Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 PM #1
MPS Tim

Rules Discussion

Here as I said earlier in the year, I am going to post rules that I am going to explain a little bit and then if you have any questions then you can post here or private message me if you feel more comfortable. Please if you post here keep the posts on subject to the rule that I have posted. If you have questions on other rules I want to hear them, but please just PM or email me. My email address is tschweitzer2@gmail.com. Thanks.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 PM #2
MPS Tim

Rule #8.01
Page - 9

8.01 - Each player may wear a maximum of 2 upper layers of clothing which shall consist of just one “padded” layer. Such combinations of clothing shall consist of the following:

- One T-Shirt under another T-Shirt
- One T-Shirt under a paintball jersey
- One paintball jersey under a T-Shirt
- One un-hooded sweatshirt under a T-Shirt
- One T-Shirt under a un-hooded sweatshirt

Such combinations of clothing shall not be permitted:

- One paintball jersey under a paintball jersey
- One un-hooded sweatshirt under a paintball jersey
- One jersey under a un-hooded sweatshirt
- Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed
- Any other combination of clothing to be considered over padded by the Ultimate Ref

The reason I bring up this rule is to reference the use of "hoodies". As you can see from reading this they are not allowed this season. Dan did leave in sweatshirts, but they are going to be weather dependent. If it is nice out then sweatshirts hooded or not will not be allowed.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:37 PM #3
MPS Tim

Rule #9.09
Page - 11

9.09 – Bandanas/Handkerchiefs are not allowed to be worn on the field of play at any time, tied on belt, around legs, arms or attached to the goggles in any fashion. They may be worn tied around the head under the goggles or neck (rolled up) provided they do not extend more than one inch below the collarbone. It is up to the refs discretion what is and isn’t acceptable.

You don't see this too often anymore, but occasionally you will see ballers with bandannas tied around belt loops or packs. This is not allowed. They can be used as, sweatbands, headwraps, and neck protectors. If they are used as neck protectors they need to be close to the neck and rolled up.

More rules to follow. I have about 15 to 17 of these rules counting these, that I will go over before the first event. Thanks. I am looking forward to the first event and the start of the paintball season.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 PM #4
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
If I can wear a sweatshirt, then logic states I should be able to wear this:

Can I?
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:51 PM #5
MPS Tim

No you can't wear that Jersey. Padding in a jersey should be limited to the elbows and forearm. Keep in mind sweatshirts are only to be wore in very cold weather, and they still have to keep with the rules in that they can't be overly baggy. When you think of sweatshirts you are probably thinking of the huge, thick, oversized sweatshirts. Those will not be allowed, cold or not.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:57 PM #6
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
So any jersey with padding on the shoulders including the Empire and Dye ones can't be worn or just the JT Pro Series ones?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:07 AM #7
MPS Tim

I will take a look at the new Empire and Dye ones and then make a final decision. I have 17 jerseys in my closet, about 16 too many according to my wife, some are just from a season or two back, they all only have padding on the elbows, some longer than others. So the majority of players jerseys will be OK. For these new fandangled jersey's you speak of, again, I will look at them and then make a ruling. As of right now, the jersey that was posted here, and the ones you had on at TAP last year that we said something about and any jersey that has padding anywhere but the elbow/forearm is illegal.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 AM #8
OkBaller
Leik OMG

OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
What about zis one! I only own one so I hope its legal!

http://www.ansgear.com/PhotoGallery....CTJERSE YBLUE
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 AM #9
MPS Tim

Please keep from posting pictures of jersey's for me to evaluate until tomorrow after I have had a chance to make more than just a blanket statement. As of right now any jersey with padding in a place other than the elbow/forearm area is illegal. So be prepared to bring an alternate. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 AM #10
kwoodpaintballer87

Annual Supporting Member
i know it says only one t-shirt, and jersey, and other combos, but what about like underarmor kind of things, cause when i play, i wear that, a t-shirt and my jersey, does that count since the underarmor wont really pad what so ever

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 AM #11
MPS Tim

Rule 8.09 - Male players can NOT wear a Chest Protector or Body Armor.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:00 AM #12
nate4444

Last year, we won Empire playing apparel and the jerseys have the padding in the shoulders as well. It would kind of suck to have won thoses last year and not be able to use them this year.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 AM #13
iowaprodigypaintball
R.I.P Jason Towlie Calef

iowaprodigypaintball plays in the PSP
iowaprodigypaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
iowaprodigypaintball helped look for balloons
iowaprodigypaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iowaprodigypaintball supports Team VICIOUS
iowaprodigypaintball is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS Tim View Post
under armor isnt really "armor" it is the thinnest shirt you could find any where, it wouldnt affect anything
/ \
HOLLYWOOD HK DROID
iowaprodigypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:55 AM #14
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
I know for sure the 07, 08, and 09 eclipse jerseys have shoulder pading, along with my 06 evil jersey.

I actually do not own a jersey which doesnt contain shoulder padding.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:43 AM #15
kwoodpaintballer87

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS Tim View Post
yeah, when i say underarmor its the really thin material shirt that just helps pull sweat away from your body and such, no padding what so ever, just didnt know if that counted as a layer

GUN SALE
kwoodpaintballer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 AM #16
iowaprodigypaintball
R.I.P Jason Towlie Calef

iowaprodigypaintball plays in the PSP
iowaprodigypaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
iowaprodigypaintball helped look for balloons
iowaprodigypaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iowaprodigypaintball supports Team VICIOUS
iowaprodigypaintball is for the Gunfight
i just wear a long sleeve shirt....
/ \
HOLLYWOOD HK DROID
iowaprodigypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM #17
MPS Tim

If by "underarmor" he meant the microfiber material that pulls sweat away, then I am ok with it, but it does constitute a layer. So it would only be legal under a jersey or tshirt not both.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:09 PM #18
MPS Tim

Alright after going into NPS today and looking at Matte's lineup of jersey's, I am still reluctant, but here is the ruling.

As long as the paintball jersey is factory direct, unmodified, it will be allowed. It may be worn with a t-shirt underneath, nothing else loose or padded.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:14 PM #19
MPS Tim

Now that is settled on to a couple more rules.

Rule #10.09
Page 12

10.09 - All markers are subject to inspection at any time during the MPS Tournament. The team of any player found to be using a marker in violation of section 10 will receive a 50-point penalty and a warning stating that the marker must be corrected before the player’s next game. A second offense by the same player will result in a 100-point penalty and that marker will be banned from play for the duration of the tournament. The player will be allowed to continue the tournament with a back up marker that does not violate section 10. A third offense by the same player will result in a 200 point penalty, that marker will be banned from play for the duration of the tournament, and the individual player will be suspended from play for the duration of the tournament and the Team will play one player short the remainder of the tournament regardless of the number of players on the team roster.

There is nothing new with this rule, I just want people to be aware. Those are some big penalties, and seeing as we are reducing the rate of fire it will be pretty easy to hear the difference. So make sure you don't incur any of the penalties, it sucks to lose out on finals or a tourney win because of something preventable like this.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:16 PM #20
MPS Tim

Rule 13.04
Page 13

13.04 – Teams who either purchase or sell leftover paint to/from another team are in violation of section 13.02 and will be banned from future events of the Midwest Paintball Series without notice or refunds given.

This is a big one also. The penalty is definitely something you don't want to get slapped with. If you have leftover paint I would suggest using it for practice paint. This will be looked for and we would like any team seeing or hearing of this to let Dan know. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM #21
MPS Tim

Last one for today.

Rule #14.12
Page 15

14.12 – Teams who are not ready to play when they are called to the field will be given 2 minutes to report to the field. If no player reports to the field after the 2-minute warning, that team forfeits that game. If at least 1 player reports to the field after the 2-minute warning, that team has the option of forfeiting the game or playing with the number of players present.

When I was a head ref I generally only have to do this once per tourney. It is not fun to watch your team play a man down because you didn't get your stuff together on time. If there is a quick turn around (generally in finals) then you will be given more time. I suggest getting air and paint when you get off of the field and then relaxing until your game. Teams will be given a schedule to keep track of games. If you are setup away from where you can hear Dan calling games, move closer or have someone stay closer.