valve...oh and so are the bushmasters. If you cut an ego and a bushy in half and looked at the internals you would see they are the same.

In the end, ICD made some quality stuff and I cant wait to see what they come out with in the future.
I'm_Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM #52
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo

Ionic Moron helped look for balloons
Ionic Moron owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ionic Moron supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuxXarD View Post
I had one.
ACI makes them, I know that.
I have his. ACI makes them, I know that.
Ionic Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:18 PM #53
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_Addicted View Post
The only problem with ICD guns is that you have to have half a brain to tune them properly....hence why the majority of the little kids that bought them/ couldnt figure them out/ told all there friends they suck, dont like them.
Ego is a poppit valve...oh and so are the bushmasters. If you cut an ego and a bushy in half and looked at the internals you would see they are the same.

In the end, ICD made some quality stuff and I cant wait to see what they come out with in the future.
Exactly, they took a bit more knowledge to work properly, but anyone with half a brain can learn to do it if they take the time.

They got out of paintball so we won't be seeing anything by them anymore. they still make elevator parts though, in case you're interested
Old 04-05-2009, 01:41 PM #54
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
They got out of paintball so we won't be seeing anything by them for the time being. they still make elevator parts though, in case you're interested
fixed
I'm_Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:46 PM #55
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
naw they're out for good; unless you have some sort of inside information that nobody else knows, I'm not sure why you're saying that.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 AM #56
MagFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_Addicted View Post

I don't think they are that hard to tune. You always want to balance the reg's with just about any gun out there; setting up the valve correctly is a must if you want ANY poppet out there to perform it's best; and every board needs to have a dwell and debounce set. I think it was just too economically priced. Too many inexperienced kids picking one up. Anyone who can tune a 'Cocker can tune an Ego can tune an Intimidator can tune a Bushmaster/Promaster. And after these, spoolies are simple to figure out.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:19 AM #57
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
ive only had bad experiences with ICD guns. and yes, i know how to tune my guns.
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 AM #58
MagFan

I've never had any issues with my ICD's over the years.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM #59
MuthaFunk
Shootn myballs at yo face

I have both the Ego and a max'd Bushmaster 2000. I love the Bushmaster and play with it more than the ego but if your not into doing mods, a stock 05Ego is a better marker for the same money as an upped Bushy. My little Bushmaster does shoot better than my upped EGO 05. The Ego is lighter, and beats it in efficiency by a little. The Bushmaster is smoother, quieter, and just as accurate.

Here is some comparison pics:

Here is a picture of another Bushy that feels great and shoots almost as good as an 05/06 Ego. Assembled price of this one using used aftermarket parts was $250 with anti-chop ram.

The overall design is the same. Tuning an Ego is very similar to tuning a Bushmaster. If you don't wish to fuel the EGO machine, a Bushmaster may be just the ticket. The ICD community both here on PBN and www.icd-owners.com are very supportive with any new owner. Offering sound advice and helpfull tips on how to keep those ICD markers mowing faces.
#1 Place For ICD PARTS and INFO - www.icd-owners.com

[Feedback:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post29671083
MuthaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM #60
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
I was wondering if youd' show up with those pictures
Old 04-06-2009, 04:16 PM #61
MagFan

Man that bugger's hot! Is that the SCMII you got on there? Good call.

I picked up two 2k4 Bushmasters on eBay at the end of last summer for, I kid you not, $45 shipped to my door. Bone stock, but still. One will be my next "super gun", and I'm not sure what I want to do with the other.

EDIT: By the way, your gun there is the exact reason I love ICD gats.

Last edited by MagFan : 04-06-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM #62
DonF

Hey I want the 3 minutes I wasted reading this thread back! Who let the 12 year olds with Ions and Promasters in!!!! LOL
Old 04-06-2009, 05:22 PM #63
curly2k3
O' Herro Preeeez

curly2k3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
curly2k3 is Legendary
for the tards who are blatantly talking out of their bums in this thread...

think about what PE made before Egos... interesting how Bushies and Cockers were what put them on the map, and taught them everything they know... but they must suck because everyone shoots an ego, right?

needless to say, if you are into the classic style guns, get it. Bushies, Defiants, ect... were fantastic guns, and are always going to be the magical gun to shoot for those certain people.

I have owned EVERYTHING under the sun basically, from $1800 cockers imported from Denmark, to every generation of Egos, to every MacDev marker, to the old Spyder AMG Classic. I can honestly say, that ICD made great products, there is no denying it. Their regs were horrible, I openly agree to that statement, but whats a CP reg or something... $20-50 bucks? psh.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post79642895
curly2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote