Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM #22
M£aTball
♥ Bojankles ♥
 
M£aTball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchman View Post
Any gun made by Dangerous Power is a bad prize in any way,shape,or form
Meh, I've never even held a dangerous power marker so I wouldn't know haha
__________________
TopGun Factory
M£aTball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM #23
NightmareSHANIQUA
OSST Addict
 
NightmareSHANIQUA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 410 / 443 Maryland
I mean the thing is, if you dont like the prize, dont complain. I can udnerstand not being happy, but Cyndi isnt about to dump tons of money into getting insane markers like Ego9s DM9s, Geos, and all that other stuff if the money coming in from the players just isnt there. Why should she suffer to provide us with awesome FREE markers? Most of the other tournament series only offer cash prizes or entry to the next event plus entry to that event back in your pocket. Honestly, the prize list in the GPL has been quite superior to many other series' lists.

I personally play for pride. Im happy shooting my gun. I dont need a new one really. But for the sake of the leage, if you are unhappy with the prize list, discuss it in a mature and respectful manner. Cyndi doesnt necessarily HAVE to put this league on every year...
__________________
"Originally posted by CaddyWompus: "why do you smell like ****?"

"duh huh her, i was payin a dame where i poop and wace the toylet""

SLY Equipment - Top notch carbon/graphite barrels. Very impressed with customer service and product.
Review of SLY barrel here
NightmareSHANIQUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:08 PM #24
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball
 
EWMpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Cyndi,
I can tell you that there were about 5 - 8 teams from New England that were planning on playing the GPL Series, including 1 or 2 of my 7man teams. But because of the prizes, it is not cost effective and I do not think any of them are planning on attending. If you are in fact paying for the prizes, why not utilize the money you are putting out into cash prizes. There are tournament series out there that the cash prizes reflect a percentage of the teams entered.

Now, if you are paying for A1 Angels at Wholesale, you are spending around $650-700. Turn that into cash prizes and now you have $4500 - $4900 for first place.... And honestly, if you are getting a special deal, which I know Fraser is bound to do, Just offer a $4000 first prize and everyone will be happy, and you will get more teams. This is something you really need to consider since at best, resale on A1 Angels are $250 right now.... that doesn't even cover expenses.
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 PM #25
crbn50
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
crbn50 plays in the PSP
crbn50 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSHANIQUA View Post
I mean the thing is, if you dont like the prize, dont complain. I can udnerstand not being happy, but Cyndi isnt about to dump tons of money into getting insane markers like Ego9s DM9s, Geos, and all that other stuff if the money coming in from the players just isnt there. Why should she suffer to provide us with awesome FREE markers? Most of the other tournament series only offer cash prizes or entry to the next event plus entry to that event back in your pocket. Honestly, the prize list in the GPL has been quite superior to many other series' lists.

I personally play for pride. Im happy shooting my gun. I dont need a new one really. But for the sake of the leage, if you are unhappy with the prize list, discuss it in a mature and respectful manner. Cyndi doesnt necessarily HAVE to put this league on every year...

very well put, you dont always have to worry about prizes as the only thing.
crbn50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 AM #26
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.
 
BunkerKing5291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: *631*
BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
I'm sure more teams would play if there was a cash prize. Thats assuming you pay for the prizes.
__________________
WIRED
Karmaloop - Global Concrete Culture
REP CODE : AJKATT For 20% OFF
SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
BunkerKing5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 AM #27
BC Predz
digiwave
 
BC Predz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MD
Annual Supporting Member
BC Predz is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
BC Predz plays in the USPL
BC Predz plays in the PSP
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BC Predz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
How much power does it take to make it dangerous? I bet this thing uses alot of batteries.
__________________
feedme 120+
AP
BC Predz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 AM #28
shockwaveGK
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
Cyndi,
I can tell you that there were about 5 - 8 teams from New England that were planning on playing the GPL Series, including 1 or 2 of my 7man teams. But because of the prizes, it is not cost effective and I do not think any of them are planning on attending. If you are in fact paying for the prizes, why not utilize the money you are putting out into cash prizes. There are tournament series out there that the cash prizes reflect a percentage of the teams entered.

Now, if you are paying for A1 Angels at Wholesale, you are spending around $650-700. Turn that into cash prizes and now you have $4500 - $4900 for first place.... And honestly, if you are getting a special deal, which I know Fraser is bound to do, Just offer a $4000 first prize and everyone will be happy, and you will get more teams. This is something you really need to consider since at best, resale on A1 Angels are $250 right now.... that doesn't even cover expenses.
Well put. I agree the cash prize would draw more teams.
shockwaveGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 PM #29
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos
 
Clutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
Clutchman plays in the PSP
Clutchman plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
Cyndi,
I can tell you that there were about 5 - 8 teams from New England that were planning on playing the GPL Series, including 1 or 2 of my 7man teams. But because of the prizes, it is not cost effective and I do not think any of them are planning on attending. If you are in fact paying for the prizes, why not utilize the money you are putting out into cash prizes. There are tournament series out there that the cash prizes reflect a percentage of the teams entered.

Now, if you are paying for A1 Angels at Wholesale, you are spending around $650-700. Turn that into cash prizes and now you have $4500 - $4900 for first place.... And honestly, if you are getting a special deal, which I know Fraser is bound to do, Just offer a $4000 first prize and everyone will be happy, and you will get more teams. This is something you really need to consider since at best, resale on A1 Angels are $250 right now.... that doesn't even cover expenses.
You'd get way more teams.
__________________
Avalanche
Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM #30
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball
 
EWMpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Honestly, There are other leagues that only offer $3000 for a 1 day event, but there are alot more teams...
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM #31
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN
 
yankeesrule0330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The 610 SOPENN
yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
it is new cus the prophecy's are on there.
yankeesrule0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM #32
bballfreak0587 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
new prixe list with cash options
bballfreak0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM #33
shockwaveGK
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Thanks for listening GPL. Giving out markers is a great idea. Just not what some players want.
shockwaveGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM #34
Gailon
FEP Sticky
 
Gailon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Baltimore
Wow awesome! Anyone who got frustrated w/ GPL prizes this year be sure to check out http://www.thegpl.com/prizes.php !!!

Great job Cyndi! Man I love GPL haha
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 PM #35
p8ntballer817
 
p8ntballer817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
p8ntballer817 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Predz View Post
How much power does it take to make it dangerous? I bet this thing uses alot of batteries.
Well played sir.

And I agree with EWM about the prizes i know we considered going out to a gpl but the prizes werent worth it.
__________________
New England Avalanche
#8
p8ntballer817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:59 PM #36
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes, the prize list has changed to include a cash option on some divisions. I have not been able to make a press release about it because I am working with limited programs this week. I really only have internet access occasionally. But yes, for those who have questioned it, the prizes have been updated recently so please go and check it out.

I will be back in the office on Monday April 6th if anyone has any questions. I have been doing my best to respond to everyone to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your support.
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 PM #37
BunkerKing5291
Hate.Heart.Love.
 
BunkerKing5291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: *631*
BunkerKing5291 plays in the USPL
BunkerKing5291 plays in the PSP
BunkerKing5291 is an NCPA player
Like the new prize list.
__________________
WIRED
Karmaloop - Global Concrete Culture
REP CODE : AJKATT For 20% OFF
SUNY Oswego Rush NCPA Alumni
BunkerKing5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:19 PM #38
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball
 
EWMpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Its a step in the right direction, but for a two day event, its not an equal alternative. If I send a team to a GPL, it cost me:

30 cases of paint, hoping I get it for $30 a case is $900
Entry............................................. ..................700
Hotel............................................. ..................600
Misc. Expenses.......................................... ........300

That Equals............................................ .........$2500

Now if your a local team, not bad. But for the teams that want to travel there still won't if at best they can break even. The local league I play in pays out $2500 or $4000 for more than 18 teams, for a one day event with 6 prelims and one round for finals. With the many more games neccessary to play, it should balance out better.

I really really really want to send at least one of my teams down there... Just make it worth it pleeeeeeeeaaaasssseeeeee.........

I can say confidently that the other teams I deal with all feel the same.
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM #39
iLIKEfudge4u
 
 
iLIKEfudge4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
Its a step in the right direction, but for a two day event, its not an equal alternative. If I send a team to a GPL, it cost me:

30 cases of paint, hoping I get it for $30 a case is $900
Entry............................................. ..................700
Hotel............................................. ..................600
Misc. Expenses.......................................... ........300

That Equals............................................ .........$2500

Now if your a local team, not bad. But for the teams that want to travel there still won't if at best they can break even. The local league I play in pays out $2500 or $4000 for more than 18 teams, for a one day event with 6 prelims and one round for finals. With the many more games neccessary to play, it should balance out better.

I really really really want to send at least one of my teams down there... Just make it worth it pleeeeeeeeaaaasssseeeeee.........

I can say confidently that the other teams I deal with all feel the same.
i think their prizes are pretty tight. but I am local. but gpl has always been a local league and a great time. i know top teams that have come out in 1st (multiple times) and did not shoot 30 cases. but who am i who to tell you what works and what doesnt. but i am assuming you are talking about the nepl. this league is mainly d3 teams. a few d2 teams but mainly d3 teams. compared to the nepl d3 division which you only get nepl or boston pb bucks the prizes are tight. idk, to each its own though. and nepl is field paint only at $50 and $60 per case.
__________________
lei succhia

Last edited by iLIKEfudge4u : 04-06-2009 at 09:38 PM.
iLIKEfudge4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM #40
iLIKEfudge4u
 
 
iLIKEfudge4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
by the way, i think cyndi did an awesome job in improving the prizes. real simple, you dont like it, dont play. if you want to play play. who really plays for prizes anyway? just get over it an play and if the prizes are not for you, then dont play. you can here 3 times talking about the prizes. she did what she could do. stop coming in here and beating a dead horse. she listened, changed the prizes and the rest of us are happy with it. stopping pissing on our parade
__________________
lei succhia
iLIKEfudge4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM #41
JoeMcNugget
USMC
 
JoeMcNugget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ft. Meade
JoeMcNugget plays in the PSP
JoeMcNugget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeMcNugget plays in the APPA D4 division
JoeMcNugget has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fudge ftw ftw ftw BTW Cyndi new prizes for the win great job this season meaning people need to start registering like now
__________________
New York Assassins
I KILL FOR COUSINS PAINTBALL
UNITED
Powered by OXCC / Valken / Aztek Photos / Understood
JoeMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM #42
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76
 
charmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D1 division
it doesn't matter what the prizes are they can/have/will change them on you the day of the event. Win first place walk away with a mini...

moral of story: if you want a real prize play a real series.
charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump