PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2009, 03:54 PM #22
euphoria526
Music Man

has been a member for 10 years
ur mom is crap.....

bushies are great for busting out when everyone at the field has the same gun. dont listen to these kids who are talking crap on it. especially if the cap nowadays is 10 BPS, some fields will limit this and it has no problems at that speed. if you go faster then you might get some chops, but its nothing some TLC can help

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.
euphoria526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 03:58 PM #23
CyberdynesModels101
Equity Analyst

CyberdynesModels101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CyberdynesModels101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CyberdynesModels101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballBenny View Post
icd is crap.
Not at all
Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM #24
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Instead of getting a bushmaster, try getting a Promaster. Based on the same platform, but are much smaller, and much newer. They can be had for the same price. I've had two Promasters, and to be completely honest, I like them just as much as any other gun Ive tried, including the newer DM's, Ego's, etc...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 PM #25
PaintballBenny
how you ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberdynesModels101 View Post
Not at all
ya actually.
PaintballBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 PM #26
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
ya actually.
Present some facts before you start bashing things. Nobody respects the opinion of somebody who can't back up what they claim to be true.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 PM #27
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
really? for $100 i can pick up a b2k4 with eyes
For another $30 or so i can get a chaos/nox board for it
A sonic, aka, or palmers lpr will cost $50ish
toss in the mandatory regulator for another $60 or so
What are we up to? $240?
a clamping feedneck can be had for around $20

That's $260 and youre' getting a marker that's a bit larger, a bit heaver than new markers that can keep up with them.

You say the tray is making it too big and tall? That's ok, ICD greg makes a frame for it that deals with that issue; it costs $125 it's got one hell of a trigger on it too.

That's a grand total of $385 for a marker the size of an ego for significantly cheaper that will preform nearly exactly the same.
DM4s with UL Frames and c lever feedneck ring can be gotten for almost half that if I remember right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberdynesModels101 View Post
Not at all
I've yet to see an ICD gun that works well/better than most other guns. Then again I've only seen a few people with them locally within the past 4-5 years.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 PM #28
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Id rather shoot my modded/upped promaster than most any other poppit.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:05 PM #29
euphoria526
Music Man

yeah. so i think he's also saying that the PE sucks because they used to make bushies.
i bet he shoots an ego.
and the bonebreak bushies, yeah they really suck! there not as light or maybe even lighter then an ego, so they must be bad
: MEGA dodgey:

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:59 PM #30
Gary

I have a freestyle for sale for less than a bushmaster, needs some orings, but its under $100,shoot a pm
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 PM #31
SuxXarD (Banned)
RIP Rob Kerr, we miss you

SuxXarD helped look for balloons
SuxXarD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
never seen one...

my bad.
I had one.
ACI makes them, I know that.
SuxXarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 AM #32
euphoria526
Music Man

iv shot bushies, i like them, i just prefer my old skool angel

Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 AM #33
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Who's bashing ICD now? Best not touch that subject.

Bushmasters are great little (well, tall) guns. They can be had for cheap, modded, upgraded, tweaked, and tuned. They really aren't that dissimilar from you Ego's and Timmies.

Now, for the price, "better" can be had (or close). But I like Bushmasters. Alot, actually. If you like the way it holds and shoots, then pick it up. If not, move along.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 AM #34
euphoria526
Music Man

^^^^ yeah......or else!!!!

but i agree they are very good little guns, as long as you have them tuned right. the only issue i remember ever having (when i shot one, never owned) was outshooting the hopper (way before halo's, 12v revvy's). so as long as thats taken care of and its taken care of on at least a semi regular basis, you should have absolutely no problems at all

Old 04-03-2009, 02:13 PM #35
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria526 View Post
^^^^ yeah......or else!!!!

but i agree they are very good little guns, as long as you have them tuned right. the only issue i remember ever having (when i shot one, never owned) was outshooting the hopper (way before halo's, 12v revvy's). so as long as thats taken care of and its taken care of on at least a semi regular basis, you should have absolutely no problems at all
Before the ACE, they had some really bad chopping issues. But since the dawn of force feed, it's not an issue.

My only complaint with them are the regs. They're mediocre at best. But everything else is great about the gun. Shoot, I still rock my blue/black fade B2K4 bone stock (well, new HPR) with my Rotor. Sucker is STILL fast, even by "todays" standards. And I love how they made the trigger pivot adjustable. I keep the pin in the middle slot. Seems the easiest for me to shoot fast.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM #36
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
The regulators did suck pretty bad. it's a mandatory replacement.

the triggers were the best out there stock and are freaking amazing.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 AM #37
cohenj87

cohenj87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
really? for $100 i can pick up a b2k4 with eyes
For another $30 or so i can get a chaos/nox board for it
A sonic, aka, or palmers lpr will cost $50ish
toss in the mandatory regulator for another $60 or so
What are we up to? $240?
a clamping feedneck can be had for around $20

That's $260 and youre' getting a marker that's a bit larger, a bit heaver than new markers that can keep up with them.

You say the tray is making it too big and tall? That's ok, ICD greg makes a frame for it that deals with that issue; it costs $125 it's got one hell of a trigger on it too.

That's a grand total of $385 for a marker the size of an ego for significantly cheaper that will preform nearly exactly the same.
well than it wouldnt be a b2k anymore itd be a frakenstien gun. im sorry but you will never get a b2k to be equivelent to any ego or highend gun. and for well under 385 you can actually get an ego so i think your statement is kinda foolish and the guy was right when he said they are obsolete. well if you had enough money you could make an ion the cats meow right? but its a dumb thing to do
cohenj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:15 AM #38
cohenj87

cohenj87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codymm1014 View Post
Id rather shoot my modded/upped promaster than most any other poppit.
hahahahhaaaaaaahahahahhahah my brother had a fully upped promaster that he dumped like 800 bucks into and i would rather take a piss on the gun than use it over any ego. he sold it on ebay for 130 and no matter how he tried to tune his promaster it was always pretty hard on paint and would usually get a leak about once a day with the promaster. once i bought an ego he was amazed at the night and day difference in every way possible that he bought an ego that day when he got home. so with your statement youd rather shoot your upped promaster over an sl8r or sl94? if you say yeah you have zero idea what your talking about and your only saying this because its what you have. i was the same way with a mini for about 2 weeks. im not saying he should stay away from this gun because its an icd im saying he should try and stay away from any gun pre 05 maybe 04 at the latest. prices on them have dropped like crazy and if you shop around and find 05 egos for 275 not to mention a pmr or even a dm. but hey listen to this guy he would rather shoot his modded/upped promaster over any other poppit marker.
cohenj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:45 AM #39
thespawn078
~Mai Tais & Garlic Fries~

My first paintball marker was an ICD Bushmaster B2K. It was a bit tall and little bulky, but I got used to it and it treated me well. It had a nice buttery smoothness to the shot and it was every bit as reliable as my X-Fighter$ Cyborg is now. It wasn't very gas efficient, but that shouldn't matter too much in my opinion. For the most part, I can't say anything bad about my old Bushy because I never had any real problems with it. I do remember that I only paid about $165 for mine with an 88ci 3000psi tank and Halo TSA (that's with shipping too). I wouldn't pay much more than around $150 as long as the gun is in great shape (no immediate repairs or part replacements required, body in good functioning condition) and comes with a tank and other items. Well, that's my 2 cents...and here's a pic:
thespawn078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 AM #40
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenj87 View Post
hahahahhaaaaaaahahahahhahah my brother had a fully upped promaster that he dumped like 800 bucks into and i would rather take a piss on the gun than use it over any ego. he sold it on ebay for 130 and no matter how he tried to tune his promaster it was always pretty hard on paint and would usually get a leak about once a day with the promaster. once i bought an ego he was amazed at the night and day difference in every way possible that he bought an ego that day when he got home. so with your statement youd rather shoot your upped promaster over an sl8r or sl94? if you say yeah you have zero idea what your talking about and your only saying this because its what you have. i was the same way with a mini for about 2 weeks. im not saying he should stay away from this gun because its an icd im saying he should try and stay away from any gun pre 05 maybe 04 at the latest. prices on them have dropped like crazy and if you shop around and find 05 egos for 275 not to mention a pmr or even a dm. but hey listen to this guy he would rather shoot his modded/upped promaster over any other poppit marker.

wow. It would do you some good to calm down and read. One, I said MOST any other poppit. Am I saying that because I have it? I do own one right now, but have shot most other high ends as well. I would take my promaster over an 05 ego, and for the money over an 06 ego. I would take it over most timmys to, although I'd rather shoot a bob long timmy over the oh-so-overhyped ego. Night and day difference between the two? Really? Lets see. My promaster has less kick than the ego's I have shot, is just as efficient if set up right, I like the feel of my promaster better, and oh, its cheaper

So please get off of Planet Eclipse's nuts. Im not even ragging on egos. They are nice guns. But for the price they cost? Not worth it at all. And if your brother can not get a Promaster to work, then neither is his ego. And dumping 800 into a Promaster? Really? Is that even ****ing possible?

And btw: I dont give a **** about semi anyways, all I play is pump now. Largely because of people like you with egos, who sit and spray.

And to the OP: Gun choice is almost 100% personal preference. If you like the gun, and feel youre getting a pretty good value out of it, then thats what you should get. Dont listen to fanboys, and just make an educated decision.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM #41
iizmatts
Me Gusta

iizmatts plays in the APPA D4 division
Take the $150 and buy an UL'd PMR.

edit: This Guy ^^ sounds like one of those ion fanboys. "OMG my ion is waai better than ur ego, it shoots like 30 ball per second and like um cost waaaaai less".

Last edited by iizmatts : 04-04-2009 at 12:24 PM.
iizmatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM #42
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Haha ok. Im an ion fanboy?
Nice. Im telling the OP he can save money and get a gun that to him, weill not make a difference in performance for the cost.

And I agree though, a UL'd PMR is a good choice for the price.