Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 AM #1
TGaT85

Upgrade question..

Im fairly new to paintball, only owned my own equipment for a few months now. I own a BT-4 SWAT. I was just wondering what would be needed to upgrade for full auto. I know i would need to upgrade my hopper to the Rip Clip most likely. but would i only need to upgrade to an electronic trigger?

second of all if there much of a different between a regular apex barrel and the M16 /w Apex or is it just looks?
TGaT85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2009, 02:23 PM #2
DPleskin
the baby eater

all apex tips perform the same, the m16 furniture just goes over the barrel. To upgrade to full auto all you need is the e-grip. The e-grip on the bt-4 will let you go semi, full auto and ramping at 10 or 13 bps.
People think I'm into sports because I'm a man. But I'm not into sports. I like Gatorade, but that's about as far as it goes. By the way, you don't have to be sweaty and play basketball to enjoy Gatorade. You can just be a thirsty dude. Gatorade forgets about this demographic!
DPleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 PM #3
TGaT85

seems faily simple... thanks for the information
Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 PM #4
Blecter

For the full auto you'll just need the E-grip, but the Rip Clip is recommended by most who use the E-grip. I'm currently using a Delta with an E-grip and an Archon gravity feed hopper. It'll keep up with the 10 bps mode.
Blecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:33 AM #5
TGaT85

so i guess my future upgrades will be:

e-grip
rip clip
M16 barrel, with or without apex, not really sure if i need it.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 PM #6
DPleskin
the baby eater

unless you REALLY want the m16 look I'd say get a better barrel than that. the M16 barrel from bt is ****. All of their barrels are. If you want a good barrel and the apex get a lapco w/ apex tip. If you still want the m16 look after that just buy some furniture or get the m16 barrel and swap the furniture over. Having a good barrel is much more important than having an apex or the m16 furniture.
People think I'm into sports because I'm a man. But I'm not into sports. I like Gatorade, but that's about as far as it goes. By the way, you don't have to be sweaty and play basketball to enjoy Gatorade. You can just be a thirsty dude. Gatorade forgets about this demographic!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM #7
TGaT85

Well i was looking at the Lapco site, and id have to say i have no idea what to look for in a barrel... first off i need to find out what the size of ball i use..
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 PM #8
Tomcat001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPleskin View Post
unless you REALLY want the m16 look I'd say get a better barrel than that. the M16 barrel from bt is ****. All of their barrels are. If you want a good barrel and the apex get a lapco w/ apex tip. If you still want the m16 look after that just buy some furniture or get the m16 barrel and swap the furniture over. Having a good barrel is much more important than having an apex or the m16 furniture.
I wouldn't say that the BT 14" barrels are bad. I own and use 3 of them and trust me its all about the operator with a little help from the barrel.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 PM #9
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPleskin View Post

I'm going to have to go with Tomcat here and disagree with you DPleskin... I had the 14" BT M4/M16 barrel kit on my A5 and it shot very well... Even my "make every shot count" teammate who borrowed it once said so. I can't vouch for any of their other kits but that one was certainly not "sh*t" as you say. And I'm not sponsored by BT so have nothing to gain from saying that other than expressing my honest opinion.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM #10
DPleskin
the baby eater

I respect both your opinions. I'm a huge fan of bt and almost all of their products, but I personally haven't much consistency from my bt barrels. I've had a bt-47, a bt-13 14" and a stock 14". The banshee barrel performs about the same as a J&J, but I get inconsistent grouping with both the 14" barrels. I could just have bad luck with factory parts. Tomcat I agree it's about the operator as I haven't cared enough to buy new barrels for some of my furniture, but I find these inconsistencies through stationary tests with the gun in a vice where the operator is merely pulling the trigger. My skill is not a factor in barrel performance. I've had much better performance from J&Js and the lapco I got in the winter. I've put a couple thousand dollars into bt's products and I'm not a wealthy man, I just much rather prefer other one piece barrels. Again, I respect both your opinions but this is my experience. Barrel performance is not an "operator " issue, as then I'd operate even worse with other barrels would I not?