j0hnny

Crossfire 68/4500 carbon fiber HPA
j0hnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:40 PM #44
dpkidsrocks2

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
As far as the inconsistency goes, the bolt spring has a break in period. It will tend to be pretty inconsistent until it is broken in. .
Not true.

Mini's are actually very consistent out of the box if kept stock, with stock settings (The best settings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnny View Post
The solenoid is done. It wont even click with the eyes off and no air attached.
That does not mean its done. The newer solenoids sometimes don't even make a sound at all with no air. If it works when its gassed up chances are its still good to go. Also, the tech that worked on your gun could have lubed the solenoid incorrectly, and the other parts of the gun incorrectly, which could cause some consistency issues.
dpkidsrocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM #45
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkidsrocks2 View Post
Not true.

Mini's are actually very consistent out of the box if kept stock, with stock settings (The best settings).
Yes it is true, out of the box the spring is stiff and requires more force to be moved. As far as consistency goes, every gun is different.

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM #46
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

Yeah I really only trust myself to work on my gun.

You need to listen to harry and call the number.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM #47
SteveJCarnegie
InVeRt

SteveJCarnegie donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Let me be clear here. I did not make this thread to smear KEE in any way. Most of my favorite products come from them. I actually just had my local shop order me a pair of 09 pants. I respect KEE and I will change the title just to be fair.

This is the second time I have had a problem with my marker. It was stripped down and put back together by a technician and then more problems arose.

How do you guys feel when you buy a brand new product after people convince you it is the latest and greatest just to see it's a lemon? Personally, the $300 doesnt bother me. I can afford it so it's not that big of a deal but what bothers me is that there are kids who do choress, or work for minimum wage and save all of their money to buy a gun and they run into these problems, and shoot have of their case trying to figure out the problem and having techs look at it and not solve it.

The gun itself I love but these problems really pissed me off and ruined my day yesterday. I hope that soon enough it will be firing as great as everyone says theirs are firing.
Ok i agree that it sucks to open it up and not have it working. But some other suggestion. First do the techs actually have experience with the mini, because the mini is alot different then any other. You problem actually does sound like the tank isnt screwed in quite far enough.( not sayin you dont know what your doin) To double check watch the guage as you fire if it drops right down and doest get back to 200 immediately its not in all the way. another question did you take your solenoid apart and clean it and put it back together.(i know its new but its worth trying). Try going over the stickies in this forum there are very helpful tips in here to fix it.

Again no one in here is trying to say your a newb and you dont know what your doing were simply offering help so that your mini shoots rope like ours.
Were simply trying to rule things out.

As far as the inconsistency if after you check the tank and give it a break in, things to check for would be your paint and bore match it can be picky. also after the break in period if it is still to inconsistent for you, you could try picking up the latest Ndz bolt and spring kit.
SteveJCarnegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:52 PM #48
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJCarnegie View Post
As far as the inconsistency if after you check the tank and give it a break in, things to check for would be your paint and bore match it can be picky. also after the break in period if it is still to inconsistent for you, you could try picking up the latest Ndz bolt and spring kit.
If he has major inconsistency issues like he said hes been having, buying a NDZ bolt and spring kit won't be a solution, or something many people would recommend (they don't usually work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin16 View Post
Yes it is true, out of the box the spring is stiff and requires more force to be moved. As far as consistency goes, every gun is different.
Just bought my second mini a couple months ago. +5 -5 out of the box. 10 cases later, still +5 -5, and this wasn't the first brand new mini I've seen with very good consistency. I am a firm believer that mini's do not need a breaking in period like everybody says they do.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM #49
exno-killa
Uber Nuber with a Cougar

Make sure the spring is not on backwards...

DarrylHadfield of ICD-OWNERS.com and PBNation is a scam. Don't even attempt to do buisness by him.
exno-killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:24 PM #50
SteveJCarnegie
InVeRt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkidsrocks2 View Post
If he has major inconsistency issues like he said hes been having, buying a NDZ bolt and spring kit won't be a solution, or something many people would recommend (they don't usually work)..
i just bought a v3 ndz bolt made a world of difference. and i said once he does the rest if it is still to inconsistent i didnt say if it was +/- 80 or what ever

And alot of really knowledgeable mini owners have said they require a break in. which i also own 2 and both have needed a break in. so if you didnt good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exno-killa View Post
good call.
the correct way will click into place. it will be the end that is tighter getting over the bolt oring

Last edited by SteveJCarnegie : 03-16-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM #51
stealthtactics

well with minis there is sortof a luck of the draw you get some that work and some that dont my case was with the solenoid and it works fine now after i replaced the solenoid.

olive mini w/stiffi 12 inch barrel
DXS pulse hopper
cp 48/45 carbon fiber tank

www.paintball-discounters.com
stealthtactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM #52
jdogg246

jdogg246 plays in the PSP
jdogg246 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdogg246 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdogg246 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by exno-killa View Post
My friends mini had terrible dropoff and it ended up being his spring was backwards.
As far as the solonoid goes, I had the same problem and was pissed too. Then I found out I was overlubing the bolt causing the problem. If the solonoid isnt responding youprobably need to take it apart and service it. It might be dirty from too much lube like mine was. Like everybody is saying, its almost user error and not because you dont know what your doing but you dont understand yhe mini. And as far as the g3, from what Ive heard they have had a lot of reg problems and leaks out the box. Im not starting a vs issue just making a point that all guns are man made and have a chance of problems. But in my experience with the mini its like 90+% user error.
jdogg246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 PM #53
Nebergall

That's just a punk move right there... you use it one day and have a rare problem that no one on here that i've heard of has had, and you go and tell everyone not to buy it. Personally I've never had a significant problem with my mini. So people maybe you should listen to the people who've had and used the mini for awhile rather than this guy

20 shots missed a second... and you claim your marker is equipped with an eye?

If you ever played a game of paintball with nothing but a plastic pirates sword and still got a kill put this in your sig...
Nebergall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 PM #54
j0hnny

Punk move. Shut the **** up. It is a public forum and I posted my experience. I will post what I want (that is within the rules) and your not going to do anything about it. The "one guy" is the store owner and has been carrying minis since they came out. That one guys statement holds more water than 100 mini fanboys who are repping something just because they own it.

The spring is not on backwards. I know it is conical and needs to "click".

I have stated more than once in this thread that I had read all the stickies and did all the recommended services on my mini. Including the whole lubing guide. I am guessing the people who are saying it is "user error" arent reading the thread and are just posting for the sake of posting like most paintball forums.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM #55
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
Punk move. Shut the **** up. It is a public forum and I posted my experience. I will post what I want (that is within the rules) and your not going to do anything about it. The "one guy" is the store owner and has been carrying minis since they came out. That one guys statement holds more water than 100 mini fanboys who are repping something just because they own it.

I have stated more than once in this thread that I had read all the stickies and did all the recommended services on my mini. Including the whole lubing guide. I am guessing the people who are saying it is "user error" arent reading the thread and are just posting for the sake of posting like most paintball forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kee_cs View Post
Johnny, sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Please contact us and we shall get this resolved for you in a very timely manner. We are open 9 A.M.-6 P.M. Monday thru Friday our number is 1-800-724-6822 please ask for Chris ext.531 and he'll be glad to get you taken care of on this issue. You can also e-mail us at tech@paintballsolutions.com if that would be easier for you.

Thanks,
Kee
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM #56
Banzaii

so you got a lemon, it sucks, but it happens. kee customer support is amongst the best. they even came into this thread for you twice (simon and official).

send it in, get it back asap (if you cant fix it with their help). problem solved. sell it and buy something else if thats what you want.

i call bs on you not being 12-15 years old. learn to handle yourself somewhat decently in any case.
Banzaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM #57
deaton
aka Melonhead

deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deaton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebergall View Post
That's just a punk move right there... you use it one day and have a rare problem that no one on here that i've heard of has had, and you go and tell everyone not to buy it. Personally I've never had a significant problem with my mini. So people maybe you should listen to the people who've had and used the mini for awhile rather than this guy
This doesn't help anything at all.

To the OP, call KEE tomorrow. They will make things right. Its what they do. Good luck with your Mini. I know that once you get a chance to shoot it when its operating like most of ours are, you will love it. Sorry about some of the inconsiderate posts that have been made. The majority of us are truly here just to help each other and get help when we need it. Don't be afraid to come back in here. We take care of our own.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:24 PM #58
SteveJCarnegie
InVeRt

Quote:

Ok i understand you said you read them all. there is a chance you have missed something. you haven't told us what you have tried. There's no need to get pissed at the people trying to help. you don't just have fanboys in here. you have got people in here who helped create the gun as well as people who continually help people in here with there problems. Were used to getting a lot of people who don't no what there doing so we go through a process of elimination to help. Kee will helpl phone them and get it fixed. Unless you'd rather be stubborn then you can just sell it and get a new gun. cause most of us dont have the patience for someone who wont take honest help.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 AM #59
j0hnny

I handle things decently when people are being decent. Thank you mom. I dont care if you call bs on my age. It's the internet and I don't care if some kid who probably isnt even old enough to drive himself to the field is calling me out.

On a serious note...

KEE is the only reason why I have not given up on this gun. I know their customer service is amazing and I have respect for them. Check out the thread title. I had it changed for that exact reason.

We will see how things go on Wednesday when I bring my gun into my shop to get repaired. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks to all who had anything of value to contribute.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 AM #60
sdosiris29
Roughneck Feednecks

sdosiris29 is BST Trusted
sdosiris29 supports Cereal Killerz 2
sdosiris29 plays in the APPA D5 division
seriously, instead of taking it to the shop again that you have already taken it to, send it to kee. They will get it working right and replace any parts that need to be replaced. It is great that you are loyal to your shop, but sometimes you need to leave the job to the people that know the gun inside and out. They are super quick, and will get the job done. Like the rep said from kee, call chris and get it ready to ship to them. It will be worth your time.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 AM #61
ZiE
zachisevil - May '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
This doesn't help anything at all.
Well the problem is this guy didn't ask us for help. He just wanted to say buyers beware of the mini. He doesn't want help to fix it, I am sure you noticed.
This thread is pointless...

OP: Either make a new thread asking for help and we will all do what we can (we are all pretty smart and will most likely fix your gun) or just call kee and send it to them.

Now, this thread is over! Nothing else non opinionated can be said.
ZiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 AM #62
chugs989

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdosiris29 View Post
seriously, instead of taking it to the shop again that you have already taken it to, send it to kee. They will get it working right and replace any parts that need to be replaced. It is great that you are loyal to your shop, but sometimes you need to leave the job to the people that know the gun inside and out. They are super quick, and will get the job done. Like the rep said from kee, call chris and get it ready to ship to them. It will be worth your time.
+1
Shift Kit

-512-
chugs989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:08 AM #63
tchilds3404

I think he wants a refund so he can purchase a different marker? Based on what has been stated so far that is my understanding.
tchilds3404 is offline   Reply With Quote