Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM #22
OkBaller
Leik OMG

OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS Tim View Post
Alright after going into NPS today and looking at Matte's lineup of jersey's, I am still reluctant, but here is the ruling.

As long as the paintball jersey is factory direct, unmodified, it will be allowed. It may be worn with a t-shirt underneath, nothing else loose or padded.
Thanks Tim, this answered my question on my jersey!
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 AM #23
MPS Tim

Rule # 14.14
Page 15

14.14 – It is the responsibility of the players to remove old hits prior to the start of the game or bringing the same to the attention of a field ref so that it may be dealt with in a manner that would not result in an elimination of a player.

I don't want to hear " that was from last game" come out of your mouth. If it still looks like a hit then you are eliminated. If a ref sees it before the match starts more than likely he/she will say something, but it is not their job. Check your teammates before coming on the field or at the box.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 AM #24
MPS Tim

Rule # 15.06
Page 15

15.06 – If a player loses their goggles during the course of the game, that player must immediately tuck their heads between their legs and cover their head with their arms. Any refs nearby shall cover this player until the game comes to a stop and all markers are plugged with a barrel sock/plug. At no time shall the player look for their goggles during the course of the game. The game time will be stopped and recorded and all live players from both teams will remain at the bunkers they were positioned at when the game was called. The player who lost their goggles will be eliminated and will report to the dead box

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but I just want everyone to be aware of what we do in this situation. Listen for the whistle, more than likely you will be able to tell that not enough time has passed for the match to be over. Live players stay in your bunkers, the head ref will stop time. We want to get the shooting stopped as quick as possible. If you hear the whistle and you know you should be stopping and you see someone on the other side moving, let the ref take care of it, don't take it upon yourself to shoot them.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM #25
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

what is the headband rule. i seen some people at the field this weekend that had huge head bands. they were about 2 in thick and they had 2 of them on. what would the ruleing on this be?
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 AM #26
MPS Tim

refs discretion.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM #27
iowaprodigypaintball
R.I.P Jason Towlie Calef

iowaprodigypaintball plays in the PSP
iowaprodigypaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
iowaprodigypaintball helped look for balloons
iowaprodigypaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iowaprodigypaintball supports Team VICIOUS
iowaprodigypaintball is for the Gunfight
Quote:
refs discretion.
does the color of the headband matter? what color is the paint gonna be?
/ \
HOLLYWOOD HK DROID
iowaprodigypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 AM #28
MPS Tim

The color may matter, paint color will not be announced before the event.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM #29
muchachopb
Most Custom Title Ever

muchachopb plays in the APPA beginner division
muchachopb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
muchachopb has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so the new jt pros will be acceptable so long as they are sized to fit the player?
muchachopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM #30
MPS Tim

That is correct.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM #31
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

wow!!! no surprise there. The marshmellow man jersey is back.
rubiusbeer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM #32
MPS Tim

Rule # 16.01
Page 16

16.01 - Players that are eliminated, immediately upon elimination, must raise their hand/marker above the plane of their shoulders and go to the dead box by the most direct route or as directed by a field referee. Players that take routes that are not the most direct and are meant to conceal from the other team such players’ eliminations or players that refuse to follow a referee’s direction on leaving the field constitute playing on and appropriate penalties may be assessed.

The first part of this is not why I posted this. Everyone knows what you are supposed to do when you get shot. I just want you guys to see the second part. When you are eliminated after you have raised your hand, get to the dead box quickly. Do not grab pods, do not wander the field, if you are told to hussle and you do not, don't be surprised when another player is pulled. It is hard to explain to a teammate that he/she was pulled because you didn't do as you were instructed.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:31 AM #33
MPS Tim

Rule #16.03
Page 16

16.03 - All live players at the end of a game must present themselves to a field referee for inspection. At this time, a field referee will inspect the player for hits. If a player is found with a hit and that player’s team hung the flag, the flag hang will be automatically awarded to that player’s team only if there are other live players at the end of the game. If there are no live players on that team then the flag hang will be automatically awarded to the opposing team. The flag pull points will remain with the team who first pulled the flag. If any hits are found on a player at the end of a game during inspection, the Head Referee will be notified, and proper penalties will be assessed. 25 penalty points will be assessed for an un-obvious hit and 50 penalty points will be assessed for an obvious hit. It is at the discretion of the ref what is considered an obvious hit or an unobvious hit. The opposing team will be awarded Kill points when live players are found with hits at the end of the game.

After one team is eliminated and the other team is headed to hang the flag a person can not call themselves out and head to the deadbox. This being because obviously that hit was already there and you were playing on, so penalty points need to be assessed. So that being said there is no need to check your player on the way to hang the flag. If he/she has a hit there will be penalty points. Just play a heads up game, call for paintchecks and leave the field when you are eliminated.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:32 AM #34
MPS Tim

Rule # 21.04
Page 19

21.04 – If a flag carrier is checked for hits by team mates prior to hanging the flag and hits are discovered on the player, penalty points will be assessed as described in Chapter 16.

This rule goes along with my earlier post.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 AM #35
MPS Tim

Rule # 22.08
Page 19

22.08 – Players who receive a hit as the player is diving or sliding into a bunker and the hit was seen by a referee as the slide/dive occurs, this player will be eliminated even though the paint marking may no longer be visible due to the slide/dive.

Some people do this on purpose to get rid of a hit, some it is just the move they were making, but either way if a ref calls you out just go to the box. I don't want to hear "where is the hit?", because regardless once a ref has called you out you are out. If you think it was in error that is when you have your captain talk with the head ref in a calm manner, after the match.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM #36
MPS Tim

Rule # 22.13
Page 20

22.13 - Players that engage in un-sportsman like conduct, including, but not limited to, failure to obey a referee’s directions with respect to moving on a neutral player, deliberate avoidance of a referee in a manner to prevent a referee from chronographing a marker on the field or prevent him from making a call, shooting at referees, excessive shooting with intent to injure an eliminated player, the requesting of paint checks to distract referees from checking themselves or teammates or to use referees to locate opposition players or verbal abuse of opposition players, spectators or referees will be eliminated.

It is sad that a rule like this has to be in there. Don't avoid ref's, that will get a 1 for 1 called. Definitely don't shoot refs that will get as many people pulled as long as you are shooting them, now don't get me wrong I have always told players that if you are shooting a lane or a player is running and my refs are in the way they will move. I don't want them to alter your game, but purposeful shooting because you are mad will not be tolerated. Also let the refs do their job don't walk people to the deadbox.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM #37
MPS Tim

Rule # 23.01
Page 20

23.01 - Referees are under no obligation to, make a paint check after a player has requested one. It is up to the player to check themselves for hits and call themselves out if a hit is found.

This rule goes along with the latter part of the last one I posted. You can call for a check, but if a ref doesn't move in more than likely he heard you but he seen that the player is not hit. I have swore that I hit someone and after the game go their and there isn't even residual. So if you think you legitimately hit someone it is ok to call for the check, but if the ref seen the hit in question and doesn't move in that is his/her call. This also goes for calls on yourself. I haven't seen a ref not check a player when he requests one, but don't call a ref for a hit you can verify in the hopes of being able to keep shooting until they find it. If you do this you run the risk of having a 1 for 1 called.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 AM #38
MPS Tim

Rule #25.05
Page 22

25.05 - Players who are in motion while hit in obvious locations, which are easily verifiable, must immediately stop firing, turn their motion away from the opposition, install barrel sock and go straight to elimination box by the most direct routes or upon the instructions of a field referee, if given. Failure to do so is regarded as “playing on” and may result in a “one for one” and/or penalty points against that player’s team.

Keep this one in mind people. If you are hit in a place that would give you an obvious penalty at the end of the game when you are doing a run through and you keep on running you will get an extra player pulled.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:40 AM #39
MPS Tim

Rule #30.04
Page 24

30.04 - In the event where two teams tie and the head to head does not determine a winning team (such as the two teams received the same number of points), then the two teams will select players in a order that will compete in a best 3 out of 5 top gun match to determine who advances. The first three players selected by their team will for sure play in the top gun match and the 4th and 5th player will only play in the top gun match if the conditions warrant themselves so. The top gun matches will be elimination style games and the team who eliminates the opposing team will be awarded a single point for that game. If during the top gun match a simul call is made and both players are eliminated, then neither team will be awarded points. If after multiple games there are simul calls made and no points are given and each team has played their fifth player, then the teams shall repeat games 6 and so on with their first player selected and so on. If during the top gun match a player subjects themselves to actions that are against the rules contained here-in, then the opposing team will automatically receive the single point for that game as well as receiving a second point for the infraction and the team who caused the infraction will lose a single point for the infraction.

I posted this rule because it is a new one. I have only seen this situation come up a couple times, but this is what we are going to do when it does. Read the last part of this rule. Since it is top gun and you can't pull one for ones for playing on if a player breaks the rules the other team automatically gets the match point, a bonus point, and you lose a point. Kind of a big deal.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM #40
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

Quote:
Rule #16.03
Page 16

16.03 - All live players at the end of a game must present themselves to a field referee for inspection. At this time, a field referee will inspect the player for hits. If a player is found with a hit and that player’s team hung the flag, the flag hang will be automatically awarded to that player’s team only if there are other live players at the end of the game. If there are no live players on that team then the flag hang will be automatically awarded to the opposing team. The flag pull points will remain with the team who first pulled the flag. If any hits are found on a player at the end of a game during inspection, the Head Referee will be notified, and proper penalties will be assessed. 25 penalty points will be assessed for an un-obvious hit and 50 penalty points will be assessed for an obvious hit. It is at the discretion of the ref what is considered an obvious hit or an unobvious hit. The opposing team will be awarded Kill points when live players are found with hits at the end of the game.

After one team is eliminated and the other team is headed to hang the flag a person can not call themselves out and head to the deadbox. This being because obviously that hit was already there and you were playing on, so penalty points need to be assessed. So that being said there is no need to check your player on the way to hang the flag. If he/she has a hit there will be penalty points. Just play a heads up game, call for paintchecks and leave the field when you are eliminated.

so if i get in the pack and my team mates see it before i hang flag its 25 points?
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:45 AM #41
Back_anchor
Abstrakt Gunner

Back_anchor owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Back_anchor supports Team VICIOUS
Back_anchor is for the Gunfight
is it a race to 2 pts. or is that idea dead L3
Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 PM #42
MPS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
so if i get in the pack and my team mates see it before i hang flag its 25 points?
If all of the other players are eliminated, then yes.