Old 03-16-2009, 10:55 AM #1
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Prize List For 2009

correct me if im wrong but i was on the website and they seem to have the same prize list this year as they did last year. i think some things changed a little, but its still angels for 1st place in 7 man. can anyone verify this?
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 AM #2
Macris
u n d e r d o g s ♥

Macris donated to help Peyton Trent
Macris plays in the APPA D3 division
Macris is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
i'm 99% sure thats the prize list.
because 2weeks ago there was nothing on the page.

clearly a lot of prizes were cut/changed.
so that what leaves me to be that your correct.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 AM #3
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
Clutchman plays in the PSP
Clutchman plays in the APPA D1 division
ik the economy is rough right now and all that but imo wouldn't better prizes attract more teams? yea it's costly but in the long run well worth it

Last edited by Clutchman : 03-16-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 AM #4
Gailon
FEP Sticky

In my experience putting a bunch of DP products as prizes isn't the best way to attract teams. I know there's a lot of people who swear by DP, and they were a great company to me, but I've had nothing but problems with the products.
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM #5
SubZeroMan
631 RIP

has been a member for 10 years
SubZeroMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SubZeroMan plays in the APPA D3 division
and who wants A1's for prizes? Those guns are garbage
SubZeroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM #6
DeadlyAssasin
e.C.u

DeadlyAssasin donated to help Peyton Trent
DeadlyAssasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeadlyAssasin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZeroMan View Post
and who wants A1's for prizes? Those guns are garbage
Not to mention almost impossible to sell for Value.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM #7
vivalacan55
Listen to Fellow Can

vivalacan55 plays in the USPL
vivalacan55 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchman View Post
ik the economy is rough right now and all that but imo wouldn't better prizes attract more teams? yea it's costly but in the long run well worth it
QFT....90% of those prizes are crap
Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM #8
Paintball_Rocks_On

idk, i looked around at other events and they still give out better prizes then the rest and they still make it cheap to play.

and who plays for prizes anyway.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM #9
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN

yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
play for pride not prizes.
yankeesrule0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM #10
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

When playing a local tournament not many kids play for the pride and glory that is the GPL more so for the cool prizes that they win since most of these teams are made of kids....Why do you think 5-man D2/D3 was so popular last year? duh cuz dm8's were ill and everyone wanted one.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:00 PM #11
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
When playing a local tournament not many kids play for the pride and glory that is the GPL more so for the cool prizes that they win since most of these teams are made of kids....Why do you think 5-man D2/D3 was so popular last year? duh cuz dm8's were ill and everyone wanted one.
this man speaks the truth.... tis why i am doing gpxl "praying it follows through this season" id rather them have a dm8 still as first place for 5 man d2/d3 considering value is more then a revi....

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM #12
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
this man speaks the truth.... [...] id rather them have a dm8 still as first place for 5 man d2/d3 considering value is more then a revi....
Truth. BNIB DM8 or 08 Ego would probably bring you more and move way faster than a BNIB revi heh (not counting initial "gotta have one" upon release)

But I should add that we'll still play none-the-less and love it. I don't play the tournaments for the prizes b/c I don't expect to win haha.
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM #13
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I would like to first state that I appreciate the support of those who have supported the GPL over the years and will continue to do so in the future. It is people like you who made the GPL what it is today, a league for the players.

In regards to the prizes, I would like to make a few comments and observations.

The prizes have been cut a bit, but you have to also mention that so has the amount of teams participating. The current economy has hurt us just like it is hurting all of you. There are less teams participating because they simply can not afford to continue playing tournament paintball. When people loose their jobs or get pay cuts, paintball is put to the bottom of the list of things to pay for. This has affected not only us but several of the regional tournament series. This economy has also put the crunch on the sponsors. There is less sponsorship dollars to go around to all the leagues and honestly, some of the sponsors are doing away with sponsorship totally and just covering a couple of pro teams. Please remember that I don’t get things donated for FREE, I actually have to PAY for the prizes.

We did edit the 1st place prizes for the D2/D3 Divisions, but it will all depend on how many teams are registered and paid by the deadline and not a day later. The Young Gunz divisions are going to stay the way they are. Those divisions are meant for the younger players and not for the more competitive squads. This division should not be about the prizes.

Giving out large prizes is tough for everyone. We can only do the best that we can do. People are going to play where they see is the best for them to play at and I can only hope that the friendly atmosphere, the high level of competition and the support we show to the players, teams and the sport of paintball will keep you coming to the GPL. If not, I wish you luck with whatever avenue you choose.

Last edited by 357 Productions : 03-18-2009 at 10:04 PM.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM #14
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
I would like to first state that I appreciate the support of those who have supported the GPL over the years and will continue to do so in the future. It is people like you who made the GPL what it is today, a league for the players.

In regards to the prizes, I would like to make a few comments and observations.

Macris, you mentioned the the prizes were cut, but you have failed to mention that so has the amount of teams participating. The current economy has hurt us just like it is hurting all of you. There are less teams participating because they simply can not afford to continue playing tournament paintball. When people loose their jobs or get pay cuts, paintball is put to the bottom of the list of things to pay for. This has affected not only us but several of the regional tournament series. This economy has also put the crunch on the sponsors. There is less sponsorship dollars to go around to all the leagues and honestly, some of the sponsors are doing away with sponsorship totally and just covering a couple of pro teams. Please remember that I don’t get things donated for FREE, I actually have to PAY for the prizes.

We are working on another prize package for the D2/D3 Divisions which will include the larger first place prizes, but it will all depend on how many teams are registered and paid by the deadline and not a day later. The Young Gunz divisions are going to stay the way they are. Those divisions are meant for the younger players and not for the more competitive squads. This division should not be about the prizes.

Giving out large prizes is tough for everyone. We can only do the best that we can do. People are going to play where they see is the best for them to play at and I can only hope that the friendly atmosphere, the high level of competition and the support we show to the players, teams and the sport of paintball will keep you coming to the GPL. If not, I wish you luck with whatever avenue you choose.
Thank you cyndi for clearing this matter up. I must say for me at least the whole "prize thing" isnt an issue. I definitely feel it should be better, I mean you have been giving out a1's now for 3 yrs, but this does not deter me in any way from playing this series. My biggest thing was it SEEMS (note im not saying it IS im just saying it SEEMS) like alot of things are getting swept under the rug with the GPL series. Prizes were never officially announced, rate of fire hasnt been decided and a couple minor details have never clarified yet. I know youre a very busy person, but I as well as many others would like the GPL to succeed. Consider this constructive critism and not bashing. Thank you Cyndi and good luck in 09.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 PM #15
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
Thank you cyndi for clearing this matter up. I must say for me at least the whole "prize thing" isnt an issue. I definitely feel it should be better, I mean you have been giving out a1's now for 3 yrs, but this does not deter me in any way from playing this series. My biggest thing was it SEEMS (note im not saying it IS im just saying it SEEMS) like alot of things are getting swept under the rug with the GPL series. Prizes were never officially announced, rate of fire hasnt been decided and a couple minor details have never clarified yet. I know youre a very busy person, but I as well as many others would like the GPL to succeed. Consider this constructive critism and not bashing. Thank you Cyndi and good luck in 09.
We have so much information being released that we dont say this has been officially announced or that is officially announced, BUT the prize list has been up and so are the rules (with the rate of fire). Those were the only two items that people were waiting on. The Dates, Entry Cost, ID's and location has been announced for some time now. But they have been up and to make it easier for people - rate of fire has not changed hense why no major press release has been done. I did not know that the rate of fire was a deciding factor in if someone is going to register for the event or not. Sorry. I am not sure what else you mean by minor details.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM #16
ASR11
if your not 1st...

ASR11 plays in the PSP
ASR11 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter23j View Post
Cyndi I hope you read this post. This is basically what makes a team come back and play the whole series. My team also shot a lot of paint last year (it makes it extremely expensive specially right now) and that was the basic reason why we couldn't play the whole series as we would have loved.
We love the GPL because it is a great series with great reffs and good organization.
Please bring down the rof to 10 like PSP did.
please dont bring it down in the GPXL if you do decide to change it w/ 5 man.
ASR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 AM #17
tommyo28

keep 7 man the same also....

tommyo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:08 AM #18
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASR11 View Post
please dont bring it down in the GPXL if you do decide to change it w/ 5 man.
yes, you can do it to whatever else, just not gpxl

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM #19
M£aTball
♥ Bojankles ♥

Those Revi's are also $850 markers, so I do not think that they are a bad prize in any way, shape, or form
Old 03-24-2009, 10:48 AM #20
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by M£aTball View Post
Those Revi's are also $850 markers, so I do not think that they are a bad prize in any way, shape, or form
Any gun made by Dangerous Power is a bad prize in any way,shape,or form
Old 03-24-2009, 01:05 PM #21
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

Quote:
Any gun made by Dangerous Power is a bad prize in any way,shape,or form
LOL qft!!