Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 AM #1
ojperez_22

Need help with SFT shocker- Vision.

Just got a SFT shocker and when I first turn it on and it is double blinking it fires fine, however when I push in the power button again and it blinks rapidly, I hear it click once and then after that I just hear chirping, and it goes to a single slow beep. Now I dont have air this second so Im just hoping that it just needs air, but after reading the manual it sounds like the vision is not working properly. Please advise. Thanks so much!

I did put a swab in the breach to try and activate the eyes as well as put on my hopper with balls in it, but still clicks once then chirps and single slow flashes.
ojperez_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 AM #2
Dy-nas-ty
Avarice

Dy-nas-ty plays in the PSP
Dy-nas-ty is playing at Living Legends III
Dy-nas-ty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dy-nas-ty plays in the APPA D5 division
You may want to check the battery and change it out. That sounds like a weird problem. On my stock boarded sft I turn it on and the vision is instantly on and I have to press the button the get it to dry fire. I would say check your eye ribbon and make sure it isn't damaged, also make sure it is plugged into the upper board snuggly. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Blocking the eye constantly is not the same thing as paint feeding in to the marker ball by ball - it causes an eye error.

When you actually shoot paint, you pull the trigger, the eye verifies that there is a ball present, and so the marker fires. After the shot, the bolt opens, and another ball feeds. For a brief period between the bolt opening and the next ball feeding, the breech is actually empty. The eye registers this, and that is when the board then starts waiting for the eye to see the next ball enter the breech.

If the eye is constantly blocked, the board doesn't know when a ball has fed and when the marker is ready to fire again; from the boards point of view, blocking the eye constantly is actually more like having paint on the eye, then having a ball feed after each shot - hence the eye error.

You may find that your eye will work normally once you have some air and actually shoot some paint.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM #4
ojperez_22

Wow. That was a very detailed and well thought out response. Thank you so much. Guess its not like what I'm used to where as long as something is blocking the eye it will fire. Do most people use vision on or off? Thanks so much
ojperez_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM #5
Staninator
Murderin' fools since '89

Staninator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojperez_22 View Post
Wow. That was a very detailed and well thought out response. Thank you so much. Guess its not like what I'm used to where as long as something is blocking the eye it will fire. Do most people use vision on or off? Thanks so much
I recommend leaving it on so that you don't chop paint. I never turn my eyes off.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:12 PM #6
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Yep - unless I suspect that there is something wrong with my eye system, it stays switched on.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote