Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-31-2001, 02:27 AM #1
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

has been a member for 10 years
Cocker or Angel???

Well I've pretty much decided to sell the Shocker, the 3 million dollar question is... Do I sell the Cocker too and buy an Angel, or buy a new body, and a bunch of new goodies for the Cocker? Give me REASON! Also, if anyone wants to trade thier Angel for both of mine, that would be great! Which gun and why?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2001, 08:27 AM #2
paintballerguy13
Takin' care of bidness.

paintballerguy13 is a Supporting Member
paintballerguy13 is a founding member
paintballerguy13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballerguy13 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
your in an angel forum buddy, what do you expect hte majority of replies to be??

get a new cocker, of course

no, not really, sell the cocker buy the angel.

Old 10-31-2001, 08:29 AM #3
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

I realize which forum I'm in, cause I need some encouragement! Why are Angels "better"?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:21 AM #4
xtreme01
Mantis Gear Factory Team

xtreme01 is a founding member
xtreme01 plays in the APPA D4 division
hmmmm

why not get one of those new electro cockers the revealed at world cup? all the elecrronics are in the grip and compact. "accuracy of a cocker " speed of an angel . then you can have the best of both worlds. use your cocker body you already have and themod was like $500 something. cheeper then buying a new gun anyway. later josh
Old 10-31-2001, 06:07 PM #5
Bigfoot16
SEXY *****!

well i have both a cocker and an angel and i love both

its soo hard to choose, the cocker is just fun to shoot but i feel i play better with my angel just for sake of shooting both hands alot easier and just ease of use

although the eclipse cockers and evos are making me want another cocker

its really all bout what you have more fun using

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

***Black 2.0 Dark Angel w/ 68/4500 Maxflo***

2k cocker w/ 68 4500 conquest and some odds and ends
Old 11-01-2001, 08:51 PM #6
DumBell

you

it is up to you I like cockers because they are accurate and pretty fast at shooting,angels are accurate and alot faster at shooting so it is your opinion and if you play on a taem what is your position if you paly back get a cocker if you play mid or runner get an angel just my opinion.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:16 PM #7
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Question for all you LCD owners out there.... I've heard of some problems i.e. with the board, and shooting properly. How are Angels on taking it out an having it shoot everyday?
Old 11-01-2001, 11:00 PM #8
Shocktech

Not had my angel for long, But I have not had any problems with it thus far. Only gun I have ever bought new that has worked flawlessly out of the box, which is pretty sad if you think about it.

I have heard that the Vibes can screw with the board if you use it to much. I have no way to confirm it, so I couldnt say for sure.

As far as angels and "taking them and to shoot everyday" this is why I bought this marker, I have yet to see an angel go down at my local field, and everyone I know with one has never had any problems. Requires very little maitanance, just put a few drops of oil in the exaust port (or reg, some say) after every few cases of paint, and you should be good to go
Old 11-01-2001, 11:50 PM #9
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Thanks! Thats great... I know what you mean about guns not working, the first time I gassed up the Shocker (right after taking it out of the box) it wouldn't shoot, cock or anything! All I'm looking for is to see that the money invested wont be a waste, Thanks for your time!
Old 11-02-2001, 12:27 AM #10
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
I own an AA.......trust me, get a cocker. They flat out OWN!!

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Old 11-02-2001, 12:30 AM #11
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

why?
Old 11-02-2001, 08:31 AM #12
Mystery.Shadow
ShadowTech Angel

Get the Angel!

I own'd both. I still own my Angels. I had one of the original 'Cockers. It was more a tinker-toy. I love to tinker. Got it working well, then sold it. Then I got a more recent 'Cocker. It was still a tinker-toy. Worked like a charm! But then sold it too. I played with a ShockTech SFL, *AWESOME* 'Cocker, it did not REQUIRE tinkering. (But I did anyway!) Bottom line: Sold it. Looking to obtain a Westwood AutoCocker, heard they were the bomb....

But I still own all the Angels I have ever bought.

Here's the truth: PLAY with an Angel! All of a sudden you will forget the names of the other markers you were considering!
  • ShadowTech Enterprises, Proud Sponsors of Team ShadowTech, Team Redemption, and Team Sith.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:26 PM #13
euphoria526
Music Man

i say get a boxless elecro cocker set, go for the best of both worlds, the angel for the volume and the cocker for the accuracy

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.
Old 11-03-2001, 12:22 AM #14
CSPredator
=S=P=E=E=D =K=I=L=L=S

Why not own both? sell the shocker, save up some money while you play with the cocker, and then get the angel. That way you'll have two guns that you love.
Black Dust Superbolt Mini-cocker(which is actually nice)
I miss you Dad: Robert Casselberry a.k.a D.O.G. (Dirty Old Guy) June 10th 1957 - November 17th 2006. Paintball isn't as fun without you.
Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=237381
Old 11-03-2001, 01:49 AM #15
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Well right now one HAS to go, the Shocker is brand new, and the rof is much higher than that cocker, the debate now is whether to take the money from the Cocker and buy a new guitar, and a freak for the Shocker or buy a new LCD, I dunno
Old 11-03-2001, 03:26 PM #16
Doktor Evil

I've owned both...

They are both great guns, but I've always felt that the Cocker was a "retro" design, ie, built when you were supposed to shoot 200 rounds a day (... back when pballs were at 0.25$ each ). To me the Cocker is still a modified pump gun, no matter how you put it, although the recent stock versions offer more stuff than most custom cockers of the mid-90s. I'm a huge evo Cocker fan, that's what I'd pick if I wanted another one. Of course nowadays you have tons of options to turn your Cocker into a diabolical machine, including eletronic upgrades.

Whereas the Angel was designed for "modern" paintball. They are extremely well built, and their stock finish is unequalled. You can adjust the stock trigger to be as smooth and short as you want. A properly set-up Angel will never pinch balls, and its very easy to maintain. They are extremely reliable. They are also very complete out of the box, "tournament-ready" like the ad people like to say . Of course you will find a whole range of after-market accessories but they are mostly useless, and often of lower quality than the WDP parts. The only after-market part I use on mine, except for a Freak kit, is a KAPP breech knob because the stock plastic one broke. Goes to show you...

Of course, Angels ARE expensive. But keep in mind that they are quite complete out of the box, whereas a stock Cocker may be cheaper but costs will add up quickly if you start upgrading. Then of course, you must also realize that with the Angel you pay more for stuff like cosmetics and stainless screws and whatever.

But the most important bit of info you must keep in mind is that the Angel is AS accurate and AS long-ranged as the Cocker. Forget the notion that Angels are "front players" guns. They are awesome guns for players playing front, back, tapes, whatever. All you need is to use good paint, match it with a good barrel and get a constant air source. I'm still amazed that even today many people still believe in the "closed-bolt vs open-bolt" difference.

Lastly, I love Shockers. Why don't you upgrade your Shocker instead of switching guns? Just curious.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:34 PM #17
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

Upgrade it how???!!! The rof sucks in my opinion, its so hard to get a rhythm down, with the stock barrel paint just rolls out. I don't want to put all this money into a gun I really don't care for, whern I could just sell both for an angel and freak!
Old 11-03-2001, 03:42 PM #18
Doktor Evil

I'll agree, stock Shockers have terrible triggers; but all you have to do is buy a custom trigger like an Eclipse Blade trigger or a Wermstick trigger and you'll kick *** in no time, guaranteed. A Blade trigger is about 25$. They are fully adjustable, so you can easily set the pull just the way you like. Also, you could consider a turbo board upgrade. I have one on mine and it allows you to reach a very good ROF just by pulling the trigger faster that a click per second.

If the balls roll out of the barrel, that means that your balls are too small a size compared to the barrle bore size. Also, Shockers, like Cockers, are closed-bolt guns. As you know a pball rests in the chamber waiting to be shot out once the bolt has cycled and is closed. So in theory you could have the same problem with a Cocker (unless you really fit your pballs to the right bore size).
Old 11-03-2001, 05:40 PM #19
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

yeah, the problem with the shocker barrel is it's large bore, which sucks and I don't feel like buying a new one!
Old 11-03-2001, 05:50 PM #20
Calin

Calin is a Moderator
Calin is a Supporting Member
Calin donated to help Peyton Trent
Calin supports Bob Gurnsey
Well here is my opinion on the cocker angel thing. I say get an Angel. The reason why I bought an Angel was because the simplicity and ease of management on and off the field. Off the field you just whipe the damn thing, charge it and put it away. No need to oil the bolt(well if you have a shocktech in a cocker you don' tneed to oil anyway), and also the pneumatics hoses after awhile it is recommended to replace them(someone I know is going to argue they have never replaced their hoses, well you are lucky). That is the reason off of the field.

The reason on the field is. I don't have to think about my gun when I have an Angel. I feel like it is a part of me, when my mind wants to fire it fires. I know this sounds wierd but it is true. I know that with a cocker the trigger pull becomes second nature to you but Idunno there is something about the Angel that makes it....well Angelic. Criticize me if you want, but I just feel that when you are playing a the last thing you want to think about is your gun. And whether or not you pulled the trigger far enough back and forth.

Truly "ignorant" people are those who call others "ignorant, misinformed, uninformed" and are the same people that have lost an argument.

Typos happen.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:35 PM #21
Doktor Evil

No, I think that a standard size bore (0.689) is just right, just "average" enough I find. Most standard paints are @ 0.689. It's when you get into the more specialized paints like Diablo Hellfire or RPS Marbalizer (smaller size), or the crappy stuff which are really large bore that you'll encounter problems. If you shoot small paint through a 0.689, it will fall out of the barrel if you use a closed-bolt gun like the Shocker or Cocker.

What I'm trying to say is, regardless of the gun you'll be using, you'll really want to pick a barrel that macthes the paint you use.
If you consider buying an Angel then logically you should have the dough to buy a few barrels (or a kit like the Freak- highly worth it IMHO)

Of course the best advice would be for you, IF possible, to try a couple of Cockers and a couple of Angels; get the "feel" of how they shoot.

To make things simple, if you'd put a gun on my head and ask to pick one, I'd go Angel.