Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 01:08 PM #43
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_anchor View Post
is it a race to 2 pts. or is that idea dead L3
The first three players selected by their team will for sure play in the top gun match and the 4th and 5th player will only play in the top gun match if the conditions warrant themselves so.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:47 AM #44
acuratech
 
 
acuratech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: edmond, ok
acuratech owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tall tees

Tim(MPS Ultimate) by your stating the JT super padded jerseys are okay; but my tall tee hanging out is not... I was told by the head ref at the Edge event it was okay at the beginning of the day; then told later in the day(mid game mind you) to tuck in my shirt. I have also been told that I must keep my undershirt tucked in at all times. I have heard through the grapevine that my wearing a tall tee untucked at Event #5 of the 2008 season caused some "issues" so to speak.

The teams that are using the JT Pro Series jerseys have the option of ordering the Team series jerseys and pants when they make their new order at the beginning of the season, which we all do, so they knew exactly what they were doing when it came to order their new gear; either from a sponsor or as a team purchase decision.

I cannot think of one instance during practice or an event where my tall tee hanging out has gotten myself or a teammate a bounce or hidden a hit. But I do know for a fact that my brothers team, which will be playing a full MPS season in L2, has told me that if a paintball were to hit the JT Pro series jerseys in what is not a solid square hit, the padding will inhibit a paintball from breaking no matter the paint grade and brand. They wear the jerseys for practice only because of that reason. I would like clarification on that particular ruling because of the simple fact I wear mine due to the fact that my pack is always out of my pants so when I pod they don't get hung up in the top of my pants.

Another thing that kind of bugs me is that the MPS rulebook is very close to the 2009 PSP rulebook, and that Dan has stated that he wants to use MPS as a "stepping stone" per say to PSP is why not just use the PSP rulebook. Therefore cutting down on what players and referees alike need to know. Then what is legal in the PSP is legal in MPS. I can understand if the MPS had based their rulings on the NPPL's rulebook some changes may be in order, but that doesn't seem to be the case seeing the similarities between the 2008 PSP and 2008 MPS rulebooks. The PSP rulebook is very clear and concise about what is and what is not legally allowed for just about everything.

I would appreciate your input and response on these concerns that I have stated above. I don't want to cause any trouble because I enjoy playing the series, I just want to make it better and more fun.
acuratech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:13 AM #45
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
8.10 - Players must wear clothing that fit well and not be oversized to warrant “bounce”. If the Ultimate Ref deems that a player’s clothing is oversized, the Ultimate Ref will require new attire or make temporary adjustments. Oversize clothing can be defined as clothing that extends more than 4 inches from the body or limb.


This is the rule that outlaws the oversized shirts. The reason I allowed the Jerseys is because they are paintball jerseys and more and more manufacturers are padding their jerseys, some definitely more than others. So as long as they are not modified then they will be allowed.

As far as the difference in the rulebooks, that is by choice. We could have just made the rules the same, but some rules need to be modified for local play and also just like I said by choice. I could go into a lot of different reasons, but it would be easier if you had a problem with a certain rule and I could tell you why we had it for a rule.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 AM #46
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball
 
Underachievers-buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wamego
so i guess all of my clothing would be breaking the rules, cuz most of my shirts hang atleast 4 inches under my huge arms. its all cuz imma gansta.
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 AM #47
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Rule #33.03
Page 25


33.03 – Bird-Dogging is the act of spectators walking along the sidelines at the same plane of opposing players in an attempt to signal the location of the opposing players to another team. Such action will result in that spectator being asked to leave the event and penalty points assessed to the benefiting team at the discretion of the head ref.


Sometimes this is referred to as ghosting. I will be along the sidelines watching for this, so I wouldn't risk it.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 AM #48
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Rule # 34.10
Page 27



34.10 - Any team that intentionally gives up points to its opponent and/or plots with opponents to set scores will be considered a forfeited team and action will take place as described in Chapter 29.


This is just shady. Play some heads up ball.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:35 PM #49
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wichita kansas
cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
Is there a rule about wearing shoes?
i had to play without them today andfound it more easily to play with out them.
thanks
cheez-it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM #50
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
There is not a rule in the MPS rulebook, but I am sure there is something in the individual fields policy. So I don't think you would be able to go without shoes.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 PM #51
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I definitely don't mind you guys asking me about rules, but I do recommend you to read the rules. It really is ok reading. At first you may be bored, but you will run into stuff that makes you say "hmm I didn't know that." Forewarned is forearmed.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 PM #52
OkBaller
Leik OMG
 
OkBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alaskorida
OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Reading the rules allows you to adapt to them at practice and be ready instead of getting penalties or having to worry about clothing or wearing shoes. Just read.
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM #53
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wichita kansas
cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkBaller View Post
Reading the rules allows you to adapt to them at practice and be ready instead of getting penalties or having to worry about clothing or wearing shoes. Just read.
i have shoes, i just didnt have them today
cheez-it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:15 PM #54
OkBaller
Leik OMG
 
OkBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alaskorida
OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez-it2 View Post
i have shoes, i just didnt have them today
I was just messin with you man! I don't think I would have played without shoes. Stickers hurt. lol
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:05 PM #55
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball
 
Underachievers-buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wamego
we have a guy on our team that doesnt wear shoes.
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM #56
..TJ..
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Heres a rule I would like to discuss. How a 13 year old name drew that took first place last year once in lvl 4 isnt allowed to play with us this year in level for because he took first yet a player on affliction kids is allowed to play level 4 when he took first last year. Sure you may say this is good for the new players its also good for new players if you stick a pro on there team and they win it. Yet its still breaking your own rules. Why is that rule there if its allowed to be bent for one team and not another I dont find that fair and im sure lots of teams would say the same.
__________________
Edge Army
..TJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM #57
MPS Tim
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Dan will handle all qualification questions especially because he has final say, but I am sure he made an educated decision. He looks at all situations individually. If he deems that someone is ok to play lv4 then they are. I do believe that he gave Edge Army that courtesy on the national event.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 PM #58
OkBaller
Leik OMG
 
OkBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alaskorida
OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..TJ.. View Post
Heres a rule I would like to discuss. How a 13 year old name drew that took first place last year once in lvl 4 isnt allowed to play with us this year in level for because he took first yet a player on affliction kids is allowed to play level 4 when he took first last year. Sure you may say this is good for the new players its also good for new players if you stick a pro on there team and they win it. Yet its still breaking your own rules. Why is that rule there if its allowed to be bent for one team and not another I dont find that fair and im sure lots of teams would say the same.
If you and the other guy haven't played a tournament EVER like me(Trevor) and Luke, then I don't see why you couldn't. It wouldn't be fair for us to be able to but you not too. Talk to Dan. If you've played a tournament before, he probably won't let you.

Edit: Take that back. Andrew went to Cup. He's not even legal in L3, let alone L4. Dan gave them a nice gift. But I can't talk cuz he gave us one too. Good luck to you guys and everybody else at event 1! See you in Lawrence.

Last edited by OkBaller : 03-22-2009 at 11:19 PM.
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM #59
1w00d
EA OG
 
1w00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: *316*
1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
TJ is talking about my younger son Drew who just turned 12 in January. He didn't play at Cup. His only two tourneys have both been MPS L4. His team won one, then didn't make it to the finals in the other. Drew's not complaining. He understands. He just wishes he had some L3 guys to play with.
__________________
THE EDGE Bob Long WichitaPaintball.com
AC THREAT
1w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 AM #60
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain
 
rubiusbeer40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
let this kid play with the same agreement about bumping up to L3 if they win.
__________________
Midwest Militia
LUXE
Thank you to our sponsors Shaggy Brothers Paintball, Adventure zone, and Karnage Paintball.
rubiusbeer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 AM #61
1w00d
EA OG
 
1w00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: *316*
1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
we have a guy on our team that doesnt wear shoes.
Is that the guy who wears the rubber bootie sasquatch feet looking things? Those have a cool intimidation factor as well as looking totally agg.
__________________
THE EDGE Bob Long WichitaPaintball.com
AC THREAT
1w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 AM #62
..TJ..
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiusbeer40 View Post
let this kid play with the same agreement about bumping up to L3 if they win.
thats what im saying like 1wood said hes 12 but hes a pretty dang good player. But I still think he should be able to play

and wait we can play barefoot in mps??? I run quicker and have alot better balance doing that
__________________
Edge Army
..TJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 AM #63
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball
 
Underachievers-buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wamego
sweet jeff is aggolishious
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump