Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 PM #505
Natedogg0511
 
 
Natedogg0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
I was givin something like 3 months notice on my last deployment. I hope i never get a last minute notice like 20 days.
__________________
PM7, Ion, A-5
Empire Prophecy
VForce Grill
Natedogg0511 is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 PM #506
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
I test for staff 8 days before I ship out.. As if a short notice deployment didnt suck enough... Luckily I have ben studying a lot over the past months. I should make it this year unless I forget how to spell my name on the test.
infotography is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM #507
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
I test for staff 8 days before I ship out.. As if a short notice deployment didnt suck enough... Luckily I have ben studying a lot over the past months. I should make it this year unless I forget how to spell my name on the test.
Your CDC test?
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:38 PM #508
Dannyboy11
 
 
Dannyboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Any TACP's out there? I am really considering it, it seems like it would be enjoyable.
Dannyboy11 is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM #509
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
Your CDC test?
No Silly. my test for staff. did my CDC test like 2 years ago.. lol.
infotography is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 PM #510
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy11 View Post
Any TACP's out there? I am really considering it, it seems like it would be enjoyable.
My buddy I went to school with just cross trained. He loves it. If you like roughing it and feeling badass it seems like a good choice.. The school for it is hell though.
infotography is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 PM #511
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
No Silly. my test for staff. did my CDC test like 2 years ago.. lol.
Okay the lonely SSgt ex coastie is now lost....
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 AM #512
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
Well in the guard and reserve, from what I understand you get promoted basically as there are opening in your career field to advance. On active duty you automatically make rank based on TIS until SrA. Then you have to take a test for the rest of the ranks and based on how you score on that test, along with multiple other factors, you may get promoted and may not.

The test is over everything you could ever care to know about the AF down to who was the first man to fly in a hot air balloon (I dont know).

And you also test over your job. they combine the scores and if you meet the pre-determined "cutoff score" you make rank. I thought the coasties took some sort of a test to make rank and I know the Navy does.. but The army and marines I dont think do.
infotography is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM #513
icp1327
 
 
icp1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
Well in the guard and reserve, from what I understand you get promoted basically as there are opening in your career field to advance. On active duty you automatically make rank based on TIS until SrA. Then you have to take a test for the rest of the ranks and based on how you score on that test, along with multiple other factors, you may get promoted and may not.

The test is over everything you could ever care to know about the AF down to who was the first man to fly in a hot air balloon (I dont know).

And you also test over your job. they combine the scores and if you meet the pre-determined "cutoff score" you make rank. I thought the coasties took some sort of a test to make rank and I know the Navy does.. but The army and marines I dont think do.
Makes total sense now!
Yeah I had to take the service wide exam to make e-5 in the Coast Guard, some of the stupidest most useless questions I had ever seen in my life. I was getting out soon so I didn't study or anything just listened to others when they were studying and talking. Then one of my E-6's told me I should just take it just in case I stayed in and because they were cutting super deep. So I went into the test got to about question 30 of 150 said this is the stupidest test ever, just flew through the rest of the questions looking for answers that seemed right....finished in about 35-40 minutes and made E-5 two months later.....
__________________
"So silently, almost on little cats feet" Nancy "I am an idiot" Pelosi
TELL A CALIFORNIAN
Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill someone than a gunowner....GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE DOCTORS DO!
icp1327 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:56 PM #514
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
Yeah thats how most people do it.

Hey Perry. I sent that OI over. let me know if you got it.
infotography is offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 11:48 PM #515
Natedogg0511
 
 
Natedogg0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
I test for staff 8 days before I ship out.. As if a short notice deployment didnt suck enough... Luckily I have ben studying a lot over the past months. I should make it this year unless I forget how to spell my name on the test.
Good luck on your test. I am testing for the first time. I have been slacking on studying so i took some leave.
__________________
PM7, Ion, A-5
Empire Prophecy
VForce Grill
Natedogg0511 is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 12:31 AM #516
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Tool accountability tool accountability tool accountability. Oh and did I mention TOOL ACCOUNTABILITY?!
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM #517
infotography (Banned)
American Insurgent
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Idaho
infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg0511 View Post
Good luck on your test. I am testing for the first time. I have been slacking on studying so i took some leave.
Thanks! you too. I have the PDG gold and I have been taking practice tests. So far it looks like I will make staff if I keep getting these scores. Wont put it on till next year but oh well.
infotography is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM #518
Natedogg0511
 
 
Natedogg0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by *knock-out05* View Post
Tool accountability tool accountability tool accountability. Oh and did I mention TOOL ACCOUNTABILITY?!
would you please sign out that screwdriver
__________________
PM7, Ion, A-5
Empire Prophecy
VForce Grill
Natedogg0511 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM #519
Natedogg0511
 
 
Natedogg0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
Thanks! you too. I have the PDG gold and I have been taking practice tests. So far it looks like I will make staff if I keep getting these scores. Wont put it on till next year but oh well.
Yeah I only have 3 points from an Army Commendation medal so even if I make it I will probably put it on All Others.

Trick question, what is a SrA with a line number?
__________________
PM7, Ion, A-5
Empire Prophecy
VForce Grill
Natedogg0511 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM #520
Marine786
I am not in the USMC
 
Marine786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ramstein AB, Germany
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg0511 View Post
Trick question, what is a SrA with a line number?
So your one of THOSE SrA.

All credit to afblues.com
__________________
USAF Vehicle Ops
OIF vet 07
"Evil is not defeated by submitting to it. Evil is not defeated by running away from it; nor is evil defeated by ignoring it. Evil is only defeated by fighting back"
-law dog
"An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he can't get it wrong."
Current max weight in dead lift = 485
Marine786 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 03:18 PM #521
akruse21
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Orvis Lvl Classified
akruse21 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg0511 View Post
Yeah I only have 3 points from an Army Commendation medal so even if I make it I will probably put it on All Others.

Trick question, what is a SrA with a line number?
Points scored has nothing to do with your line number.
__________________
My feedback
akruse21 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:14 PM #522
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg0511 View Post
would you please sign out that screwdriver
Someone decided to leave a tool in an engine bay of one of our c-130s. They some how had it wedged in a calling. We were searching the engine bays of engines # 3 and 4. (two generators went bad) and the tool was no where to be found. So we started calling everyone to check their pockets. Nothing. We check the boxes the generators came in from supply, nothing. So we said **** it. We will check the bays again. Nothing. We go to close them up, The wind catched the inboard calling and slams it down and you hear CLINK CLINK CLINK. ****. So we opened it back up and found the tool we were looking for. Our supervisor wasnt too happy at all. Funny thing is, that tool wasnt even needed for that particular job.
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM #523
[HP]Tweek1957
Warheads on Foreheads
 
[HP]Tweek1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Minot AFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by *knock-out05* View Post
Someone decided to leave a tool in an engine bay of one of our c-130s. They some how had it wedged in a calling. We were searching the engine bays of engines # 3 and 4. (two generators went bad) and the tool was no where to be found. So we started calling everyone to check their pockets. Nothing. We check the boxes the generators came in from supply, nothing. So we said **** it. We will check the bays again. Nothing. We go to close them up, The wind catched the inboard calling and slams it down and you hear CLINK CLINK CLINK. ****. So we opened it back up and found the tool we were looking for. Our supervisor wasnt too happy at all. Funny thing is, that tool wasnt even needed for that particular job.
Lol it was used to hold the T.O. page down cuz the wind kept blowing it over.
__________________
Joined June 2004
Feedback
youknowit546-
Tweek, you are my hero
Appels77- thanks to games like GT4 and Forza i really knew how to handle a car. I mean it was not hard at all, i was not even scared when first doing it.
thallium-
i to ask and be off topic at the same time....but i've always wondered who the hell is shens?
[HP]Tweek1957 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 PM #524
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HP]Tweek1957 View Post
Lol it was used to hold the T.O. page down cuz the wind kept blowing it over.
Probably so. Funny thing was QA was roaming around the spot on the ramp we were working on and never really had a clue. Thank God. We were about to say **** it someone has it in their pocket and do the required engine run to ops check the generators.
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM #525
*knock-out05*
Where's my boomstick?!
 
*knock-out05*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Keesler AFB, MS
*knock-out05* posts videos on PbNation
*knock-out05* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
*knock-out05* is Legendary
Too many forms. too many 781s. Im seeing "date discovered" were ever there is a date and im seeing the word "discrepancy" all over the place. Help me.
__________________
the Chive

T:GDT Rave | BBB | iPod/Zune/iPhone/iPod Touch Repair | WTB Broken iPods

ST: Tech : Danny, smartest in STT.
*knock-out05* is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump