Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should we bring back ohio agg or not?
Yes 22 30.99%
No 49 69.01%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM #64
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.
 
LockDown Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bro-H-I-Bro U.
LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Funny. As far as I know, he came here on his own.
__________________
HK
Ohio University Bobcats.
NCPA All Stars.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM #65
Irish916
eThug
 
Irish916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denver Area, Colorado
Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by etipp98 View Post
Uh oh someone had to bring in back up from florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
Funny. As far as I know, he came here on his own.
I came here on my own. I saw this thread from the homepage with the last post so I clicked it and gave my own two cents. I have friends who play on the palm beach teams. I'm not going to argue when someone says "insert PBV team* got raped this event or PBV open sucked in 06 and when appa proves it then it's done, but when people say things like

Originally Posted by shockermofo
o and palm beach vipers are a disgrace to all pb so get off there nutsssss


I start to wonder how they came up with that opinion when I know many of them and they aren't a disgrace to "pb."
__________________
Colorado State University
Irish916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:28 PM #66
etipp98
LBJ=FGT
 
etipp98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Parma
 has been a member for 10 years
You came in because it said agg in the title...don't lie brah
__________________
etipp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 PM #67
ieatvegans
Not 2K7
 
ieatvegans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloAnton View Post
it just means they have more money than j00
or their rich parents pay for it all, i mean palm beach is a pricey place to live
correct me if im wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnOzBeRrIeZ View Post
hye, i'm here
your not funny
__________________
ieatvegans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM #68
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntrm69 View Post
i think ohio needs to bring skill back before they try to be agg, if you guys stopped worrying about your looks and started trying to get good we might have a semi pro or d1 team. ohio isnt even agg we arent hk...... MW ftw
You managed to rip on Ohio and yet support the MW all in one statement....way to contradict yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
That sounds pretty good to me.
Dude..you ****ing LIVE in OHIO..Ohio has plenty of talent. TPA was one of the top D2 teams in the MW last season..and I know guys that play for what is now Status( mostly guys from Ohio) and they are ****ing legit as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
except it is..... they have a team in d3 d2 and semi pro. go do that then you can call them not successful.



edit: nvm they have a d3 team, 2 d2 teams, a d1 team and a semi pro team.
Soo...all I see is that they have a **** load if teams..awesome..that doesnt mean your succesfull..that just means there is a **** load of kids in Florida that wanna play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish916 View Post

World Cup 2008 would like to have a word with you...
You mean when they picked up Thomas Taylor, a well recognized pro player and lost to a MW team? Vicious was it? yea..thought so.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM #69
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
second place in world cup is way far from "losing" to anyone
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:53 PM #70
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.
 
LockDown Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bro-H-I-Bro U.
LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Dude..you ****ing LIVE in OHIO..Ohio has plenty of talent. TPA was one of the top D2 teams in the MW last season..and I know guys that play for what is now Status( mostly guys from Ohio) and they are ****ing legit as hell.
Was I ripping on Ohio? No I was simply defending the legitimacy of PBV.
__________________
HK
Ohio University Bobcats.
NCPA All Stars.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:53 PM #71
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
second place in world cup is way far from "losing" to anyone
The point was that they LOST...he makes it sound like they won..which they didnt.

Look.

People who say Florida and Cali have more players are right..maybe because Cali is ****ing MASSIVE and Florida isnt exactly small..PLUS, they can ball ALL YEAR ROUND.

There is plenty of competition in Ohio/MW...and Im amazed at all the Ohio people who are in here saying Ohio sucks.

Get over it, cause when it comes down to it, your only bashing yourself when you say the state you live in and play in has no competition...not exactly promoting yourself.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 PM #72
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
never said ohio sucks (not saying you were specifically calling me out). but he makes it seem like (to me at least) that they just did well in cup. go play world cup d1 and try to place.
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:57 PM #73
mrchuck234
Return of the King
 
mrchuck234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lebron, Ohio
mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
I say who gives a ****.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:59 PM #74
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
i just cant stand people that say "omg those people suck" to just about everything. if they played d1 and personally stomped the teams i could maybe accept it. if you cannot play on their level you dont get to say that they suck
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 PM #75
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
never said ohio sucks (not saying you were specifically calling me out). but he makes it seem like (to me at least) that they just did well in cup. go play world cup d1 and try to place.
Im not specifically calling out anyone.

Im not saying PBV is terrible, they are obviously made up of solid players, BUT they are not the best thing to ever hit paintball and its amazing to me, and most, the amount of followers they have ESPECIALLY the support they get from the MW, its unreal.

The MW gets no love, and its a bit annoying to constantly hear people bash it whne there is plenty of solid competition everywhere. Sure all the players may not still be in Ohio, but is that a bad thing? No, it just means they busted *** and got on a team, I.E Infamous/Entourage for Hire, Infamous for Carl, and Dynasty for Cody.

Its a fact there is more paintball played in Florida and Cali, its obvious why when its 65-70 and sunny out damn near everyday, if it never snowed in Ohio, im sure you would see the same thing.

There is no need for an Agg or not Ohio thread, if people want to have a place to share pictures, fine, make a thread for pictures, but dont judge people on how they look because its retarted.

Just make an "Ohio Players Picture Thread" or something and go nuts. No judging of "styles" or "aggness" or w/e. Just post pics and w/e if thats what people really want to do, which it seems.

That way everyone can be happy, they have a place to post pics and talk and what not, but dont turn it into a "your not good cause you arent wearing this, this and this" just post pictures, and chill. Hell, Ill ****ing make the thread.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM #76
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
i love that you ohians dont get agg. we dont judge skill by looks, we judge looks. and not everyone wears $600 sandanas. do you know why they are so expensive? because they are rare. a collectors item.
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 PM #77
ieatvegans
Not 2K7
 
ieatvegans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
i love that you ohians dont get agg. we dont judge skill by looks, we judge looks. and not everyone wears $600 sandanas. do you know why they are so expensive? because they are rare. a collectors item.
you have just proved our point, you care more about looks than anything, and spending 600 dollars on a piece of cloth is stupid
have fun getting money during the upcoming depression
/thread
__________________
ieatvegans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 PM #78
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
i dont see how i proved it..... i dont care about looks. its a style, like how you dress when you arent playing. i bet you conform to a certain style type. and i do not own a sandana, i was just saying that it is a collectors item. some people have the extra coin to collect them. is that an HK headband i see in your dp? and one in your sig?
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 PM #79
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
i dont see how i proved it..... i dont care about looks. its a style, like how you dress when you arent playing. i bet you conform to a certain style type. and i do not own a sandana, i was just saying that it is a collectors item. some people have the extra coin to collect them. is that an HK headband i see in your dp?
The whole idea of AGG is to judge looks, and the basis behind that is if one looks agg, then they must be good, or if one LOOKs like he is good, he is AGG...its a ******* idea.

Like I said, if people want to post pictures, go make a thread to post pictures in, just DONT judge people or rip on people as they do in the HK threads when they dont look agg or if they arent friends with everyone who posts in there 24/7

Seriously guys, if you want to post pictures fine, but make it so everyone can enjoy posting in the thread without fear of being told that how they look when they play relates to their skill level.

Cause when it comes down to it looks have NOTHING to do with skill..Oliver Lang could wear a ****ing Guille suit at MAO and still RIP kids looking like a fool, so it doesnt matter how you look when you play.

If your good, your good, period.

Arent you from Ohio? We understand AGG, its to judge looks blah blah blah, but the reason they do that is to also judge how good one looks like they ARE at paintball, so it relates to skill. If you look dumb, they will assume you are bad, thus, you are not agg.

So saying it has nothing to do with skill is wrong, because it does, they judge your looks and based off that your skill. Ive seen kids correct kids on their form and tell them they arent agg because of something and obviusly form has to do with skill.

Like I said, go make a thread for picture for Ohio players, just dont judge people, or if you are gonna judge, be constructive and dont rip on kids or w/e.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-

Last edited by CANT THINK OF A NAME : 03-15-2009 at 09:21 PM.
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:19 PM #80
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
nowhere do they say that people suck because they do not look good. they say they just dont look good...... and im pretty sure that the weight/size of a guille suit would hinder the skills of the Lang
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:25 PM #81
ApolloAnton
gettin slizzard
 
ApolloAnton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
ApolloAnton donated to help Peyton Trent
ApolloAnton owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ApolloAnton supports Team VICIOUS
ApolloAnton is for the Gunfight
looks is just as important as performance.
ApolloAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:25 PM #82
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
nowhere do they say that people suck because they do not look good. they say they just dont look good...... and im pretty sure that the weight/size of a guille suit would hinder the skills of the Lang
Yes they do. If you dont look good, they will assume you are not good at paintball.

Hell, dont tell me when you go play you see a kid who looks dumb(in your eyes) and thus, you assume he is not good. People do it all the time. Its a fact of paintball and sports in general. People corrilate looks to skill and its dumb. Its a form of intimidation and in the Agg or not forums people will/do assume that if you dont look good playing, then you are most likely not good.

And your missing the point. Oliver Lang can wear w/e he wants and he will still be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloAnton View Post
looks is just as important as performance.
Sometimes.

Sure if you feel good about how you look you will feel better when you play. But to judge someone on it is dumb because it comes down to personal preference.

It shouldnt matter how people look when they play. Judging people only causes problems especially because of how its done.

Thats why Agg is what it is. Someone sees a pic of someone that looks like they are good at paintball because of what they are wearing(Longsleeve or w/e, faded sandana, cargos w/e) and becuase of how the LOOK they judge their skill level, thats fact.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-

Last edited by CANT THINK OF A NAME : 03-15-2009 at 09:29 PM.
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM #83
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D1 division
i honestly dont because i play (rec ball) in a bright green t-shirt with a giant iron on panda on the front. once i see them play a game or talk about paintball i judge (they usually are talking about how good they are). and you are making more assumptions than any agg or not thread ive ever seen. you see someone in a longsleeve, wearing a sandana and assume he payed a million dollars for the sandana and cares only about how he looks.
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM #84
CANT THINK OF A NAME
10mm.....................
 
CANT THINK OF A NAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toledo OH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
i honestly dont because i play (rec ball) in a bright green t-shirt with a giant iron on panda on the front. once i see them play a game or talk about paintball i judge (they usually are talking about how good they are). and you are making more assumptions than any agg or not thread ive ever seen. you see someone in a longsleeve, wearing a sandana and assume he payed a million dollars for the sandana and cares only about how he looks.
Im not making assumptions. That **** happens all the ****ing time. Through a picture, people will judge skill based off looks. It happens all the ****in time.

I dont assume people pay x-amount for x-item. Im just saying, people are judge ALOT based off looks. Also, paintball isnt cheap and what is considered "agg" is pretty well know by many people so when I see someone with a Treetrunk sandana, im OBVIOUSLY going to think they paid 600 for it because thats what they go for, same goes for pro jerseys or rare chigo pants.

Its not about saying they care to much about how they look, they might, but thats on them. But its pretty obvious to point out expensive things one is wearing.
__________________
GWC O.G. #7
-"Welcome to the Midwest"-
Warzone>*
-TPA Redemption D3X-
CANT THINK OF A NAME is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump