PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-04-2001, 12:54 AM #22
fr0st
dirtay south balla

has been a member for 10 years
msmfc: i totally agree. my angel is exactly the same. well i love my angel and i want u all to know im not giving it up but my team just decided they need my loud @$$ yelling in the back. so i was going to buy a back up anyway so i decided instead of another angel to get a free flo with the racegun. ill let you all know if it is as nice. probably not but we are doing 10-man so i need the accuracy and distance of the cocker. my advice...if you play front or middle get an angel. if you play back get a cocker and if u still want a short fast trigger send it in and get a racegun on it...however i suggest you pre-order a HALO for whichever gun you get because they are both fast as hell..i out shoot my revy so much its not funny and ive have both turborev and x-boards in it. ok well good luck man and hope u make the right choice...also if u get a cocker don settle for anything less than a STO otherwise get an angel.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2001, 02:10 AM #23
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Well first of all Doctor my Shocker bore is .6915 (came stock) Secondly I normally had shot marballizer out of my standard bore AA on my cocker (best shooting paint in that barrel) Just recently I haven't been able to get marballizer and had to use blaze, it just rolled out of both barrels. When I get my new gun I plan to get a freak, for christmas at the latest. I'm playing with the Shocker tomorrow, possibly for the last time, if it wants to stay with me it'd better actually shoot, and shoot well for me to concider keeping it (probably won't happen). I'll probably sell it for......... "ONE MILLION DOLLARS".
Old 11-04-2001, 02:48 AM #24
Doktor Evil

Fr0st, could you please explain to me why you can't play back with your Angel? What makes the Cocker have better range than the Angel?

Old 11-04-2001, 03:02 AM #25
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Well I ,sadly according to some people, believe that closed bolt guns have a higher tendancy to shoot more acurately thus able to shoot farther more acurately, I do not believe that they can shoot "further". The belief is that open bolt guns put more stress on the paintball which is likely to make it curve. This makes quite a bit of sense, argue if you may
Old 11-04-2001, 04:39 AM #26
Doktor Evil

ah but argue I will... how come then, given that I always match my paint to the barrel and use good air systems (ie consistent) my Cocker shot like my Mag which shot like my Shocker which shoots like my Angel. ha!

I've known about the open vs closed bolt debate forever; I thought it was pretty much settled, but I find it's like a dead horse rising to haunt us again. I already have enough trouble as it is with the low vs high pressure thing (Doctor Evil ducks for cover )...

I'll concede however that on paper it would make sense to me, although no physicist am I, that a closed-bolt system would be gentler on the balls.

I personnally don't care if one thing affects another or whatever; but I always try to stand by my peronnal experience, very humble as it may be. I try to avoid basing my opinions on hearsay and rumors, and more on what I see and do in the field.
Yes I love Angels, but there's a host of guns ou there I greatly admire, Cockers included (although not on my top 3 ). So I'm always up to defend a gun I like (like the Shocker that is like an unwanted red-handed step child to you);

So to settle this, I'll say that I'm always 100% confident with my Angel in any situation; ie, playing back, front, long-range cover, playing in the woods, etc.
Old 11-04-2001, 04:40 AM #27
Doktor Evil

damit... need sleep.....
Old 11-04-2001, 06:47 AM #28
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Well throw me a frickin bone here people, I'm the boss, need the info... I know for a fact that my cocker or shocker would beat the hell out of a mag or low grade semi. The tradjectory (sp?) just seems so much flatter with a closed bolt marker.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:31 PM #29
Doktor Evil

the details of my life are quite inconsequential...

very well... where do I begin?

My father was a relenthlessely self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year old french prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink; he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius posess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical; summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we would make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with rigs, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe; at the age of 14 as a rostrian named Vilma, ritualistically shaved my testicules; there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking I suggest you try it.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:35 PM #30
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

hahaha thats funny. I always love to quote dr evil.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:20 PM #31
Mystery.Shadow
ShadowTech Angel

Shock'NCocker, how can you tell me that a closed-bolt marker shoots farther and flatter?! Do you have more anti-gravity elves than everyone else?!

The ONLY marker that will give more range and shoot flatter at the same FPS under the same conditions is the Tippmann Flatline system. Ok, so you CAN mount one on a 'Cocker....
  • ShadowTech Enterprises, Proud Sponsors of Team ShadowTech, Team Redemption, and Team Sith.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:27 PM #32
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Closed bolt guns have a higher tendancy to shoot more acurately thus able to shoot farther acurately (or more at least), I do not believe that they can shoot farther in length, but straighter when it gets there. The belief is that open bolt guns put more stress on the paintball which is likely to make it spike, curve, or mis-shape the paintball more because of the blow from the bolt. This makes sense, think about it!
Old 11-05-2001, 09:22 AM #33
Mystery.Shadow
ShadowTech Angel

But remember that Physics are still Physics!! Laws of Nature still effect the paintball wether it was an open bolt or a closed bolt.

Check out these test results if you don't believe me!

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...osedopen.shtml

Think about THAT. It just makes sense!
  • ShadowTech Enterprises, Proud Sponsors of Team ShadowTech, Team Redemption, and Team Sith.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:39 PM #34
euphoria526
Music Man

Talking

id kind of have to agree... although ive never owned a cocker, but... i have used a lot of them in my time and they are accurate, BUT he's right with the angel...it just feels organic in a sick and twisted sort of euphoric way.
and when you shoot the angel... it is sick!

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.