Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM #1576
eckolwarlock

eckolwarlock is playing at Living Legends VI
eckolwarlock owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
eckolwarlock supports Team VICIOUS
eckolwarlock supports DLX Technology
Am I the only one that thinks TG:A has gotten much better this season compared to last?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 PM #1577
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
No. Most likely due to the fact that there is a challenge by episode, and that the only good episodes of season 1 were the ones with challenges. Hosts also seem to have a bit of a chemistry going on. I just wish Tanner would be more enthusiastic during the Stig laps.
Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM #1578
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer5645 View Post
He's talking about BBC America, they are showing the new season just delayed from the UK launch.
oh

lol
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM #1579
B2KOwNeR12 (Banned)
ಠ_ಠ

TG:A is the biggest fail ever... The hosts act like such jackasses. They act like complete idiots on the challenges. None of them seem like they have a passion for automobiles. Tonights new episode - Were gonna see what cars Tanner can drift? No thanks.. I'll continue to watch TG:UK on NetFlix
B2KOwNeR12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:49 PM #1580
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

pbnoob9988 supports Cereal Killerz 2
TG America has provided some mild entertainment while waiting for better shows to start. It's funny to see how hard these guys fail. Tanner Foust is the only real worthy host.
pbnoob9988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 PM #1581
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
From last year to this year it is much much better. No, it's not top gear UK, which had a great se17, wich there were more then 6 tho.

they are getting better, but they do need to change out a few of the players.

and then compare it to Adam Corolla's "the car show", lolz all around
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:53 PM #1582
True~Crime911
B2K ಠ_ಠ

True~Crime911 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I agree about this season being MUCH better than the first.. But I feel like when I watch TG:A it's like they're trying to impress the people who barely know anything about cars by doing ******* challenges and ****ty tests(who wants to see tanner attempt to drift an RV, Limo, etc.? I mean REALLY). When you watch TG:UK each hosts knows ALOT about car history, really go into detail about the car they're testing and the way they film the show is WAY different. They all know how to drive. It's better.

The hosts need to get a notebook and pen to take notes, then watch EVERY episode of TG:UK. I feel like it'd help a ton more.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:59 AM #1583
TheNforcer
RIP DIO 1942-2010

TheNforcer plays in the PSP
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TheNforcer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheNforcer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by True~Crime911 View Post
I agree about this season being MUCH better than the first.. But I feel like when I watch TG:A it's like they're trying to impress the people who barely know anything about cars by doing ******* challenges and ****ty tests(who wants to see tanner attempt to drift an RV, Limo, etc.? I mean REALLY). When you watch TG:UK each hosts knows ALOT about car history, really go into detail about the car they're testing and the way they film the show is WAY different. They all know how to drive. It's better.

The hosts need to get a notebook and pen to take notes, then watch EVERY episode of TG:UK. I feel like it'd help a ton more.
Exact same way I feel.
DMeyerspb #98
Planet Eclipse, Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex, DXS, FatBoy Pods, V-Force, Ninja Paintball, SkipsPics.net

XBL GT: TheEnforcer98
Drive German or Go Home, VAG Lover
TheNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 AM #1584
eckolwarlock

eckolwarlock is playing at Living Legends VI
eckolwarlock owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
eckolwarlock supports Team VICIOUS
eckolwarlock supports DLX Technology
I think they are trying to make a show that everyone would like and not just car fiends like us. They want people to get done watching Pawn Stars then tune in and enjoy it even if they know little. I think it is unfair to compare TG:UK to TG:A. They are 2 totally different shows. TG:A is made for mainstream America (not that smart about auto history) while TG:UK is made for automobile enthusiast while non enthusiast if they happen to tune in would still like it.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 AM #1585
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

TG:A needs to scrap all of its hosts, including Tanner, if they want to be successful. The chemistry seems so forced forced. I literally get uncomfortable watching TG:A.

Their challenges suck, their personalities suck, and most of all, their attempts at humor suck.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM #1586
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tanner has been a **** host on every show he has been on, he can drive but his personality has always put me off on shows.... now idk what the **** they were even thinking with the other two guys they signed unless those are the only other two that made bids.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 AM #1587
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Im not sure what's worse, tg:us or. The car show
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM #1588
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

I literally think we could take three people from this forum and make a better show with half the budget.

Tanner's personality seems obnoxiously cocky. He's not a funny cocky like Clarkson. Rather, he just comes off as a douchebag you would find at a college bar.

The car show blows. If they changed the format to something less "ESPNish," kept Carolla and maybe Matt Farrah, I would watch it. After trying very hard to give it a chance, I just cannot watch that crap anymore. John Salley knows absolutely nothing worth hearing and Dan Neil is a massive douche.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 PM #1589
razz

i actually think the US guys know more about cars, how they work and sheit, but the uk guys have better chemistry and are more passionate so it appeals to more people.

I also think the uk car reviews are better the us ones seem way too scripted
Old 09-06-2011, 12:49 PM #1590
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don't know how much the uk guys really know about cars but people like rutlage or whatever should never of been a host period. tanner can drive cars but brings nothing else with it.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM #1591
KorruptedKing
'92.

TG:A does suck because I compare it to TG:UK. My expectations are way too high.
Originally Posted by ChesterFrench: also the white stuff on the left cake is frosting, while on the right cake the white stuff is unicorn semen sucked out by an 82 year vietnamese shaman that killed 79 American soldiers in every war America was involved in, mixed in with cocaine and the tears of Peruvian children.
KorruptedKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM #1592
paintball4le$$
Das

It will get better with time
Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 PM #1593
JESUS_V2
VCU

JESUS_V2 helped look for balloons
JESUS_V2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JESUS_V2 supports Team VICIOUS
JESUS_V2 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptedKing
TG:A does suck because I compare it to TG:UK. My expectations are way too high.
I though the one where they try and beat tanner was pretty good. His commentary on the laps is so gay though

JESUS_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 PM #1594
DubyaDawg46
Rockin' the Freestyle

DubyaDawg46 is playing at Living Legends III
DubyaDawg46 supports Team VICIOUS
I wonder if they're going to ever do a competition show of TG:UK vs TG:US like they did when they competed with the Germans and Australians... Although it just seems like it wouldn't work as well as the other two, but then again I'd never seen the Australian or German one by itself before.

"I've flown 198 missions in my life, been shot down every one of 'em. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life."

"You can't bull**** a pilot." -Smokin' Joes
DubyaDawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM #1595
KorruptedKing
'92.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUS_V2 View Post
I though the one where they try and beat tanner was pretty good. His commentary on the laps is so gay though
I just liked the Lexus they had in the episode. Probably one of the most badass sounds I have ever heard in my life.
Originally Posted by ChesterFrench: also the white stuff on the left cake is frosting, while on the right cake the white stuff is unicorn semen sucked out by an 82 year vietnamese shaman that killed 79 American soldiers in every war America was involved in, mixed in with cocaine and the tears of Peruvian children.
KorruptedKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 AM #1596
ssman19

TG:A and TG:UK are soo diffirent you cant even compare them. I think there both entertaining. Uk is a bit more technical and shows the cars better but USA is just meant to be entertaining. not as serious