Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2010, 12:50 AM #1
Nalayah

Well now what?

Right now, my unit's in Year 5 of our deployment cycle. We've been given a date for mobilization, and a Rear Detachment list is up. I'm going to another unit to mobilize, as we have too many medics.

However, no one has any orders in hand, and no word on when we're getting them. I've been told by most everyone to wait until I have the papers in my hand telling me to go, but I've also heard of people not getting their actual orders until they were in country. I've been holding off on telling my family about it, going by the "wait for orders" thing, but I'm wondering now if it's best to let them know that I'm most likely going, or just keep waiting?

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Nalayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 AM #2
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Let them know that you may be going but that you haven't been issued orders so you don't know when.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 AM #3
ohherrohans
(b^.')

ohherrohans supports Cereal Killerz 2
have you guys done SRP yet?

i didn't get my orders till SRP
Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 AM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
I have deployed twice and never gotten "deployment orders". We just got on a plane and left...
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:21 AM #5
Hakimullah Mehsud

Hakimullah Mehsud owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im coming up on my first one and no orders yet either. Getting ready for NTC then were off
Hakimullah Mehsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:59 AM #6
ohherrohans
(b^.')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakimullah Mehsud View Post
Im coming up on my first one and no orders yet either. Getting ready for NTC then were off
when are you slotted for NTC? hopefully its before June. i go in August which just so happens to be the hottest month for Death Valley, so im stoked. last i went, it was jan of 08 and it was cold as hell.

when we deployed we got em at SRP and then just before we got on the plane. they were blanket orders meaning, they just say this unit is supposed to PCS to this location, with a huge excel sheet of my entire units info (personnel, ssn's etc)
Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM #7
Deadly Milk Man (Banned)

I've been in Haiti for 2 months and some days now and have yet to see our orders to come here.. So just bet you're going.
Deadly Milk Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:30 PM #8
GreasyPigeon
I hate p8ntgurl

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GreasyPigeon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Deployment order? What that. They will just do a blacket order for your unit, and they will just have a by name list.

Team Pizza Time

The sniper of ST
GreasyPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:44 PM #9
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohherrohans View Post
when are you slotted for NTC? hopefully its before June. i go in August which just so happens to be the hottest month for Death Valley, so im stoked. last i went, it was jan of 08 and it was cold as hell.
Sitting on top of those mountains waiting for opfor was a waste of time...It was a 4 day survival mission just to stay warm. And that wind? Ever seen a sheet of plywood fly before? I've never been knocked out til I was hit by one of those *****es. Vest on and everything, straight to the back, out cold.
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM #10
ohherrohans
(b^.')

i watched an entire OP blow away. and then the opfor hopped in the humvees and used that platoons M2 against them. it was lame... but funny lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM #11
Big Johnny D (Banned)

I leave for NTC in May, I hear it blows donkey cock...
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote